slo’s THURSDAY 11/30 poll - Tupperware

Tupperware - Do you have any, what do you have, have you been to a party or host a party? (m.c.)

• I have Tupperware at home

Votes: 48 53.9%
  • I do not have Tupperware at home

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • I have FOOD STORAGE items

Votes: 48 53.9%
  • I have KITCHEN items

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I have TABLE items

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • I have been to a Tupperware party

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • I have hosted a Tupperware party

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • I currently sell Tupperware

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have sold Tupperware in the past

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
I don't think we have any Tupperware brand storage - at least not that I can think of offhand.

I don’t own any tupperware, but my Aunts that do still use it from the 80’s it was an amazing product. When I was young in the early 80’s, I went to a party (dragged 😂). I was bored out of my mind, but now wish I had some of that original Tupperware. Kind of like the original PYREX, and not the newer pyrex (uppercase vs lowercase matters😕)

I have a lot of Tupperware. A whole set of bowls with lids, salt & pepper shakers, a butter dish, small plastic drinking cups and flour/sugar canisters that were my Mothers and are probably 40 years old.

I don’t recall ever attending a Tupperware party.

I have both Tupperware and other brands. My favorite storage containers are the little midgets:
IMG_2607.jpeg

and the Fridgesmart veggie keepers:
IMG_2608.jpeg

My favorite of the kitchen gadgets is probably an orange peeler that I think was a prize for answering a question at a party -
IMG_2609.jpeg

I attended several of them many years ago (both as a kid with my mom and in my 20s when the trend went through my office). I think I hosted one of them.

I still remember some of the pieces my mom and her friends had. :goodvibes

Last edited:
I opted for restaurant takeout pint and quart containers. Easy to purchase from Amazon, all have the same size lids, and I no longer care if they don’t come back or “mysteriously” disappear ( I KNOW it was you, Aunt Elvie 🤣).
Intrigued about the same size lids as that drives me absolutely nuts.

What brand from Amazon?

My mom has several Tupperware brand pieces, but I have none. She had a friend that sold it and I recall her hosting a party at our house. So, we weren't really the host even though our house hosted. I remember attending and I liked all of the colors, but I think my kid mind at the time was thinking more about building with the pieces...like big plastic blocks.

Back in the day I had a lot of tupperware and went to parties. Now, I don't own any and haven't been to a party in over 30 years. I use just plain ole grocery store containers. We do have a food saver that we use to freeze meat and I have a few pampered chef small glass storage bowls and microwave items.

I have Tupperware. DH brought 80s era cups, pitchers and other small items to the marriage. More recently I bought a box of classic style storage containers. It's good stuff.

I just have generic or lesser-known brand containers. I also use leftover take-out containers that are sturdy. It makes me feel better than taking to our recycling center.

Pretty sure we have some OG Tupperware here, along with a motley assortment of Glad/Rubbermaid/etc. I have never attended a party, pretty sure DW hasn't either. I think my mother may have back in the day.

I used to have quite a bit of Tupperware that I picked up at yard sales and things when I was first setting up house, but have gotten rid of most of it over the years and mostly just have Rubbermaid stuff now. I do have my Grandma's avocado green Tupperware measuring cups.

I have plenty of the Rubbermaid clear plastic bowls with red lids at home. They're sturdy, stackable, and have a vent so you can leave the lid on when microwaving your food.

There are still some old Tupperware pieces around. Most go unused or only see occasional use. Other brands and types of containers are more commonly used now for daily storage needs.

My wife purchased Tupperware when she moved out from her mom's house 43 years ago, So I married into a Tupperware kitchen. Storage containers, salt and pepper containers, measuring cups, popsicle molds, and utensils.
She is a fan of estate sales and has purchased several additional Tupperware storage containers there.
One of the hosts of a local morning TV show, who is under 30, did not realize Tupperware was a brand name. He thought it was a generic name for any plastic storage container, including old margarine tubs, and other similar containers that found you buy comes in.

Hmmm, no. I think I avoided it because I tend to store a lot of tomato based things, stew, sauces and all and from what I remember my grandmother forbade tomato anything in her Tupperware so I just didn't get any. That was a long time ago though, maybe it is improved in some way?

My high school best friend's mom sold a lot of Tupperware, had parties all the time, recruiting everyone she came across to host parties, and had a garage full of items always to be delivered. I was even recruited to host a party once, being told I would get certain gifts for hosting. Only, the best friend kept the gifts instead saying I was mistaken on what the hosting gifts were. :mad:

Even back then, I was never a fan of people using their friends and non-work acquaintances as ATM machines for income, putting them in the awkward situation of having to decline to attend these types of parties, or if attending, feeling the need to then have to buy something. :scared: Tupperware, even back then was always a bit overpriced, purposely to pay the host money.

Last edited:
:teacher: PSA: If you have really old Tupperware, made before 2010, you should Google to see if it's an item that may leach BPA and other plastic chemicals into your stored foods. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter