slo’s TUESDAY poll - Trick or Treaters

Trick or Treaters - How many do you have?

• None

Votes: 43 37.1%
  • 1-25

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • 26-50

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • 51-75

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • 76-100

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 101-125

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 126-150

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 151-175

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 176-200

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 201 or more

Votes: 11 9.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
On average…..How many trick or treaters do you normally have?

For Me…..None
I live on a street of 3 houses and my house is the last house on a dead end street.
Our street is a waste of time for kids (I wouldn’t trick or treat on my street either when I was a kid)

Over 200 last year but they were not done building subd - I expect more this year
Lucky for me I am in area that is like between to half’s of subd so I don’t get all of the kids - just the hard core ones !! Other people come in and trick or treat also like our 350 house subd is not enough
The kids are very polite and well behaved and you get some good jokes as that is something they do here
I hope we have good weather this year as it was cold last year !!

At our house it really depends on the weather.

We don't have that many small children in our neighborhood anymore. Maybe a dozen. However, there are several neighborhoods that are connected. When the weather is good, kids from other neighborhoods will hit our street too. In a good-weather year, we can get over 100. In a not-so-good weather year, maybe only a couple of dozen. It makes it difficult to estimate for candy!

Used to get around 150 but now only get maybe 50. Newer part of subdivision probably get that now.

The last few years, we've been in the 26-50 category.

When we had a lot of young kids in the neighborhood, it was up in the 51-75, because their friends from busier streets would come here instead.

I guessed 101-125, but it’s probably more. I should know by how much candy I give out, but I always overbuy then give out extra toward the end of the evening. We seem to have an influx of young families lately, so I’m hoping it will be busy this year. Halloween is traditionally pretty big in our neighborhood. In addition to the neighbor kids, we usually see kids brought in from outside. My kids are in high school now. During their trick-or-treating years, we had rotating lawn parties with other families. They got to be pretty huge, with potlucks, DJs, hay rides, etc. I’m not sure if any younger families will carry the tradition forward. Generally, adults set up lawn chairs at the end of their driveways to give out candy, enjoy some adult beverages, and socialize. It’s fun to walk around and talk to everyone. A guy at the end of my street always has Jell-O shot treats for adults and sometimes cigars, so I’ll head down there at some point in the evening.

We don't get any, though I always buy a bag of candy and leave the porch light on (if I'm home).

We live in the Bible Belt and most parents these days bring their kids to the Trunk or Treats the churches put on vs going door-to-door.

On a good weather night, maybe upwards of 200+. Other years, it's probably more like 100-150. We're at the back end of our cul-de-sac, so often Trick or Treaters will skip across the street before they get to the circle and head back down the block.

126-150. I think it’s somewhere in this range although the man a few doors down from me told a new homeowner in our development that it was at least double that last year so I may be wrong but I don’t think so. We are in a development so it all depends on how many come out. I don’t think people necessarily drive their kids here because there are many other developments in the area. It’s pretty consistent year after year. Ive lived here close to 30 years and as far back as I can remember we never once had a rainout. Hoping for a good Halloween for the kids this year!!

We do not have a lot of kids in our neighborhood no one came around last year I believe 2 years ago we only had around 10 if that.

I chose 1-25, but even that makes it seem generous. It's been less and less every year, mostly little ones and only when it's still daylight outside. Once it gets dark nobody with good intentions is out. We turn off the porch lights and put up the 'Sorry Out of Candy' sign.

We live in Celebration. This place gets super busy for Halloween. Main part of town can get 1500 easy. Nobody gets to the back part where I live so I’ll only get 50ish.

It’s down to about two dozen now. It used to be perhaps 50, but many kids are aging out of their ToT years.

I still buy enough candy for 50 (or 100). Trust me, it doesn’t go to waste. (Just to my waist.) ;)

I know in the past people have posted about their towns having ToT on days other than October 31. About a week ago I had a dream that wherever I was living decreed Halloween to be Saturday, October 23 this year. think parents were ready to storm city hall when I woke up.

500+ I just know however much candy I think I need, I need more lol.

It’s a you just sit outside situation because answering the door just isn’t practical. You also need to be in your own house by about 4pm or you’re not getting home as the streets become pretty impassable.

I said 51-75 and that seems like the number we’ve been getting the last few years. Occasionally we’ve been in the 76-100 range—good weather, weekend etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter