slo’s THURSDAY 8/17 poll - Hot Sauce 🌶️

Hot Sauce - What’s your opinion of hot sauce?

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I sorta like it 👍🏻

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • I hate it 😣🙁👎🏻

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • I don’t know - I’ve never tried hot sauce

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I can’t have hot sauce

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I like it but don't use it often. The hottest thing I eat would be wasabi or hot mustard from a Chinese restaurant, but just a small amount will suffice.

The hottest I eat is something like a mild taco sauce. I have never enjoyed spicy food.

I don’t care for it and have never had it in my home. When I eat out, I avoid very spicy foods due to digestive issues.

It really depends. IF it's Tex-Mex or Mexican and it needs some more kick, I go with Cholula. If it's Cajun or I just want a little heat in general, I go with Crystal. In fact, Crystal is my favorite. Back in college, I used to like to add some Tobasco to my V8, but something changed and now even the mere whiff of the stuff turns my stomach. I'm not necessarily a must have heat kind of person and often gravitate towards more mild things, but there are times when some things are just too bland and need some kick. I grew up in NJ but have lived in TX for over 26 years. I've found that "mild" in TX is much spicier than anything I used to have in NJ, so I guess my heat tolerances have also shifted over the years.

I find a lot of hot sauce is just "hot" without any flavor

EXACTLY! In my experience, hot is a sensation not a flavor. I can't stand it. It's more annoying to me than anything else. I just want to taste the flavors of the food without all the heat.

I do like curries, Thai dishes and Chinese dishes without all the heat and always order them as mild as possible or with no heat. I haven't had enough Mexican food to talk about them.

I have no issue with restaurants that have hot sauce on the table. But I have had more than one restaurant meal ruined because it had hot sauce included in the kitchen. Once the sauce is in the food, it's too late.
One dish I really don't understand is Diablo Shrimp. I find the delicate taste of shrimp wonderful, but once you put hot sauce on it, it's just a serving of hot sauce.

EXACTLY! In my experience, hot is a sensation not a flavor. I can't stand it. It's more annoying to me than anything else. I just want to taste the flavors of the food without all the heat.

I do like curries, Thai dishes and Chinese dishes without all the heat and always order them as mild as possible or with no heat. I haven't had enough Mexican food to talk about them.
I was referring to those sauces that claim to be 9 million on the Scoville scale and are made with a combination of the hottest peppers to exist. I don't find eating that stuff to be enjoyable. At that point it's just heat and no flavor.

Cuisine like Thai, Indian and Mexican are fantastic for tasting food that has heat but you can also taste the combination of peppers and spices. Lately I've been buying Gochujang (Korean chili paste) and using that in receipes - yum!

The hotter the better! (Although the hottest "Thai Spice" almost did me in - but in a good way!)

I've been using Tabasco all my life. I am partial to it because it is produced in South Louisiana and I am originally from New Orleans. I always remember a bottle being on every table since I was little.

I like hot sauce. I've always liked spicy food so long as it has flavor. If it just hurts, I don't care for it. We always have a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce in the fridge. I remember once years ago my uncle brought home a sauce called 'Butt Buster.' It just hurt so much I couldn't eat more than a couple of wings. That's no fun.

I like it, but only on certain things. (For example, I love Buffalo chicken, but don't know how DS puts it on his egg sandwiches.)

Reactions: GAN
Oh yes, hot sauces, especially Tabasco, is available at all times. Also cook with a variety of hot peppers. I'm a south Louisiana girl and it has always been a way of life - best food ever :D Grew up about 50 miles from Avery Island where Tabasco is made - yum! No bland food in our kitchen!

Enjoyed it decades ago but now my body does not tolerate the hot stuff.

I love it, and normally the hotter the better up to a point (some of the hotter Dave's Insanity Sauces and the like get a little carried away if not used sparingly). I once burned my eyes because I had the pepper oil on my fingers and didn't realize it, later rubbed my eyes...ouch!

r.e. bold -- I have a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce in the fridge that a coworker gave DW in 1995. STILL 1/2 FULL and hotter than lava.

In general, I don't like heat.

But I do use a few drops of Tabasco or Louisiana hot sauce in gumbo, red beans, turnip/collard greens for flavor and keep it on hand for those dishes.

I like it on stuff sometimes. A little bit on scrambled eggs and/or hashbrowns... good stuff!
Personally, hot spice is a NO for me; I've just never developed a taste for it and anything too hot, I just find unplesant. DS once asked me to put some Frank's Red Hot in his eggs as I was scrambling them. The fumes alone burned my eyes and nose; you couldn't have paid me to eat it. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter