slo’s MONDAY 4/8 poll - Solar Eclipse ☀️🌕😎

Solar Eclipse - Are you seeing this today and/or have you seen one in the past? (m.c.)

• I’m seeing the 4/8/24 solar eclipse

Votes: 64 58.2%
  • I did see the 4/8/24 solar eclipse (for those participating after the eclipse is over)

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I’m not seeing the solar eclipse on 4/8/24

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I can see the solar eclipse from where I live

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • I’m making a special trip to see the solar eclipse

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • I’ve seen a solar eclipse in the recent past (in the 2000s)

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • I’ve seen a solar eclipse a long time ago

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • I’ve never seen a solar eclipse

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Thank you so much for that website I’m in 99.3 I didn’t think I was in that much I was planning on watching it today now I’m really planning on watching it today
I consider that almost totality
I watched the one in 2017 and it was amazing!! so now I’m really excited!!! I work from home so I’ll just go outside and watch it!! I still have my glasses from 2017

Enjoy it and wear your glasses!!

We are in the 99.7 totality range. We could drive about 40 minutes to be 100, but I think the traffic would be awful coming home.

Reactions: slo
I'm in the totality area, but kind of near the edge, so it'll only last for about 1 minute and 45 seconds here, while closer to the center line it'll be almost 4 minutes. However, I'm very happy that I can enjoy this one from the comfort of my own home!

I saw the 2017 eclipse (partial) and I remember one while I was in college. It was also partial but it was during the late spring when all the trees had leafed out. The dappled light in the shade of the trees all made crescent shapes and it was VERY cool. Our trees haven't quite leafed out here yet, so I'm a little bummed that we won't get that effect this time.

The totality is about 3 hours west of me, but I saw the most recent one that went through the U.S. so I'm not making any special efforts today.

I’m in an area where it’ll only be about 30%. I’m working and will likely not even notice it.

We are in the path of totality and I am hoping we will be able to see something. The clouds are starting to roll in. Yesterday not a cloud in the sky but I am still hoping to see something. I watched the one in 2017 from my pool today no pool.

I'll be watching. Should be same view at you, Sandy. Not sure what Vince and his crew are doing but Natalie has her glasses, will be watching at her work. Jeremy (high school) is off school, I will be picking him up for an eclipse bonding. Christopher (8th grade) is at school, and they are having an educational assembly and then the whole school will head out to the track area for viewing. School is giving all the kids and staff viewing glasses.

As a kid, my best friend, Jim, while we were growing up, looked at an eclipse when we were about 13 or so. He wound up with permanent, lifetime retinopathy, no central vision, like macular degeneration. He was rejected by the military because of it. I must not have watched it back then, I do not recall it, or any other eclipse for that matter.

Everybody enjoy. Wear those glasses. :cool2:

Happy Eclipse Day to all those who are able to experience this.
For all those seeing today’s eclipse, remember to wear your special glasses and have fun.

Are you going to see today’s solar eclipse?
Have you seen one in the past?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I have my glasses ready, and my boss and I will watch the eclipse today. It will be a partial eclipse by me, which is the Chicagoland area. The last solar eclipse was on my DD20’s birthday in 2017, which was very cool. Picture from 2017 ⬇️ I love this picture!

View attachment 849333
I liked that picture when you originally posted it Sandy. Says a lot.
Thanks 😊

Yeah, we’re in 100% totality here. Getting some breakfast with my wife and another couple, checking out the eclipse and then the Guardians home opener. Should be a great day ☀️
Happy Birthday, @soccerdad72! :cake: The celestial skies are celebrating today. 🌑 :sunny:

Home is 97% so we traveled about 2 hours north to a place that is supposed to be in totality, but it is cloudy. Starting to clear up, but I think the clouds come back around the peak time. But the weather is decently warm and we are sitting at the edge of a lake enjoying the day. There are people here, but no where near the level of crowd we expected—probably because it’s cloudy.

We're not in the path of totality, but should have a good view regardless. We have glasses, and I have a special thingie to put over my phone lens to try and get a pic of the eclipse.

I don't remember the one in 2017, but that doesn't mean I didn't see it; I probably did.

I saw one in the 70s when I was still at elementary school. I remember we made homemade viewers out of cardboard with a pinhole in it and watched it from our schoolyard.

Gonna try to see it from our place in MD. But we tried last time and didn't see anything special.

So very amused by the hullabaloo. When I was a kid I vaguely remember a toilet tissue roll project where we all needed to bring in the cardboard rolls, make some kind of a thing with paper, hold this contraption up to the paper and watch that in the schoolyard.

Found it!
https://www.instructables.com/Emergency-Solar-Eclipse-Viewer/
Of course, we all got annoyed and stared into the sun anyway, daredevils that we were.... I mean look at the contraption

We'll go outside with our Lowes glasses and see what happens:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter