slo’s SATURDAY poll - Starbucks

Starbucks - How often do you buy a beverage from there?

• Every day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-7 times a week

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Every couple weeks

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Multiple times a month

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Not often - when it’s cold out

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Not often - when I crave a specialty drink

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Not often - it’s to expensive

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Not often - only when I’m desperate

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Never

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 6.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How often do you buy a beverage from Starbucks?

For Me……Once or twice a year.

My DD and I go every Thanksgiving morning so we can get a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. This has been a tradition for 10 years or more now and I started this when my girls were little and Starbucks was a treat. Now one DD is married and gone and my youngest is 18yrs old and still home - she gets Starbucks all the time now, but she wants to continue our tradition, so we’ll do it until she moves out someday.

I may go another time during the year, but only because we might be downtown Chicago in the winter and I’ll get a coffee to warm me up.

Starbucks isn’t my favorite coffee, and I’m such a cheapskate that I prefer making my coffee at home, which is why I don’t go to Starbucks more than once or twice a year.

Not often. I pretty much just have regular coffee at home. There’s a specialty drink I like that I’ll get once in a while.

Go about once every 5 years. Usually when I'm traveling and there is no other option. I'm not going to wait in line for 15 minutes for a $6 cup of hot ashtray water.

Coffee snob gen x'er here.

'member when we were in college and we would go to a real cafe and hang out with our friends after class? Get a real cappuccino? Met your first real boyfriend there. Such a muscle car doofus. But dang he did drive a hot car with the massive CD changer in the trunk. Like that stupid show Friends, only it was real life......

Gonna start weeping now for my lost youth

The only thing I get at Starbucks is a piping hot English Breakfast Tea Latte. I'm a huge "hot tea" drinker (drink about 3 cups a day no matter the weather) and I don't do coffee. I used to hate when I was running around doing errands all day and I felt like I wanted a quick hot-tea pick me up. No one, and I mean no one anywhere serves anything like that. I was delighted many years ago when Starbucks started offering various tea lattes. Hot stroong tea, steamed frothed milk. I like that they will customize it any way I want with levels of milk, choice of milks, sweeteners, etc.

I voted other.....I only go at airports and Disney parks.
I don't drink coffee, but I really like their iced tea.
I do surveys that earns me rewards and I always turn them in for Starbucks gift cards, so they are always free.
DH likes them at Disney parks because they have coke zero bottles there and we use them there

I voted other.....I only go at airports and Disney parks.
I don't drink coffee, but I really like their iced tea.
I do surveys that earns me rewards and I always turn them in for Starbucks gift cards, so they are always free.
DH likes them at Disney parks because they have coke zero bottles there and we use them there

Your post reminds me that I hit Starbucks HARD at the Disney parks. I get that nice "tea" pick me up that I described above. Even if it's 100 degrees in Animal Kingdom, I get a hot tea latte! My daughter is like you and likes to try their various iced teas. My cousin got one on our last visit that was a unique mix to the Disney parks (some sort of blueberry thing) and she still talks about it.

Not a coffee or tea drinker got a hot chocolate there once and it was like half cup rest whipped cream not worth it.

Almost never - only if there's no other choice. I don't drink frou-frou coffee concoctions; just plain black coffee and I prefer a medium roast of something that's bright and acidic rather than earthy. Starbucks is too dark and burnt-tasting. I much prefer McCafe if I'm grabbing a cup at the drive-thru or if I'm meeting someone for a cozy chat there's a local coffee house we like. In the States I really like Dunkin'.

On average maybe once a month or less. I have been wanting a Cafe Vanilla Frappuccino for a couple weeks, maybe I’ll get it this afternoon.

Used to be nearly every day. But between cost and calories (lattes & Frappuccinos) I just got out of the habit.

Occasionally, if I’m at Disney, Universal or Canada’s Wonderland.
And if I do stop, I just want a coffee, not a specialty drink.

Yep, on the rare occasions I go to Starbucks I just want regular coffee.

I have no idea what most of the other choices are. And the pretentious names of the sizes for their drinks. :crazy:

I need to return to Canada’s Wonderland. It’s been too long.

Almost everyday! Starbucks is the only place that serves consistently drinkable iced coffees, lattes, etc. The iced shaken espresso (even though it’s technically closer to an iced shaken cap) is perfection! The only thing I dislike about Starbucks is that they tend to throw syrup in some unexpected places but it’s easy enough to avoid by asking. I do often forget to say no syrup when I order iced coffee, it’s so weird that the default is sweet.

DD is like some iced leftover coffee water and their iced lattes are basically a huge cup of milk. I do enjoy some of the offerings at independent coffee places but they tend to just offer cold brew as an iced choice and cold brew is just nasty to me.

I sometimes feel like I go to Starbucks too much as the people at my go-to drive thru know me by name and drink lol.

Last edited:
Never. I had an egg sandwich once when on the road and a muffin at CA Adventure a couple of times. I’m not an out and about coffee drinker.

To be fair I don’t buy drinks anywhere. I’m always armed with a HydroFlask or two when out. The exceptions are places like concerts or sporting events where you can’t bring something in (I’ll buy a bottle of water) and restaurants/bars where I’m having a cocktail. This is more of a waistline choice than a financial one.

Every once in a while when I’m in Target but really don’t you spend enough money at Target ??? Go in for one thing and an hour later your out a $100 so who needs to add an expensive coffee to it ? The other Starbucks is by Hobby Lobby (are you kidding me??) yeah that’s a hard NO my budget can’t afford that trip !! Haa haa
I will drink it on vacation - I found instant Starbucks (at Target) that taste great so I can make that in the room - then later in the day I’ll grab one - because Disney coffee is horrible so Starbucks - yes please !!
Edit - Iced Choc Coffee !!!

I selected other, but my true answer is Not Often - only on vacation. My sister and BIL like Starbucks so when I am visiting them we usually end up going at least once. I don’t drink coffee, but we are usually getting breakfast sandwiches so I get an orange juice or hot chocolate with it.

Not very often.

About 5 years ago, my mother got me a large Starbucks gift card for Christmas and said "Because I know you love Starbucks." (I was very surprised because I am not a coffee drinker and only go to Starbucks a few times per year, usually when someone else wants to go (And I usually get one of the frou-frou coffee drinks that are more like dessert than coffee). Later, my sister said, "I think she got us confused. *I'm* the one who loves Starbucks!" Five years later and I still have over half that gift card left.

My teenage daughter, on the other hand, LOVES Starbucks (I've treated her a few times with my giant gift card, but if you don't know what to get her as a gift, Starbucks money is always welcome.)

We went to Chicago last weekend and the Starbucks Roastery was near our hotel. The kids really wanted to go, so we did. That place is definitely for "coffee people." There wasn't a single frappucino or vanilla sweet cream cold brew on the menu. I was disappointed... but I bought an almond croissant, and it was delicious (and I bought it with my giant gift card.)

Last edited:
Holiday: Peppermint Mocha
Yesss - I only get starbucks on vacation - when we're in theme parks. It's so nice to relax, recharge after hitting the parks hard and people watch. In winter, I love the above, their cookies and cream or caramel concoctions.

And once a year on my birthday - 'cause it's free as a rewards member! :bday:

In day-to-day life? Never.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter