slo’s MONDAY 4/15 poll - Oceans 🌊

The Oceans - Which ones have you seen & what’s your opinion of them? (m.c.)

• The Atlantic Ocean

Votes: 114 97.4%
  • The Pacific Ocean

Votes: 98 83.8%
  • The Arctic Ocean

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • The Indian Ocean

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • The Southern (Antarctic) Ocean (the newest named ocean)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I love or like the ocean

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • I’m indifferent about the ocean

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • I’m not a fan of the ocean

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I’ve never seen any oceans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
I love the ocean -- the sound of the waves, the smell of the salt, the sea breeze. That sea breeze can pretty much blow all your troubles away. (I don't particularly like baking in the sun or swimming in salt water, but a walk on the beach at sunset is LOVELY.)

Edit: I've been to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans... but I don't live near any.

Last edited:

Fresh air, expansive views, sounds of the waves, sunlight shining on the water, gulls keowing and the sheer force of nature... I love being by the ocean (or sea)!

Indifferent about them. Have seen the Atlantic and the Pacific. For the most part, to me, it's water, a lot of water. Having lived my whole life by Lake Michigan, which looks like an ocean, nothing special. The coasts of the Pacific, both California and Hawaii, are very beautiful.

I've seen the Atlantic both in person and from an airplane. I don't really care for that particular ocean. As kids spending summers in Wildwood we were often sent to the beach. I hate the beach and always have. I don't see the attraction. And my particular part of the Atlantic, if you go in past your knees you can't see the bottom anymore, which freaks me out because I stepped on a live thing (probably a horseshoe crab) once when I was a child. I also was stung by a jellyfish. Oh, and there was the time we went to the beach for the day and the next day they closed the beaches because of bacteria in the water and I threw up that entire day.

Ye-ah...not a fan. Maybe if I went to one of those places with the beautiful crystal clear water i would feel differently.

• Wow
Reactions: GAN
Love oceans, the wilder the better. Just got back from a short trip to the Oregon coastline (stayed in Cannon Beach). DD was freaked out by the Tsunami warning signs they put on the beach there. They have them in So Cal too but you rarely see them. They are everywhere in Coastal Oregon.

I've enjoyed the cruises we've taken but I don't need to spend an inordinate amount of time gazing out at the water. More like a Clark Griswold at the Grand Canyon sort of thing "Look kids!"

I love the Ocean. Good thing I live in the Ocean State. But even in the summer, the water is too cold for me. I’m a Gulf of Mexico in July swimmer. But I could sit for hours watching the surf , breathing in the air. I could never live far away from the ocean.

I love the ocean. I'm not a sit on the hot beach for hours on end person, but I walk on the beach several times a week. I live in a beach town, about a half a mile from sand (or water depending on tides and storms lately... our beach has had a rough winter.) I love watching the ocean change- the color, the waves. I love breathing in the salty air. And I even love the ocean in the cold northeast winter.

I’ve lived most of my life within 10 miles of the Atlantic. Beautiful wide white sand beaches. I go often, year round. One of my favorite places. Have been to the west coast several times, so have also seen the Pacific.

Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Caribbean and Mediterranean Seas. Spent most of the time in Atlantic Ocean with summers in NJ and Florida, cruises to Bermuda and Bahamas. I mostly have seen the Pacific from cruise ships (Hawaii and Alaska) although I swam in it in Hawaii. Saw it from California in 2022 but didn't get close enough to swim.

I love the ocean, one of the reasons I love cruising, to spend time looking out at the water. I do like the beach too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter