• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s THURSDAY poll - Booster Shot

Booster Shot - Have you received one yet?

• Yes

Votes: 130 66.0%
  • No - I’ll wait until 2022

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • No - I’m going sometime this month

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • No - I’m going today too

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • No - I just got shot #2

• No - I just got shot #1

• No - I have not received any vaccine

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I’m supposed to get a booster shot?

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
I got mine as soon as I was eligible. I personally felt that it was silly for me not to get the booster when I had received the first two shots. However, I did not have much in the way of side effects from any of the shots. If I had, it might have impacted my decision.

I was a little under the weather for a day after each of my first two Pfizer shots. The booster -- nothing at all. It was a nonevent.
I'm in the camp that will keep on getting boosters whenever they tell me to -- just like the flu shot. I just can't keep thinking about covid all the time. Have shot - will travel.

DH is getting his today and I am scheduled for tomorrow. Two friends both had much stronger reactions to the boosters so I've been dreading it. The stories of mild reactions here is helping. I was just tired after the first two so hoping for the same.

I'll say other than a sore arm with the first two shots, I had no side effects at all. With the booster, I had the sore arm with a mild headache for about 24-hours ...also had some mild nausea but I can't say that was from the shot for sure. All 3 were Pfizer.

I don’t get why some here would refuse to get a booster if they have already had their two regular vaccines.
Well part of that is just not knowing if your body needs it. I know that included me. I knew I would eventually get the booster but I have mentioned on other threads I didn't know if my body needed it. You see the waning immunity is based off of samples of people. Since not everyone has the same immune system you wouldn't know if you yourself didn't have the main antibodies. I was eligible before my husband was under CDC guidelines. We both got our boosters at 7 1/2 months (thereabouts) from our 2nd dose. Who knows if we did or didn't have antibody protection for that time period between 6 months and when we got our booster.

The other part is side effects. I was not wanting to have to go through what I did with dose #2. For some people this stuff really knocks them out, it's hard on their bodies.

I would still advocate everyone get a booster at some point if they could, I would advocate the heck out of someone completing their initial series but I do understand why someone may be iffy about it even though they completed their initial series.

Reactions: GAN

I went last Monday. Older DD wants to get hers but can’t find any available. If/when they are approved/recommended I will get the younger kids boosters as well. I’m approaching this like I would the flu shot.

Older DD wants to get hers but can’t find any available.
Are any of the places doing walk-ins?

There's a lot of places doing them now. We got our initial series as part of a weekly mass clinic through a hospital but they aren't doing boosters this way. But many other places are from Walmart to CVS to Walgreens, etc. At least online Walmart wasn't doing appointments but rather walk-ins. Not sure if that's still the case.

I do know something that has been happening in my area is pharmacy staff shortages causes places to cancel their appointments when they don't have staff to administer the shot and at times (but doesn't seem to be a wide-spread issue) not getting in their supply at that time.

We did our flu shot as a walk up in a CVS in a Target, we did our booster as an appointment in a CVS near our house.

Are any of the places doing walk-ins?

There's a lot of places doing them now. We got our initial series as part of a weekly mass clinic through a hospital but they aren't doing boosters this way. But many other places are from Walmart to CVS to Walgreens, etc. At least online Walmart wasn't doing appointments but rather walk-ins. Not sure if that's still the case.

I do know something that has been happening in my area is pharmacy staff shortages causes places to cancel their appointments when they don't have staff to administer the shot and at times (but doesn't seem to be a wide-spread issue) not getting in their supply at that time.

We did our flu shot as a walk up in a CVS in a Target, we did our booster as an appointment in a CVS near our house.
She said she was going to try that. She’s got friends and coworkers who can’t find them either. Huge contrast to here where I had my choice of 58 appointments on one day with Walgreens alone.

Got mine last Friday - had to wait on the age requirement to drop below 65 years. Hubs got his a month or so ago. I had a cruddy reaction for a day or so after my 2nd shot & had almost exactly the same after the booster - glad I scheduled it when I had extra time off last weekend 👍!

YES, yes, yes ! All 3 jabs were Pfizer. Just a little sore arm (same with DH). Had more of a reaction to the flu shot.
Many vaccines need boosters. AND even the "natural immunity" from having covid wears off ! Long covid is not something to mess around with !

Yes - I got mine quite a while ago. I'm an Officer of Elections and I REALLY wanted to be fully vaccinated prior to the election this year (I'm in a conservative district in a conservative state, and we weren't allowed to require masks at the polls). So it was some time in mid-October, I think.

100% pro-vax but yet I still haven't gotten one. I got SO SICK with the second that I know after the third I will be wrecked for days. So I have been hesitant even though I know it's important. And ya I know, Covid will / could be worse. It's hard though to walk in somewhere and say "make me sick!".

100% pro-vax but yet I still haven't gotten one. I got SO SICK with the second that I know after the third I will be wrecked for days. So I have been hesitant even though I know it's important. And ya I know, Covid will / could be worse. It's hard though to walk in somewhere and say "make me sick!".
With the booster I got 2 days of really bad side effects compared to 3 days with dose #2 so I suppose I could say that part was a tad milder but I'm feeling the fatigue still. It's day 6 and while I haven't needed a nap during the day since Tuesday my overall energy is still low. I did restart my workouts yesterday but went extremely light. I've got a wedding tomorrow evening and I'm pretty sure I'll not be a dancing queen at it :laughing: and be ready for bed quite early 😴

Moderna kicked my butt both times but my first (AstraZeneca) had zero ill-effects. I see your CDC has decided mixed-vaxxing is OK for boosters - why not try a different one and see if it’s a little easier on you?

Moderna kicked my butt both times but my first (AstraZeneca) had zero ill-effects. I see your CDC has decided mixed-vaxxing is OK for boosters - why not try a different one and see if it’s a little easier on you?

That's a good idea, I never thought about that. The 2nd shot made me sick for three days with some of the worst FLU symptoms I have ever experienced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter