slo’s SATURDAY 8/6 poll - Disneyland

Disneyland - Have you gone? and how many times? (M.C.)

• Yes

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • 1 times

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • 2 times

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • 3 times

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • 4 times

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • 5-7 times

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 8-10 times

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 11 or more times

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Disneyland is one of my favorite places in the whole world. I always cry when it's time to leave at the end of every trip.

For anyone who hasn't visited yet, whenever you do end up going, go eat at the Hungry Bear and sit on the top level at a table close to the Rivers of America. The sounds of the river boat, the Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes going by, the sound of the train in the background. It's truly lovely.

4 times I think

First in 1968. Went to LA to visit a good friend who had moved there from Chicago. He was working a full time job, gave me his car for the day to visit DL. Had a good time, but was not 'into Disney' then. Just a fun day.

2nd time was a family trip to CA, both San Francisco and LA. Among other things in LA, we did DL and Universal. Still nothing 'extra special'

Then, after I became a Disney 'aficionado' in 1999 after a business convention at WDW in 1998, I had two business trips to CA in 2 years, San Diego and LA., early 2000's. I made it a point to visit DL and California Adventure each of those two visits. And made sure to do them with folks from here on the dis. Some are still here and I count them as real life friends.

11+ for sure! Lived in SoCal and before working for Disney we had annual passes. Like many others on this thread we consider it home. 🥰

I hope to take my Granddaughters to Disneyland, but not before both are at least 8 years old. My kids went for the first time at 4 and that was too young IMHO to take full advantage of the admission price. We are hard core Disneyland folks. In with early admission, there until closing, all meals in the park. You can't do that when little ones still need naps. And neither of my kids remember their trips before about age 8 anyway.
It wasn't a big deal financially for my oldest Granddaughter's first trip and her other Grandfather found 20 free admission tickets in a desk at a company he just went to work for. I could put up with naps if admission was free.
Being too young is why I wouldn't do it before age 3, even though they are "free." I went to Disneyland many times between 3 - 12 but barely remember anything about them. I have a false memory about a ride in a tunnel under the Main Street train station. Then on the last trip for my 12th birthday right before we moved north an older gentlemen telling me not to worry about the sprinkles it was only liquid sunshine and then my sister and I riding the Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain over & over with another sibling pair we met at the park that day. Not having "memories" of something is a really bad reason to not do it. Why not do something just for the sole reason that they are having fun at the time?

10 years ago. I enjoyed it. It was part of a 10 day trip to San Diego. I’d love to go back.

I’ve lived in Southern California my whole life, so more times than I could count. I’ve usually had an annual pass, but sitting things out these days.

Never been there. We had a trip planned but was cancelled due to Covid. If all goes according to plan will be there next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter