Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • What’s a fireplace?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
One in the family room. We almost never use it.

The house I grew up in had two and we used them often.

I had one in the house I grew up in. We have one fireplace in our house now, used to use it all the time in the winter but stopped. Our next house, as we downsize, we would like a gas fireplace, not a necessity but a want.

We have two fireplaces and a woodstove. Haven't used a single one of them yet. One chimney is getting capped because it needs a lot of work that doesn't seem worth it for something we never use. We're also looking to sell the wood stove, as it takes up a ton of space and we don't use it. We want to take it out and put in a nice bar.

3 inside the house, 1 outside.
Gas fireplace in in-law suite, wood burning fireplace in finished basement, fireplace in sitting room. Plus a fire place with patio built outside on another part of our property.
Oh - and a gas fire little fireplace thingy out back on our patio, but we don't use it that often.
Sitting room has a fire most every night we are home Nov/Dec-March.

We had a pellet stove when I lived in PA (installed it myself). It was wonderful and heated our living room and den.

A house I had in Florida had a traditional fireplace; I think I used it all of 5 times only during the Christmas holiday. It ate up square footage for almost zero use.

We have one, with a floor-to-ceiling stone face and wooden mantle; it’s the focal point of our living room. Because our home was built 40 years ago, it’s an old-school wood-burning unit with a gas log-lighter. We love it and use it a lot in the winter - it’s so festive during the holidays and soothing on cold, dark nights. :goodvibes

We have 2. Both were wood burning when we moved in almost 20 years ago, but both were outfitted for gas as well. We switched to gas in the living room years ago and use that one frequently in the colder months. I love it. Our family room is in our finished basement and when the kids were little we would do family nights making pizzas in the pie iron and s’mores over the wood fire. It’s been years since we’ve done that and over the holidays we switched that one over to gas. That room tends to be cold and we thought we’d use it more with the fire. I would dislike living in a house without a fireplace.

We also have a fire pit outside and use that a lot in the spring, fall and summer when we entertain. Hoping to get back to that this spring.

One, but it's double sided, so we can use it in our family room as well as the office. We converted it to gas logs a couple years ago and now we use it quite often, especially now that my wife is working full time from the home office.

One, it’s gas and we only use it occasionally for short periods of time. We just moved here in November, and while it works it also causes the mantle to get hot. We haven’t found a way to adjust it, and can’t get it serviced until Spring.

A fireplace was an option when we built our home, but I knew we would probably burn the house down if we had one, so we opted not to get it.

There's one in the living room, it's never been used in the 9 years we've lived here. I think it might be gas or something. I'd have to have someone show me how to use it.

One in my house. Used it as our primary source of heat for about 10 years until wood got too expensive. That was 25+ years ago .Haven't used it in at least 15 years.
My parents house had two, one in the family room, one in the living room. Used the one in the family regularly, used the one in the living room just once in the 53 years my parents lived there. That was Santa's fireplace since the Christmas tree was in the Living room. I sold the house to flippers, they took the fireplace out of the living room. They hired a staging company, who put a FAKE fireplace where the real one had been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter