• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SUNDAY 7/10 poll - Cornhole

Cornhole - Do you play and are you any good at it? (M.c.)

• Yes - I play often

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Yes - I play sometimes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Yes - I play rarely

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • No - I don’t play anymore

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • No - I don’t play - never have

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • I’m pretty good at it

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I’m just ok at it

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • I’m not very good at it

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • What is Cornhole?

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you play Cornhole?
If yes….how good are you at this?
(multiple choice)

For Me……Yes, I enjoy playing, but I’m not very good at it.
DD18 and her BF love playing and they’ve gotten pretty good at it.
Sometimes when they drag the boards out my DH and I will play with them - it’s a lot of fun.

We have boards that we get out when we have a gathering, but I never play- busy visiting and hosting!

I've played a couple of times at cookouts, but don't even remember the exact rules now. I think I was OK at it at the time.

We don’t own boards. I have played a few times at events but I’m not very good. For yard games, I prefer bocce ball.

Follow-up question: Do you call it Cornhole, or do you call it something else?

I grew up in the Chicago area, but for most of my adult life I've lived elsewhere. At a recent party at my sister's house, I said something about the cousins in the yard playing Cornhole. She was unfamiliar with the name. Her family calls it Bags, or more generically, bag toss. So I started asking around what other folks (all Chicago suburbanites) call the game. Do you call it Cornhole? Have you ever even heard the name Cornhole? Etc. Eventually my sister turned to me and pleaded, "Please stop saying Cornhole." :rotfl2:

We play a few times a year—usually when tailgating, graduation parties and my neighbor does a cornhole “tournament” during our annual block party.

I am better than okay, worse than good. One of my DD’s often wins the cornhole tournament. It’s for adults only, but once the kids are 16 they are allowed to enter. There’s an entry fee and partners are picked randomly.

We call it cornhole. I’ve also heard it called baggo or bag toss.

Never played but I did enjoy a Grandfather and grandson playing at Old Key West in May - I saw the grandson later and inquired who won ? Grandad - he always does ! It was very sweet they clearly have an awesome relationship - most enjoyable watching them play ! 😎❤️

I have played but I don't play regularly. Maybe itf it's around, but usually it is ignored. I do believe that it is unfortunately named.

Never played. Only even heard of it a few years ago. No earthly idea why is has become popular.

I think I played it once at a grammar school end of year picnic, and that was a very long time ago. Do not play now.

Follow-up question: Do you call it Cornhole, or do you call it something else?

I grew up in the Chicago area, but for most of my adult life I've lived elsewhere. At a recent party at my sister's house, I said something about the cousins in the yard playing Cornhole. She was unfamiliar with the name. Her family calls it Bags, or more generically, bag toss. So I started asking around what other folks (all Chicago suburbanites) call the game. Do you call it Cornhole? Have you ever even heard the name Cornhole? Etc. Eventually my sister turned to me and pleaded, "Please stop saying Cornhole." :rotfl2:
Wisconsin girl here, so maybe it’s a Midwest thing, we call it bags too. Just sounds better!

I don't think I ever played.
DH made DGD a board and I made the beanbags for it. Not sure if they ever play it or even if they have it anymore.

Never played. Only even heard of it a few years ago. No earthly idea why is has become popular.
It was incredibly popular 10-15+ years ago even, when I was in college. Maybe it's a regional thing, but it's definitely not a newly popular thing around here.

I've heard of it but I don't think I've ever actually seen it anywhere. I know I've never played it. I'd happily give it a go though.

Its literally bean bag toss, lol. But I am godly at cornhole, me and my cousin used to run the table all the time at family gatherings and nobody wanted to play us cause they kept losing lol.

It's a fun yard game for tailgating and outdoor gatherings.

As a kid, the men in our family played horseshoes at such events.

Outdoor yard games are not new.

The condo we stayed at last summer at the beach had them set up near the pool. We played a bit but I really sucked at it.

It's popular where I live but we don't own boards or really play. If they are out at something like a festival, we may give it a try. I'm actually pretty good at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter