slo’s THURSDAY 2/29 poll - COVID 😷

COVID - Have you had it and how many times? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve had COVID

Votes: 103 64.8%
  • No - I’ve not had COVID, but I think I did

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • No - I’ve not had COVID and I never felt like I did

Votes: 37 23.3%
  • One time

Votes: 72 45.3%
  • Two times

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • Three times

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Four times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five or more times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
Answered "no but I think I did" because I have still never taken a COVID test and never will. I got it Christmas 2023 which was lousy timing, but was only really sick for 2 days, and lost my sense of smell for a week. I had been doing regular annual booster shots but did not in '23 because I had a scheduling conflict the day I was going to get the shot. The rest of my family did get the shot and we all got equally sick, so draw your own conclusions on that.

I "officially" got it after Christmas, but I'm pretty sure I had it right before the shutdown(before there were actual tests for it) I was really sick for about two weeks and tested negative for the flu and strep
Worst case of COVID my family had was DW who had a really bad illness they could not diagnose - in December 2019. We called it the Long Beach plague because we know lots of people that had it. That goes against the narrative that the whole thing started in late winter 2020 but there it is.

Had it once (that I know of). Caught it from dh last November. Dh caught it from work where a few people in his office had it. My dd had it twice in the past and I didn’t catch it from her so I thought maybe I’d never get it. So far ds still hadn’t caught it so he’s doing pretty good with avoiding it.

As far as I know, I only had it once - last November, after a (non-Disney) trip to Florida. We're pretty sure DS caught it on the trip home and I got it from him, since I was a couple of days behind in symptoms. We used home tests.

Both cases were thankfully fairly mild, like a bad cold. DH had not gone with us, but started to feel sick just before us. - He tested negative (at the doctor's office) for covid, but positive for bronchitis, and he was the sickest of all of us.

I had it once in the fall of 2022. My son had it first, assuming from high school. My worst symptoms were a horrible headache and sore throat. My husband didn’t test positive then, but came down with it the day after Christmas that year. Our college daughter who works in a hospital and as a waitress, so has the most exposure of the four of us, never had Covid.

We have a family cruise planned this May, and I hope we don’t all get sick afterward. We’re all vaccinated and boosted, so hoping for the best! 🤞🤞🤞

@slo , I do wish your husband a speedy recovery and I hope you stay healthy!

• Love
Reactions: slo
I had covid in December 2020 and was off work for 7 weeks. It was horrible. Got it a second time in June 2022 after traveling to CA but was only off work for 7 days. And just had CV a third time this month after a cruise. Off work for 3 weeks bc I got pneumonia too.

The rest of my family did get the shot and we all got equally sick, so draw your own conclusions on that.
I woukd conclude that your and ykur family's experience was quite normal and happens quite often.
n December 2019. We called it the Long Beach plague because we know lots of people that had it. That goes against the narrative that the whole thing started in late winter 2020 but there it is.
The narrative is that the virus was most likely in worldwide circulation by December 2019, with US origins originating on west coast and New York. By winter of 2020,many were sick, many were dying. Vaccines came out in December 2020 and helped put the brakes on both acquisition of the virus as well as severity in most cases.

I have not had it yet (knocking on wood). My sister had it once, and my BIL had it twice, one of those times I was around him briefly right before his diagnosis but did not get sick.

I hope your husband recovers quickly and that you remain healthy. :grouphug:

Once. Fall 2021. It was our first school year without masks (previous year masks were mandated) and I got it within 3-4 weeks. We had tried to be very careful since DH was high-risk with his heart issues. We all ended up with it and I had the toughest time of everybody (even the vaccines/boosters affected me). DH sailed right through it with few symptoms. We've been lucky since then, but we have avoided crowded places as much as possible. (That and kept Lysol in business with spraying down my classroom.)

Hope your DH feels better soon!

• Love
Twice that I know for sure, and maybe once more. Slo, I hope your DH get well soon!

In February of 2020 I got really sick, was ill for a couple of weeks with what I thought was the flu or some other nasty bug. I didn't get any better so I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with an 'unknown respiratory virus.' That was right before the shutdown in March. I think it was probably Covid, but who knows.

In July (I think) of 2020, I got a very severe case. I actually posted on here when I could the entire time I was ill. At one point my fever went to 104 and I had absolutely no energy at all. My bathroom is maybe a foot outside of my bedroom door and I had to rest on the floor of it after getting myself to it. It was awful. I still have issues with an irregular heartbeat.

And last year I had a mild case that I didn't even realize I had until my Godson got sick and tested positive. I had thought it was a cold but when I tested I came up positive, too.

I've had 5 shots. I don't know if that was why I had such a mild case or not.

• Love
I had it twice. 1st time in 2020 (I call it "Original recipe" LOL) Then I got my vax and booster and was able to avoid it even through various outbreaks at work (I'm a nurse at a nursing home) until this past January.

I woukd conclude that your and ykur family's experience was quite normal and happens quite often.

The narrative is that the virus was most likely in worldwide circulation by December 2019, with US origins originating on west coast and New York. By winter of 2020,many were sick, many were dying. Vaccines came out in December 2020 and helped put the brakes on both acquisition of the virus as well as severity in most cases.
Your interpretation and you are welcome to it. We were told a lot of things - I'll leave it at that.

the whole family got it last summer after a trip to FL. My dd had it about a year before that but never spread it to us, we kept her pretty isolated. Not sure how many times we had it before that. There have been many times when we had what we thought was a mild cold or stuffy nose, but it could have been covid.

I tested a bunch of times when I was sick last year but it was always negative, then on a whim I did one more test and it was positive, so there could have been times in the past where we tested negative but really had it. It's hard to know for sure since many are asymptomatic.

Many prayers for your DH dear Slo! I am so sorry to read this, my friend. You please take good care, too! I am so thankful to God that neither dad nor I have officially had Covid. Just before the pandemic started, in January 2020, I had a bad cold for a good two weeks that seemed to linger a little longer than usual. Shortly afterwards, my poor dad caught the same bug from me and then also got Shingles! His own cold seemed to hang on longer as well. It is possible we both had early Covid to some degree just didn't know it. I pray we never will for real. Healthy prayers to all with a hug.

• Love
Fortunately I’ve never had it but my healthcare worker family members have had it multiple times. We don’t live together, just in the same zip code.

Had it 3 times. Early Jan 2022, after being in Disney Springs sometime around New Years Eve when it was packed there.

Then early Sept 2022, again after being in Disney, either F&W or DS.

Then mid Oct 2023, after a cruise. Started feeling sick on the last night. Had a connecting cabin, was assigned as a guarantee (I wouldn't have picked a connecting) and the man next to us was in his cabin all the time the first several days and was horribly hacking. So I assume he maybe had it.

Has been easier (less sick) with each time. Hopefully we are building antibodies up. Also have had 3 vaccines (2 original and 1 booster). Not been keen to get another booster. But maybe end of this summer I will.

@slo, hoping your DH recovers quickly and you don't get it. And have fun at Disney in 10 days.

• Love

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter