slo’s THURSDAY 6/15 poll - Which Door?

Which door do you enter your home through?

• Front door

Votes: 51 43.6%
  • Back door

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • Garage door (one that connects the house to the garage)

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • Another door

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • All the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use one door only

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • I use two doors

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I use three doors

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Front door since we don’t park in the garage. No need to open the big door to go in the house. We do have a door, garage to house though .

Usually the garage which enters into the kitchen. Occasionally the front door if I’m headed out for yard work, relaxing or dog walking, but even then more likely to use the garage. Our back door just goes to the deck although we have two back doors from the basement which I use when I am taking care of the pool.

(Townhouse) we do not have a back door. Front door only, and integral garage in the back. Since most of the time I go out I am walking, I use the front door. If I drove somewhere, then I park in the garage and go in from there.

If we have been out in a vehicle, usually through the attached garage door into the kitchen. Usually if we are leaving or taking the dog out or just going outside it's the back door in the kitchen (yes we have two doors in our kitchen). The only time I go in or out the front door is if the dog has been looking out the window upstairs and comes down and tells us she absolutely has to go out and chase the cat she thinks she might have seen in the front. Hubby goes in and out the downstairs basement door when he is doing lawn work since the lawnmower is stored down there.

Front door most of the time. if the garage is open or the car is in there we will use the door from the garage into the mud room.

I voted other, because if I'm coming home from normal daily stuff, I usually use the side door (which enters to the kitchen). There's a short walkway from the driveway to this door, and it's the most convenient.

I occasionally use the front door if I'm bringing in lot of heavy bags in or something, if it makes sense to take them all from the car to the porch, then from the porch into the hall.

I do use the back slider (family room to deck) to go out to the grill, pool, etc. - but in that case, I'm exiting the house and coming back in, not arriving home from somewhere else.

Depends which car I was driving. If it is one of the two in the garage, we enter through the door from the garage to the kitchen. If it is the car in the driveway, or we are coming back from a walk, the front door.
My house doesn't have a back door, just two sliding glass doors, one in the family room, one in the master bathroom, but neither has a key lock on it so you can't get in that way.
I guess back doors are out of fashion these days. My parents house had a sliding glass door in the family room, and living room, and a back door. I sold it 9 years ago and the buyer remodeled and took out the back door!

My apartment only has one entrance (both to get into the building and to get into my individual apartment), so I guess I use the front door

Our front door used to be the garage before we built the big one. Now it is "the lab" where I work. Got an extra wide door because all our shipping and receiving goes through it.
20160718_1808061_zps6xm2nzls.jpg

Attached garage door. Unless a friend is dropping me off or I'm out walking then I go in the front door.

If we're going in the same car as someone, like when the in-laws pick us up to go get food or something instead of meeting there we go out and back in through the front door only rarely using the garage.

The vast majority of the time we go through the garage because we are parking our cars in the garage and just enter through there.

When I lived at my mom's and parked on the street it seemed more 50/50 on whether I would go through the garage or go through the front door.

I guess back doors are out of fashion these days. My parents house had a sliding glass door in the family room, and living room, and a back door. I sold it 9 years ago and the buyer remodeled and took out the back door!
99% of the homes I've been in the backdoor goes to the backyard and so there's zero reason to go in and out of it. People don't tend to leave their house out the backyard around the side of their house to the front of it as a norm. Not unless you're talking about a bedroom/living space there.

The only exception I've seen is when a door is built into the garage to give entry in and out of it to the outside but commonly those are located on the side of the garage rather than the back (at least in my area seems more common to do side rather than back).

99% of the homes I've been in the backdoor goes to the backyard and so there's zero reason to go in and out of it. People don't tend to leave their house out the backyard around the side of their house to the front of it as a norm. Not unless you're talking about a bedroom/living space there.

The only exception I've seen is when a door is built into the garage to give entry in and out of it to the outside but commonly those are located on the side of the garage rather than the back (at least in my area seems more common to do side rather than back).
At my house and my parents' house, the garage/driveway goes to the side of the house. It's actually closer to go to the back door than the front door from the driveway.
My house doesn't have any sort of path to the front door, either. You just have to walk on the grass for like 20ft. It's pretty strange and is why we almost never use the front door. For the back door you go from the driveway to a small brick patio, then up 2 steps to the covered porch where the slider is.

My mom worked graveyard shift for many years and she normally went out the back door to the back door of the garage. No door directly from the house to the garage. She would get in her car in the garage, and only when locked in the car in the garage would she open the big garage door. But the back door was built to be used, it had it's own door bell with a unique ring. We used to get milk delivered in the 1960's and they delivered to the back door and rang the bell.
My house has a side garage door that we never use, I have it blocked off for security reasons. And we have a door from the garage right into the kitchen that we use frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter