• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s THURSDAY 11/10 poll - Green Tea

Green Tea - Do you drink it hot or cold and how often? (M.C.)

• I drink it hot

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • I drink it cold

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • I drink it both ways

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I don’t drink it

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I drink it very often

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I drink it often

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I drink it just once in awhile

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • I drink it rarely

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • I’ve never had green tea hot or cold

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
:thumbsup2 I do enjoy jasmine tea with a meal at Asian restaurants. Beyond that though, I don’t really like the taste of regular green tea and I find it oddly stimulating - much more so than caffeine, to which I am acclimated. I’ll drink it if it’s the only thing on offer but would never buy or brew it for myself.
Green tea can have just as much caffeine as a cup of coffee but it really depends on the type. The powdered types has a ridiculous amount of caffeine. I can get that the taste of regular green tea is off-putting to some people. I prefer Jasmine but I drink regular a lot too.

Don't care for any kind of tea. They all have an odd bitter taste to me that I don't find appealing. Suposedly some are better for you then others, but I prefer to drink things where I enjoy the taste.

I drink iced tea often, including green tea. Rarely have hot tea, and never coffee (can’t stand it). Panera’s passion fruit papaya iced green tea is delicious.

I drink it warm, but sometimes I get a keto green tea mix that I drink cold.
Some green teas' tastes will vary with brand. I have Traditional Medicinals and Litpon's matcha green tea with ginger.
I like the taste of all these, though I mainly drink these for the health benefits.

I drink green tea all the time. I LOVE green tea. Hot jasmine tea is my favorite but I also drink it cold. A Korean supermarket near me sells bottles of cold Jasmine tea that I buy all the time.
I’m going to have to give this a try.
Is it caffeinated?
Does it come decaffeinated?
I try to not have any caffeine after 12:00/noon.

I’m going to have to give this a try.
Is it caffeinated?
Does it come decaffeinated?
I try to not have any caffeine after 12:00/noon.
It really depends on the type of tea/leaves that you have. On average green tea is in the 20-60 mg range. The cold Jasmine tea brand I have is around 50-60 mg according to the label. The hot tea leaves I have do not say on the packaging how much caffeine they have. In comparison a cup of coffee can start at around 75-80 mg.

Reactions: slo

Don't care for any kind of tea. They all have an odd bitter taste to me that I don't find appealing. Suposedly some are better for you then others, but I prefer to drink things where I enjoy the taste.
Tea can get very bitter if it's oversteeped. Some types are more bitter than others, too. White tea is good for avoiding bitterness.

GREEN TEA BRANDY SLUSH

7 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups boiling water
4 bags green tea
12 oz lemonade concentrate
12 oz orange juice concentrate
2 1/2 cups brandy

Boil water and sugar. Cool
Place tea bags in the 2 cups boiling water for 10 min.
Remove tea bags and mix cooled tea with the rest of ingredients
Freeze
Serve 1/4 cup slush with 6oz of white soda. We like 50/50 but it can be hard to find. Brandy amount can be adjusted to your taste. It does not freeze solid due to alcohol.

I can see someone drinking green tea brandy slushes throughout the days while swearing to their concerned family that "No really, it's for health purposes, the Chinese have been doing it for centuries *hic*".

I had to vote Other. While I like green tea, since having my gallbladder out any sort of caffeine makes me "go" 5-6 times a day when I have something with it in it. I don't like decaf.

I’ve had green tea twice. Both times, I became nauseated and felt as if I was going to pass out. The second time, I came very close to actually fainting and realized the first time had not been a fluke. Green tea doesn’t like me and I’ll never drink it again.

I have matcha, regular green tea in bags, and some iced tea blends on hand. I don't really like matcha all that much. It reminds me too much of an excrutiating tea ceremony class I took when I was 18, where I had to sit with my legs under me on the floor for 2 hours straight. Even though I was young and skinny at the time, they'd go numb. I bought the matcha on some foolish health kick that didn't last.

I only sort of like hot green tea--I keep it for DS24 in case he visits. I love love love unsweetened ice green tea, though, especially blends. My favorite blends are pineapple green tea and mediterranean mint teas from Smith Teamaker. I also like white tea a lot, both hot and iced, but boy is it expensive!

I prefer a spiced black tea, like the Twinings or Tazo Chai, or if it’s late in the day I will drink peppermint tea. Either one can be hot or cold, as ambient temperatures require.

The only time I drink green tea is when I dine in a Chinese restaurant, and there it is usually hot.

I wish I liked green tea because of the health benefits, but I just don't. I love almost every other type of tea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter