slo’s TUESDAY 12/26 poll - Putting Away Christmas Decorations

Putting away Xmas decorations - When will you do it this year?

• Today 12/26

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • This week 12/26 - 12/29

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • This weekend 12/30 - 12/31

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Next week 1/1 - 1/5

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • Next weekend 1/6 - 1/7

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • 1/8 - 1/12

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 1/13 - 1/14 or later

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • I haven’t decided yet

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • I have no decorations to put away

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I could put everything away today, the 26th. But in the spirit of living with someone who really likes to enjoy them for another week or so we compromise! I'll start to pack up the various linens and dishware tomorrow. I'll leave the interior decor up until this weekend....it's just a garland over the mantel in the sitting room so not a huge amount. Tree will be dismantled on new Years Day. Outside porch lights will get turned on in the evening till this weekend or NYE.

Not sure since I didn't really put much up this year. Came back from WDW on Dec. 11 with a wicked cold and a banged up knee from falling down so wasn't in the mood to decorate that week. Then it just got too late. I put a Christmas table cloth on a TV tray, put a Santa holding gifts and a light up white table top tree on that, my wreath on the front door and that was it. I'll probably take it down some time this week but since it really is just putting the Santa, tree and wreath in the basement, washing the tablecloth and putting up the TV tray it really isn't a big deal.

I wait until after New Year’s Day and usually do it on a weekend. I will want it all done by the afternoon of January 7th and have a lot so I may do a bit in the evenings starting the 2nd. It makes me sad to put it all away but is also a really big job so time consuming.

I have only 1 Christmas decoration - the wreath on our front door. (No tree.) It will be put away on 1/2.

Not until after New Years Day.

DD mentioned yesterday she knows of a family that takes down their tree and decor after early dinner on Christmas Day. “Christmas is over.” Then again they start decorating before Thanksgiving.
I leave my tree and other decorations up and lighted until at least the night of January 1 too.

Christmas 1985, my first in my own apartment. I was leaving about 1pm to go to my parents. A neighbor woman in her early 70s was out on her balcony unwrapping the lights from the railing.

I said “Merry Christmas” and she kind of snottily snapped back “Christmas is over!!”

Okaaaay.

A few days later I saw her in the laundry room and she apologized. Apparently she had an argument with her daughter earlier over something trivial and was disinvited from going over there.

I'll start on 1/2 or 1/3. Then finish it up by the weekend of 1/6- 1/7.

Outside decorations won't come down until mid to late January. Inside will probably last mostly until March. I love the decorations and they double up as winter decor so I want to leave them up as long as possible.

I always wait til after Epiphany- but I’m also not one who starts putting up decorations before Dec 1.
My sister leaves her decorations up until Epiphany as well because that's when the Magi get there. I tell her if the Magi wanted to see the decorations they needed to move a bit faster!

My decorations are always down by NYD because I'm so ready for spring and warm weather!

Probably New Years Eve/Day. We have a party at our house on the 30th, so it will stay up at least until then.

My family room tree is disassembled and dark. This is the earliest I started the dissassembling process, but it just needs to be done this year. Many take down decorations on NYD, but NYD for me is my one day off from life - I do nothing all day - it’s my most favorite day of the year - I love it! Then the following weekend (the 6th - 8th) my DD20’s BF is coming to stay with us, so I’m not going to it then (we want to do stuff with them) and then the weekend after that starts my yearly deep cleaning of the house. So that leaves now to do everything. I‘ll enjoy all the beautiful trees at church for the next couple weekends 🎄🎄🎄

Last year our tree had Valentine's, St. Patrick's, and Easter decorations on it. We leave the tree and lights up for quite a while!
We have a thin pencil tree that would stay up year round. DW would put up other decorations on it after Christmas: Valentines, St. Patricks, Easter, spring in general, patriotic for July 4, cheap flip flops and seashells for summer, fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving.

A few years ago she stopped doing it for some reason. The tree is still in a box in the basement.

Normally it would be after January 6, but we leave on a cruise that day so it will come down earlier.

Am I the only one who takes the decorations and tree down the next day? I did that yesterday. I have a couple of wall hangings to change out. For me, when it's over, it's over, but different traditions for everyone:) No one way is right or wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter