• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s TUESDAY 5/3 poll - Switching Out Seasonal Clothes

Switching out seasonal clothes - Do you do this? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - clothes go in the attic

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Yes - clothes go in another bedroom

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Yes - clothes go in boxes under my bed

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Yes - clothes go in a storage unit

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Yes - clothes go in boxes and stay in the same closet

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No - my bedroom storage has enough space for all my clothes

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • No - I don’t have enough clothes to switch around

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • No - I wear the same clothes all year

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • No - it never occurred to me to do this

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you switch out your seasonal clothes?
If yes, where do you keep the clothes you aren‘t going to wear?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..Yes, I switch out my clothes seasonally. I don’t have enough space in my room (my closet is average size), so I need to shuffle clothes around. For winter clothes - the real heavy clothes, things I wouldn’t wear until it’s super cold, go up in the attic and the moderately warm clothes go In the spare bedroom closet. Same thing goes for summer clothes - clothes for really hot weather go in the attic and moderately lighter clothes go in the spare bedroom closet.

*Inspiration for today’s poll is me thinking how I need to get up in the attic to take these clothes down and start washing them. Maybe if I do this, we’ll start getting some warmer weather (fingers crossed 🤞🏻)

I voted clothes go in boxes and stay in same closet, as sometimes I need to put them in a "tub" but I also have built-in deep cedar lined drawers in the back of my closet that hold my off-season clothes. Changing to my spring/summer clothes has been on my to-do list for the past few days.

We put snow pants, big coats, hats mitts in the basement and winter boots in the garage - eventually. Still wearing my winter coat today.

But I don’t have a seasonal wardrobe.

My old house had tiny closets so I had to switch out my clothes every summer and winter - I so hated it - my new closets is awesome - I can keep all my clothes out all the time !!! So this weekend I’m going to go through my clothes and thin out what I don’t want/wear for donations - maybe pick up a couple new Mickey shirts !

Heavy coats, sweatshirts, etc. go into a storage room on top of my garage. There’s a portable wardrobe for hanging coats and stuff. Other items go into plastic totes.

I have a decent sized walk in closet but I don’t like seeing boxes and totes stacked in there. Besides, I need room for my refrigerator.(@ronandannette :teeth:)

I have 2 pair of blue jeans. One for work and one for not working. That is my seasonal clothing, LOL. They just go on a shelf in the closet for summer.

Shorts are not seasonal. They are used all winter. My pair of jeans I have for work leave my closet when winter comes in and resides in a grocery bag in a drawer at work just in case I need to ditch the shorts at work for some reason.

Everyone makes fun of me when they see me in shorts. I don't dress for the 13 seconds it takes me to get between my car and the door. I dress for the 10 hours I'm going to be in a cloud of steam in a 90° facility in the winter.

Guess we don’t have as many clothes as others because all of ours stay in our master closet. The closet is walk-in, but not massive like the ones in new build houses. We donate unused clothes frequently, so we just keep what we actively wear.

Keeping your clothes in the attic and having to wash all of them sounds dreadful.

I definitely have seasonal clothes as I live in the Northeast, but I am terrible at staying on schedule with this. Right now I have a hodge podge of clothing in my drawers. However, that's just an organizational issue on my end. I keep procrastinating because I've had more pressing issues and I just end up finding something that works.

I will state for the record that the lockdowns did not help this procrastination! When my kids had no school and I had nowhere to go, it made it very easy to not worry about clothing.

I voted don’t have enough of each to worry about. I wear t shirts all year long with as hood when cold. Have hot flashes so works well now…lol

I have a small pile of shorts, 2 pair of jeans. Front closet by the door always held enough winter and spring coats for 4 people. Snow pants for the kids etc. Boots.

Never switched out when younger either and there was 6 kids in a small house. So guess I we never had more clothes than we needed…lol

I picked storage unit but it is a shed in my yard

I have no seasonal clothes.....I wear the same clothes all year.
Sandals always. I do have athletic shoes if I have to wear closed toed for something.
I have a large closet so everything is in it.

I chose "other".

We have a large walk-in cedar closet in the basement. Extra linens and off-season clothes and shoes go there.

Back in early April right before the most recent Florida/WDW trip, I started putting away fall/winter clothes and bringing out spring/summer clothes. I actually did another trip down there this morning to bust out more of my sandals and Lilly Pulitzer dresses. It's officially warming up around here (70s - 80 for daily highs). Yes, I'm wearing sandals and a sundress at work today. 🙂

I wear t-shirts all year 'round, so they stay out. In winter I just put a thermal shirt on underneath. My sweatpants and long jeans hang in the back of my closet and I bring out the shorts and capris.

Luckily I have a large enough closet and drawer space to hold everything. Very happy I do not have to move clothes around.

I can’t be bothered to store things seasonally, except for my footwear to keep the entry closets tidier. My bedroom closet and drawers are kind of a mess but I’m used to it that way. We do have separate shelves/hanging areas for our really summery stuff. Besides, with our weather there’s never really a time of year that one might not need long pants and a heavy sweater, so why not keep them handy?

Yes, I swap out twice a year (not my entire wardrobe, but certain seasonal items). My house is old and has small closets (no walk-ins). Most of these clothes get stored in plastic bins in the attic, with some in a closet and dresser in the guest room. I haven’t gotten out the summer stuff yet, even though it’s well into spring, we’re still in a somewhat transitional period now with temps fluctuating a lot from day to day.

About all that gets put into "storage" (aka, DH's closet) is our winter coats and jackets, so there's hanging space in our entryway for summer sweaters, hoodies, and light weight jackets. Those usually stay hanging in the entry all year as our house is chilly in winter and it's not uncommon to want a sweater or hoodie on a February night. Our bedroom tends to look like Bureau City, though. We have 5 bureaus (dressers? They are about 5' tall with multiple drawers each) and a cupboard (armoir? Also about 5' tall, two drawers at the bottom and a 2-shelf cabinet with doors at the top). I have a small closet for my very few dresses and hanging tops/pants, and DH has a large closet for his dress shirts, pants, and ties (which he wears to work). He has shelves in there, too, where he stores all kinds of stuff. I guess we have a lot of clothes, but as most were purchased years ago from Kohl's, Target, etc., I never think of having "a wardrobe," it's all just cheap clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter