• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SATURDAY poll - Wrapping Christmas Presents

Christmas Wrapping - Do you prefer using gift bags or boxes with paper?

• Boxes with wrapping paper more than bags

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • Gift bags more than boxes with wrapping paper

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I use boxes with wrapping paper only

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I use gift bags only

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I have no preference - I use whatever is most convenient for the gift

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I have no preference - I use whatever is most convenient for me

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • I don’t do any wrapping - another person in my home does it

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I don’t do any wrapping and I don’t give gifts

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
Gift bags all the way, baby!!

If I'm feeling naughty, I'll just put the gift in a disposable non-opaque plastic store bag.

I despise elaborately wrapped gifts, with ribbons and bows and fancy gift tags and little curlicues and a fake poinsettia or holly attached. Many of the people who wrap that way get offended when the recipient just tears all that crap off, so why bother?

I do mostly wrapping with some gift bags for my three kids. Basically because it is more fun to unwrap a box…or at least they think so. For friends and other family members, I tend to use gift bags more.

Do you prefer wrapping presents in gift bags or in a box with wrapping paper?

For Me…..I‘m not a big lover of gift bags.
I like wrapping presents with paper, ribbons and bows.
Starting in October I save most boxes we get deliveries in, and I bring them home from work, so I have lots of different size boxes to choose from. We also have an insane amount of shirt boxes we’ve saved throughout the years. When Christmas is over, all the delivery boxes get thrown away and the shirt boxes go up in the attic (we do keep about 5 out of the attic for birthday gifts)

This is what I would have written, almost word for word. I LOVE wrapping presents and coordinating the paper with the ribbon, the bow, and even the gift tag. Ok, I just talked myself into taking today as a wrapping day 🥰

We have a ton of wrapping paper but I hate wrapping. Bags are easy to use and yet I hate when the recipient discards them (looking at you Dad!). Truth be told, I’d be happy to have the recipient take their gift out of the bag and give the bag back to me to reuse. LOL. Since I have a lot of wrapping paper, I tend to want to use that.
My grandmother was one to try and unwrap a gift gingerly to save the paper! LOL Opening gifts took forever.

I love to wrap. I'll use a gb if it's the best choice for the gift.

The funnest job I ever had was gift wrapping at an upscale department store. I was "taught" how to wrap. ( as in never, ever is a cut edge to be taped, all edges were to be folded first. ) I can make a pretty good looking bow out of ribbon strand too. At home though, its paper and a name tag, no bows, ever!

I have reusable cloth gift bags. Those are my first choice. LOVE them. Super easy.
The kids really like to unwrap paper though, so I still wrap theirs. And anything for my brother gets wrapped because I know he won't save the bag.

About 90% wrapped in boxes. It’s what I’ve always done and they’re easier to stack under the tree. I enjoy wrapping; I listen to Christmas music while doing it, to get in the spirit. Gave up on ribbon and bows years ago because my cat would eat it (same with tinsel on the tree). I’ll use a gift bag for something irregular in shape, or if don’t have the right size box.

My grandmother was one to try and unwrap a gift gingerly to save the paper! LOL Opening gifts took forever.
What a sweet memory. My grandmother was the same. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter