• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s TUESDAY poll - Yeti Cup

Yeti Cup - What do you use? (Multiple choice)

• 10 oz Tumbler

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 20 oz Tumbler

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • 30 oz Tumbler

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Can Insulator (which size?)

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 10oz or 24oz with a handle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 16oz or 26oz Stackable with straw

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • One I didn’t mention (which one?)

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I don’t use a Yeti - I use a generic brand

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I don’t use a Yeti or anything like it - why?

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you use a Yeti cup?
If yes, what do you have?
(multiple choice)

For Me.....I don’t use a Yeti or anything like it.
I would only put water in it and I don’t like my water ice cold, so I drink my water out of the bottle.
My DDs both have a 20oz Yeti and they use it once in awhile. Both of them also have a generic brand (30oz) from Walmart and they work just as good as the actual Yeti.

I have two 30-oz tumblers that I use daily, but neither is Yeti brand. I drink a lot of water and I like it ice cold.

One is the Walmart (Ozark Trail brand) Yeti knock-off. I watched several review videos and it seems to perform just as well as a name-brand Yeti. My other one is a CamelBak that i received as a gift. I like the look and feel of the Camelbak better, but I think the Ozark Trail works a little better. If I have ice/water leftover, the OT will often still have ice the next morning while the ice will have melted in the Camelbak... but the Camelbak will keep it icy "all day" so that works well enough for me.

We have 20oz tumblers. Used it everyday when we worked outside the home. We will use them when going somewhere when we want take our morning coffee on the road.

I tried the whole Yeti cup thing. I like the idea of it as I love cold cold drinks with loads of ice, but they’re just not practical for me. They’re so freaking heavy that I just hated having to haul it around. But the real dealbreaker is that you can’t put them in the dishwasher. I hate hand washing things and I just never felt like they got clean, especially the thermos type ones or styles with a narrower silhouette, it was just too much of a PITA to try to wash it.

Other- I’m a HydroFlask girl. We have a large variety in the house including “perfect pints” as our drinking glasses.

For my own use I have two 40ozs that I keep filled with water on the counter and a 20oz for my Diet Dr Pepper. When we travel I have an 18oz I keep in my backpack to refill as I go.

DD keeps a 30oz filled with water. DS uses a 16oz tumbler. Both have 18oz for backpacks. DH uses a 16oz for coffee at work.

I use Camelbak Podium Chill plastic water bottles. They're insulated so they keep my ice water cool for a fairly long while. We're a family of cyclists/hikers and the kids are swimmers too, so water bottles that will fit in the bicycle cages or the side pockets on backpacks and swim bags are the most practical for us.

My parents use Yeti tumblers and I usually borrow one while I'm visiting with them. They're very nice, I swear they'll keep ice water from melting over night. Very cool. Har dee har har.

Giant one used to be the home of my WAWA, would go after work to fill and it would keep the coffee hot or me until morning so I didn't need to go in am, no other brand worked as long.
Love the coffee mug ones now, got one for DH to use at work at the onset of Covid, they have a lid and are distinctive.
Expensive but totally worth it.

I have several in several sizes. I started buying them for use in our camper but now I use them at home too.
They all have their purpose- for water, cocktails, coffee/tea, wine. I rarely use regular cups/glasses now.
Just bought 2 26oz stackables in the new spring colors so that when I'm sitting around the fire pit my cocktail lasts just a little bit longer.

I have two Yeti cups. One is only for coffee, and one is only for water. I use the coffee one in the morning and the water one in the afternoon. Those are the only cups I ever use, and nobody in my house is allowed to use them but me. :)

I have a 20 oz and a 30 oz, but use the 30 more. I stop at McDonald's on my way to work every morning and buy a large Diet Coke that I dump into the Yeti. I then drink on it all day long.

We have Yeti cups as well as Hydroflasks. I am a true YETI convert. We used them on a cross country trip a couple summers ago and found them to be well worth the money. And that surprised me because I am the least “jump on the latest product” person you would meet.

We hiked in 100 degree temperatures and many days left an extra ice filled YETI in the car for when we returned at the end of the day. There were days when I forgot to take mine out at night when we were at a hotel and even the next morning with temps over 80 overnight it still had ice cubes in it. Totally amazed me.

I actually use a YETI mug in a (pretty teal color of course 😄) that I use for my coffee every day. Without exaggeration, I can get busy and come back two hours later and the coffee is still hot.

I guess I would say I am. YETI fan.

I have a lot of different ones......I would have to go look at the brands. We use them when travelling and at the Disney parks.
At home I am a Tervis user. I have a LOT of those.

Just looked at them. We have a couple ThermoFlasks, a few Takeyas and a couple Contigo

Last edited:
My company gave me one 20 oz. tumbler a few years ago. I have several generic ones that work as well.

My DD likes S'well bottles with the screw on lid. She carries them everywhere.

For day to day use, I use the generic one from Walmart. We do have several HydroFlask 32 oz water bottles. My husband's employer bought a lot of them as employee gifts a few years ago. They over bought, so offered the extra's to employees for $15/bottle. We use the water bottles mainly when kayaking and to keep extra water cold when out and about for the day.
The same company, 2 years after the water bottles, bought the employees Yeti tumblers. The employees felt the tumblers didn't work as well as the generic tumblers they were already using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter