slo’s TUESDAY 1/23 poll - Soda vs Pop vs Coke 🥤

Soda or Pop or Coke - What do you call it and where do you live? (m.c.)

• Soda

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Coke

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Both Soda & Pop

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I live in the United States

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I live in Canada

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I live in England or Europe

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I live in another country not listed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I've spent my entire life just outside of Boston and it's always been tonic. I have gotten in the habit of using soft drink since I've spent more and more time working with people who are not natives of Massachusetts and have been a bit puzzled by the generic use of tonic.
Tonic is only a Boston area/eastern MA thing, too. It's soda in western MA.

It's all Coke, I'm from Georgia. Doesn't matter if you want Dr. Pepper, Sprite or Coke you ask for Coke then say what kind. Sometimes if I'm talking to someone not from here, I'll say soft drink.

We grew up in Ohio, but both sides of the family were from WV. We called it soda or pop interchangeably. These days, I usually refer to the specific one I want, i.e., do you have Dr. Pepper, do you have Coke or Pepsi products, etc.

I am originally from Philadelphia. We call it Soda. I live near Rochester NY now and mostly they call it Pop here, with maybe a few sodas, here and there

It was always soda where I lived, Philly area and Los Angeles, but everyone also knew what pop is.

Soda here ( South Jersey). My Dad was originally from a Pop area so my relatives on that side say Pop. My Dad didn't, but he left there at 14 and lived 70+ years in this area.

Last edited:
Soda - Chicago suburbs

My daughter lives in St Louis and she said that everyone calls it Coke, no matter what carbonated beverage it is. :)
This is interesting. I live in St. Louis and everyone I know calls it soda. And if you look at the map that was done a few years ago, St. Louis is a bright red soda blob/island... I don't know how accurate this is anymore, but I would say St. Louis is definitely soda.

1706064921353.png

Grew up with "Pop" but moved around the US to places where it was "soda." It doesn't come up in conversation often, so if offering to someone I'd offer "Cocktail, wine, tea, soft drink?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter