slo’s THURSDAY 11/9 poll - Cooking 🧑‍🍳

Cooking - Do you cook meals at home & how many days a week do you cook? (m.c.)

• I cook meals at home

Votes: 95 85.6%
  • I do not cook meals at home

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I cook one day a week

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I cook two days a week

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I cook three days a week

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I cook four days a week

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I cook five days a week

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • I cook six days a week

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I cook seven days a week

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
We cook 4-5 days a week on average. We do get a meal prep service (SunBasket), so that's 3 days. I tend to get lazy on Friday/Saturday, but do try to do a crockpot something on Saturday morning to avoid food delivery (we've gotten lazy about going out as well...).

I cook most meals in our family. We probably eat dinner at home 5-6 days a week, on average. We usually eat out one or two days, usually weekends. Breakfast and lunch are usually at home too, lunch is often leftovers, especially now that it’s just the two of us at home right now.

I cook at least one day a week (Sunday breakfast). We usually go over my parents' house for a few hours in the evening and have dinner there. Sometimes my sister or I will cook something and bring it, but most of the time my mom cooks or we get a pizza or something.

My problem lately is I am bored of everything. I am lacking inspiration on what to make for dinner tonight which means it will probably be a quick pizza/flatbread or pasta.
Wow, yeah - so bored with routine meal planning. :( 3:30 in the afternoon is the worst part of my day, trying to decide what to make and where to stop and shop on my way home from work. I’ve never developed the habit of planning or shopping for days/weeks at a time. We have tried meal services and done not too badly, so I know that’s always an option.

I do all the cooking and always have. Supper only, unless it’s a special occasion. I cook at least 4 nights a week, try to limit take out to 1 night a week (but I’m so bored with all that too) and one or two nights we “scrounge”. I usually have cereal and DH & DS have whatever they wrangle up for themselves. We eat out a few times a month but not on any kind of regular schedule.

I enjoy cooking. For me it’s an easy exploration of the world, near and far.
As a concession to DGD, we ordered takeout two or three times a month. We cooked/learned the rest of the time which was occasionally a chore for her.
Now she’s living overseas and thankful for the things she learned and wishes she paid more attention. Yeah but ain’t that the way it always goes? LOL

I cook everyday , I am not a great cook. Pretty basic, meat , starch vegetable. That is how I was brought up. I feel sorry for my husband his mom was a great cook.

Always sat at the table too. Now that we are empty nesters we might have cereal for dinner if we can’t decide or aren’t that hungry.

We do eat out but even that has become a chore to decide where to go sometimes.

I never cooked - my husband did. I’m a widow now so any cooking falls to me. I cook once or twice a week and just sort of eat off of it all week. Usually just brown some meat with onions and taco seasoning or make a big pot of sauce…nothing elaborate.

I chose 3X/week. But the term cook is loosely defined. And with the Publix mobile app to order subs, it really has "eaten" into my home cooking schedule.

I cook everyday , I am not a great cook. Pretty basic, meat , starch vegetable. That is how I was brought up. I feel sorry for my husband his mom was a great cook.

Always sat at the table too. Now that we are empty nesters we might have cereal for dinner if we can’t decide or aren’t that hungry.

We do eat out but even that has become a chore to decide where to go sometimes.
::yes:: Right?!? And for two, with a glass of wine, the average bill approaches $100 practically anywhere, which rarely leaves us feeling satisfied with the value. {{sigh}} Maybe just time to give up meals altogether and become full-time grazers. :laughing:

Reactions: NAB
I don't like to cook, I can but don't like it. Sometimes I cook, sometimes hubby does. My problem is hubby doesn't eat vegetables very often and loves fried food. I don't eat fried food, prefer veggies and if I eat meat more often than not it's chicken. The things he would eat that I would cook would be things like spaghetti. Even on that we have issues. I cook it with mushrooms, onions and celery. He fries hamburger and empties a jar of Ragu in it. If he thinks an onion has touched his food he won't eat it. So, he cooks the spaghetti. We tend to eat at the same time but rarely the same thing unless he grills something. So, I have to cook even though I hate it. We get take out maybe once every two weeks. Even that has had to slow down because I had major surgery in June and about 4 months leading up to it was unable to work out and had a very slow recovery so no working out. I gained more weight then I'm comfortable with so I'm eating very low fat, low carb, low sugar right now. Not much take out except salads that you can get.

Marie cooks maybe half to two thirds of meals, pick up or restaurant for the others.

My DH does the cooking. It is only 3 of us so what he makes for dinner lasts a few days. We have been really bad and a few nights carry in. They have food allergies so we mostly alternate between a lot of the same dishes which gets tiring so are starting to look over cookbooks to see if there are recipes we can alter to add some new things into the rotation.

We cook 7 days a week. Maybe eat out once or twice a month. Husband does a good chunk of the cooking.
Still planning on going through your menu plans Slo! Haven't had time yet.

Every friggin' day and I don't enjoy it. I would be happy with crackers and cheese but my 91 year old mother expects something cooked. As soon as I get done with one meal she's asking me what I'm making for the next one!

We do cook and we really enjoy it, but our schedule is too hectic and inconsistent for me to commit to a number of times per week. Our weekends are also usually full, meaning no time for meal prep. As it is, I rely heavily on grocery pickup and have to schedule Costco time. Even when we are crazy busy, I try to avoid a lot of the pre-packaged processed stuff my husband buys from Costco, but I also don't think what I've thrown together the last few nights qualifies as "cooking." Two nights in a row, I had late night eggs with turkey sausage and diced potatoes. Then last night, I put together a garbanzo bean salad with olives, tomato, pepitas, sunflower seeds, some fresh herbs and balsamic. I will say that if time is tight, appliances like the InstaPot make some cooking more achievable with our limited time.

I do not particularly enjoy cooking, but I am a decent cook. I cook my meals every day because eating out has gotten so expensive. The only time I eat out is when I am on vacation.

I cook most nights, but it varies with whatever is going on that week. We don’t eat out very often, but do get take out (pizza, Chinese, Chipotle) a few times a month, more often when my older kids are home or when youngest DD is in her school season for her sport. DH and I often have dinner leftovers for lunch and probably have leftovers for dinner once or twice a week or do something easy like grilled cheese or eggs.

I enjoy cooking as far as trying new recipes, making soup in batches, preparing a nice meal on a weekend or prepping something for a party/tailgate. Getting dinner on the table pretty much every day forever is just another PITA chore though. Huge difference.

I’ve been cooking pretty much 7 days a week for over 42 years now and I’m sick of it. Not to mention I’ve never had a dishwasher either. My husband’s idea of fixing dinner for me is throwing something on the grill but I still have to do the sides, clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes. 🙄 He eats and falls asleep 🙄 I would love to have somebody do everything for me and “magically” dinner just appears in front of me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter