slo’s SATURDAY poll - Corrective Lenses

Corrective Lenses - What do you wear? (Multiple choice)

• Nothing

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Single vision (near-sighted)

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Single vision (far-sighted)

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Bifocals

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Trifocals

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Contacts (soft)

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Contacts (hard)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I’m supposed to wear corrective lens but I don’t

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I used to wear corrective lens, but no need now due to laser surgery

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you have to wear any type of corrective lenses?
If yes….What do you wear?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..Single vision (for distance) glasses only
Technically, I should be wearing bifocals, but I can‘t do it. When I tried them I felt seasick, dizzy and fuzzy in the head all the time. I tried a few different types and I couldn’t do it. So I went back to my old glasses that‘s for distance only, and I should buy some cheaters for reading.
No contacts for me due to me requiring prisms in my lenses. I don’t mind that because I’m used to my glasses and I have 5 different pairs that I switch with depending on my outfit. Walmart has some fun very inexpensive frames - I’m going to buy a few more this year.

I've worn contacts since I was 13. Back then, the correction was only for distance, but now they're bifocals. I do wear glasses during the "wraparound" hours - first thing in the morning before I've showered/dressed/put my contacts in, and for a while in the evenings after I've taken them out.

I pretty much wear glasses all the time now. I def need them to read and recently was told I need them for driving also. I feel like I see the same if I’m just around the house but I pretty much just leave them on at this point.

I wear contacts and readers and gave magnifying glass I’m all but blind
I have had my prescription changed three times this past year nothing helps
My eyes are too bad for surgery - who knew your eyesight could be too bad for corrective surgery?? That was a shock
Thankful I can see what I can even if it’s not crisp and clear
It’s a long story but pertains to a medication I was taking - said medication come to find out many many years later causes blindness - this little detail was never disclosed as a possible side effect - I kept telling my eye dr I feel like I’m going blind - he would laugh - well no one is laughing now - as the medication did just that to me - the problem can’t be reversed and will continue to do damage for 10 years after stopping medication 😳

Since cataract surgery, I wear progressives, but only really need reading glasses.I am too lazy to switch back and forth with the reading glasses.

I wear progressives. I'm nearsighted with astigmatism. And as I've become older, I started needing reading glasses.

In college, I tried hard contacts and hated them. I've got pollen, dust, mold allergies that leave me with year round itchy eyes and post nasal drip. So hot. Contacts made me a drippy mess.

I voted tri-focals but they are actually progressive lenses and ouch, are they pricey! :headache: I have a separate pair of computer bi-focals (near and mid range) for work.

I was born with congenital cataracts that weren’t diagnosed until I was 40. I then spent years on a wait-list for artificial lens replacement. I was so excited; I assumed the surgery would be life-changing, and it was - in a bad way. My previous near-sightedness turned into far-sightedness and because of permanent damage done by the cataracts, my vision couldn’t be restored to anything near 20/20. I have literally no range of vision that is clear without glasses.

I have no-line bifocals which I wear when I'm not on the computer, and regular corrective lenses for the rest of the time. Honestly, I wear my computer glasses more than the regular ones. I can't see the screen with my bifocals on. My eyes are very bad and I have a very strong prescription- I'm not a candidate for corrective surgery because I have so much astigmatism I'd still need pretty strong glasses. So I won't bother.

I only wear glasses for distance. I take my glasses off when I do anything on the computer or read. Sometimes when I eat too, it bothers me .

Do need them to drive.

I wear reading glasses and should go and get regular glasses but, well, trying times and all. I've worn reading glasses since I was 20 years old, one eye is worse than the other. I used to get prescription, now I just buy lots of pairs at the drug store and leave them in every room in the house, my car, hubby's truck, hubby's car, 2 pair in the RV and a pair at the office. Around the house I just push them on top of my head. I even have bi-focal lenses on my diving mask for seeing my dive computer. Up until about 3 years ago my regular vision was close to 20 20 but now things are starting to get a little blurry far away.

I wear reading glasses and should go and get regular glasses but, well, trying times and all. I've worn reading glasses since I was 20 years old, one eye is worse than the other. I used to get prescription, now I just buy lots of pairs at the drug store and leave them in every room in the house, my car, hubby's truck, hubby's car, 2 pair in the RV and a pair at the office. Around the house I just push them on top of my head. I even have bi-focal lenses on my diving mask for seeing my dive computer. Up until about 3 years ago my regular vision was close to 20 20 but now things are starting to get a little blurry far away.

LOL....I buy them at the dollar store and they are everywhere with extras in a drawer

I stash reading glass EVERYWHERE - multiple pairs - I buy Mickey Mouse style every time I go to Disney - they are really nice !!

I wear traditional bifocals. I am very nearsighted with several astigmatisms in each eye. I tried progressive lenses (basically bifocals without the line, sort of) and could not wear them. I was SO dizzy, disoriented, and nauseated from wearing them! I wore contacts back in the early 80s. I know they weren't hard lenses, but there weren't "soft lenses" in those days, either; I guess maybe they were the forerunners of today's soft lenses. Anyhow... I have worked in science research labs all my life and in those days we weren't allowed to wear contacts in the lab. It was a royal PITA taking them out and putting them in all the time, and my eyes didn't adjust very well to the contacts so they weren't too comfortable, so I gave up wearing them. I'm OK with wearing my glasses- I've worn them for 57 years- but as I get older I find the correction isn't as good, which is concerning. Trifocals have been suggested, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet.

I wear Progressive Lenses. When I first got them took about a week to get use to them however this is my tenth year and have no issues.

Trifocsl for many, many years. Started bifocals as my first glasses shortly after 40 years old. A few years later, truficals.

Side note on the current supply disruption. I have purchase my glasses for years at Costco Optical. I went there early last fall with my new Rx from my ophthalmologist exam a few weeks earlier. I'm pretty much a creature of habit. I asked for this Rx in the same frames I have now. He looked up my record, said they did not have trifocsl blanks to have done for me, had not had for several months. Bifocals or trifocsl progressives only available. I did not want either. He said to keep checking back every so often. They just came in, I'll be going to Costco probably next week.

I wear progressive bifocals, since I was 40 so 24 years now. Not really happy with the last few pair, sometimes it takes 2-4 tries to get them half way right. It seems like the good sight sweet spot is very small. I hate having to get new ones. I faithfully have my eyes checked once a year though since I’m diabetic.

I have worn reading glasses since I got my first full-time job after college in order to avoid daily headaches. I got single vision reading glasses for distance when I was 25, but was able to pass my driving test without them for 20 years. I wore contacts for a few years in there, but found I could not wear contacts and makeup at the same time without ridiculous eye irritation. I tried every combination of sensitive makeup I could find, but finally gave up contacts so I could wear makeup comfortably. During the contact lens years, I had to renew my drivers license and since I had been wearing my contacts all day, I knew I couldn't just pop them out and pass the test. Had I done it first thing in the morning before putting in contacts, I may have been able to pass again, but I just told them I was now wearing contacts and it's on my license now. I never drive without my glasses because I love to see clearly.

My distance prescription has changed very little over the years, but at 55 I need the readers for clear vision up close and not just for avoiding headaches. I treated myself to progressive lenses in December and they took so long to come in that I was on vacation through the holidays and could only use them at home. If I use them at work, I'll have to completely change the height and setup of my monitor, so I've been playing with them at home. I hate them. I really hate them. I'm concerned that there is something wrong with the prescription, but I'm so stinking busy at work and the Eye Doctor has very restricted hours that I have not had a chance to take them back in and have someone work with me on them.

I have to tilt my head very far back to get a good spot for seeing the computer. It gets uncomfortable very quickly at that angle and I have to move my entire head back and forth to read because that sweet spot is in the middle of the lowest portion of the frame and if I glance to either side, like you do when reading, it's blurry. It's so low that the lower curve of the frame limits my field of vision. Also, I tend to use a finger to push the frame up higher than just sitting on my nose in order to see through the sweet spot and not get a neck ache. I don't think this is a problem with me getting used to them, but some kind of problem with the lenses. In which case, I really need to get myself in there with the glasses and have them look at them. Otherwise, I have wasted almost $500!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter