• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY 9/25 poll - Indoor Live House Plants

Live Indoor House Plants - Do you have them and how many? (m.c.)

• I’m a live indoor house plant person

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • I’m not a live indoor house plant person

Votes: 41 42.7%
  • I have no live indoor house plants

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I have one live indoor house plant

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • I have two live indoor house plants

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I have three live indoor house plants

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I have four live indoor house plants

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I have five or more live indoor house plants

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • I can’t have live indoor plants - please post why

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
I love love indoor plants however my cats feel differently. Boris and Natasha are 2, I used to have maybe 15 plants. I have 4 left.

I have one indoor live plant at work. I inherited one after someone left and promptly killed it. I gave to my daughter to see if she could nurse it back. When she couldn’t she bought me a new one for Fathers Day. I move it away from new coworker who kept dumping her water from the previous day in it and over watering it and also set a reminder to water on my calendar.

My home is where houseplants come to die. I have trouble keeping my yard and outdoor trees alive. Indoor plants don’t stand a chance. I don’t like fake plants, so the only fake plant is the artificial Christmas tree.

This is me! I have tried and tried!

Since I work out-of-state, I can have neither plants nor pets. There is no one there to take care of them. I have lots of cameras, sensors and robots though.

We'd love to have some indoor plants, but with 2 cats it's not possible. One of them will eat anything so no plants for us.

I am NOT a plant (inside) person - it feels like clutter to me. BUT, we have one plant, in a basement window. It was something from my husband's moms funeral (in 2000) that has, somehow, stayed alive?

I have two African violets and one green plant arrangement in the house right now. I have two hoya plants that spend the summer outside. But I bring them in when the weather gets into the 50's. I will take cuttings of my coleus plants and let them root in water for the winter. And I have a lantana plant that is outside now which I will attempt to keep alive this winter by digging it up and bringing it indoors. That lantana plant was originally planted in 2022 and I managed to keep it alive last winter. So maybe I will be lucky again. The lantana plant is perennial in warm climates but not in the freezing cold Midwest. :)

Not an indoor plant person. But I have three, all of which were gifts.

One that is easy-care (water twice per month). One Easy Plant (OMG -- just once per month -- it's WONDERFUL!).

And.....an orchid. Who the heck gives orchids to a business associate? I've managed to keep it alive for three weeks so far.

I enjoy growing indoor houseplants. One schefflera is from an offshoot originally given to me at a baby shower. That DS is 49 years old! Another aloe plant, which is called Ursula is originally from my Dad who passed in 1993. Aloe plants sometimes have off shoots, so, this too is from an offshoot.

Ursula in 2021, decorated for Christmas. She looks a lot better now, believe me.

I have probably 30 indoor plants nor counting my amaryllises which go outside for the summer.
1695657149744.jpeg

We were given a house plant several years ago, we still have it. Now outdoor potted plants, after carefully planning for retirement by putting in automatic sprinklers, and a locking mailbox so we could travel in retirement without worrying about getting someone to take care of the house. Guess what, my wife now has 10 potted plants on the front and back porches, that we have to arrange for someone to water when we go away! SMH!!!

I have one in my office that I sort of remember to water...
That's probably for the best. I think most people kill plants by over-watering (which is probably why people think they are so much work). Most houseplants only need to be watered once a week or less.

No plants for me. I have a black thumb. I once killed a succulent.
I have killed a lot of succulents. I currently have dozens of other plants thriving throughout my house, but every time I have tried a succulent I have killed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter