slo’s MONDAY 4/8 poll - Solar Eclipse ☀️🌕😎

Solar Eclipse - Are you seeing this today and/or have you seen one in the past? (m.c.)

• I’m seeing the 4/8/24 solar eclipse

Votes: 64 58.2%
  • I did see the 4/8/24 solar eclipse (for those participating after the eclipse is over)

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I’m not seeing the solar eclipse on 4/8/24

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I can see the solar eclipse from where I live

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • I’m making a special trip to see the solar eclipse

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • I’ve seen a solar eclipse in the recent past (in the 2000s)

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • I’ve seen a solar eclipse a long time ago

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • I’ve never seen a solar eclipse

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

We're at Disney World right now. Won't be watching. We didn't bring our glasses with us.
It is DH's birthday and he is wandering around Galaxy's Edge.

We did see the one in October.... Great fun. DGD loved it. Not quite total but just a small bit not civered.

We travelled from Florida to Hot Springs, AK and rented an airbnb. We are in the path of totality and have a few clouds but mostly sunny

Ready and waiting with our glasses. Saw the eclipse in 2017 and a few others when I was younger. Don’t remember any of them getting the hype like this one. Schools closed early here at 1:30 pm ET. We’re in the 90% zone.

We had a half-day of school and sent the kids home early. The principal threw a BBQ lunch/potluck for faculty/staff for lunch and then a few of us decided to head home. We could drive about 30 minutes south or east and be at 100% totality, but traffic is already crazy here. I-55 South of St Louis is exceptionally bad. So, we're hanging at home and watching our 99.3% totality from our deck. (We were 100% in 2017, so it's okay.)

The temperature has dropped from totally sunny and quite warm to a bit on the chilly side now. So far, maybe 60% covered.

I enjoyed what we had in Cape May! I don’t remember seeing the one in 2017. This one I will remember!

Well it seems like a lot of people got to experience a good amount of "coverage". Here it was only about 34% so basically like nothing even happened. :( 2017 was pretty much nothing here too.

I went into my backyard about a dozen times. 87% covered here, but there was no noticeable decrease in light. Still, it was worth watching for 30 seconds at a time.

Sadly no. It has been cloudy and rainy and we only had a chance of a partial so nothing. I am enjoying my FB friends photos from place that could see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter