slo’s MONDAY 2/26 poll - Jigsaw Puzzles 🧩

Jigsaw Puzzles - Do you enjoy them, How many pieces, What do you do with them? (m.c.)

• I enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles

Votes: 56 53.8%
  • I somewhat enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • I do not enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • 300 pieces or less

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • 301 - 500 pieces

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • 501 - 1000 pieces

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • 1000 pieces or more

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • I glue completed puzzles

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I return completed puzzles back to the box

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
SLO, Did you buy a puzzle board? We invested in one so we could use our table for meals again! lol It‘s fantastic for moving it without losing any of the work. There are also 4 drawers so you can sort pieces and work in sections.
No - I use a 40x60 piece of cardboard on my dining room table. When I need to move it, my DH helps me to put it on the living room floor.

Here’s a picture I took this morning with my completed Spring puzzle. It’s waiting to be glued

IMG_3216.jpeg

i like jigsaws, but having cats make it impossible to expect the pieces to stay put. I have been doing ”Magic Jigsaw Puzzles” on my iPad for 12 years now. A few years ago (in a vacation cottage - no cat) I decided to do a 500 piece puzzle. I got bored finding the edges and turning the pieces over and went back to the iPad.
I found that site for DH. He does them in car while I’m in store. But he only picks maybe 75-100 piece, Something to do in 20 -30 mins.

I like doing them but don't really have anywhere to set them up. We don't have a coffee table. I do have a board I use sometimes but I have to sit on the floor and as I get older that is just a no go. I do 1000 pieces or more and I put them back in the box when I'm done. I have an entire shelf in one of closets full of them.

I enjoy working on a jigsaw. I get into moods where I can sit for hours a day doing a puzzle. Then I can go for a couple of years without touching one. I stick to the 500 piece puzzles because when they're completed I carefully take them apart and box them up again to give to the VFW post near my house. They distribute them to assisted living places in my area, and 500 piece puzzles are preferred.

They are both from Costco here in Canada…both on sale for $9.99 even better

.Eurographics puzzles….1000 piece you can find them on line there was a paper in the box.
Ooh, thank you! Now you say that, I have a couple of Eurographics travel posters, I must see which they are!! I'm pretty sure one of them is Canadian. Thanks, again.

I like them okay, but haven’t done one in many years. When I was a kid, we would sometimes do them as a family, and put them on a board that could slide under the couch while in progress. Never glued them, just took apart and put back in the box. I think I just don’t have the patience for it now, would lose interest before it’s done, unless I had the time and could finish it in one day.

I’ve never been much of a puzzle person however I did just buy one this weekend to work on while I am going through cancer treatments. So far I have the edge done.

IMG_7836.jpeg

I do 500 piece puzzles. Have done a couple bigger but my short attention span is not a fan. I sticker glue the back and frame them. All Disney. Started when we have a rental place by Disney and I wanted to theme the bedrooms a little.

No - I use a 40x60 piece of cardboard on my dining room table. When I need to move it, my DH helps me to put it on the living room floor.

Here’s a picture I took this morning with my completed Spring puzzle. It’s waiting to be glued

View attachment 837002
I’ve never glued one. Do you frame and keep them?

Reactions: slo
I haven’t done a puzzle since I was a kid. I had a Pink Panther puzzle, maybe 100 pieces. Would always break it up and put it in the box upon finishing.

I don't like working on them, which is strange because my spacial relations ability is really good.
My GD loves them though and is very good at them. No borders first, no looking at the picture. She considers it cheating.

I love puzzles. The 1000 piece ones are my favorite. I did do a Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle 3000 piece puzzle. It was crazy hard as a lot of the pieces were weirdly cut and it would look like it fit and it really didn’t and I’d have to take whole sections apart rotating pieces to get it right. I gave up after completing 2/3 of it, it was driving me mad and it was just so large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter