slo’s VALENTINE’S DAY 2/14 poll - Valentine’s Day Gifts 💕

Valentine’s Day Gifts - Are you buying any and who for? (m.c.)

• Yes - I bought a gift(s)

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Yes - I will be buying a gift(s)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • No - I will not be buying any gifts

Votes: 61 52.6%
  • For my spouse

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • For my significant other

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • For my boyfriend or girlfriend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For my child(ren)

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • For a parent

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • For a friend or someone else

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
I got DH some twizzlers because I always say "NO!" to them. (He would eat them ALL the time if he could.) I also made him a quick little card this morning.

1707928405473.png

Nope, just another 'holiday' we ignore. Watched grandson last night while DD & SIL went out to dinner (he gives up meat for Lent). I will be singing with the choir tonight at Ash Wednesday service. Currently planning excursions for our 2 week Norway/Scotland cruise, we prefer to spend our money on travel rather than Valentine's Day

No gifts but DH and I went to dinner and a concert on Saturday so that is our Valentine’s date. He did get me a card .

Sadly, this is the first year I forgot to get my daughters anything. I usually get them some chocolate or another treat.

DH and I don't exchange gifts (never did). I'll make a nice dinner and we will just watch a movie or catch up on some fave TV shows at home. We do send my niece (3 yrs) and nephew (4 yrs) a Valentine's Day card. Our nephew's birthday is actually on Valentine's Day so he does get a birthday gift and a separate birthday card.

We went out to eat, and have booked a Luminous fireworks cruise for when we will be in WDW next month. So, it’s an experience we bought for each other.

I bought some small gifts for our 3 kids that will be from both my husband & myself… I went w/ a black & red theme this year, so they’re each getting a black & red shirt, black & red buffalo plaid socks, a card game, a book, & a red heart-shaped box of candy. The card games are in black & red or black or red boxes & are heart or love themed, & the books have black & red or black or red covers - and finding books that I both (1) thought they’d like AND ((2) were red & black took waaaaaay longer than I thought I would when I initially decided everything should be black & red.

I bought some chocolate covered strawberries for my parents.

And my husband & I will exchange cards, but we’re also taking a trip to the beach this weekend which will be our Valentine’s celebration w/ each other.

Tonight, I’m making lasagna for dinner, & we have a flourless chocolate torte & chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.

Oh, I also bought little boxes of conversation hearts & cupcakes for my high school class.

Dad and I gave each other cards and gifts. God's Gift to me this Ash Wednesday extra of I pray being able to kindly serve, witness, and say thank You. Grateful for all of kind you. Sweet dreams.

I bought candy for my family at our favorite local candy shop. Mailed DD#2 hers at college. She got a bucket of mini milk chocolate covered pretzels—enough to share with her roommates. DD#1 is coming home this weekend to stay with the dog so hers will be waiting for her when she arrives. I got her a bag of dark chocolate covered pretzels and a bag of dark chocolate “goofs”. Those are not quite perfect and therefore cheaper. She’s a practical girl and will like that she got more candy that way. DD#3 is in high school and got a heart shaped box of milk chocolate. DH likes their cream filled milk chocolates (except maple and coconut) especially the orange and the raspberry so I got him a specialty box of just those flavors.

DH got take out from Texas Roadhouse for dinner so I didn’t have to cook after a long work day which made me happy.

I put other, probably should have put kids. I gave each of my grandkids $20. Just got a call from my grandson at University that he received his through Applepay. (I have no clue about any of that other than giving my son the 20 to send to him). When I was married, we did not do anything for this day or birthdays. We took a long weekend away somewhere by ourselves instead.

Three of us siblings are born in February so it’s pretty normal for us to exchange gifts on the 14th. This year, I sent floral bouquets to my aunt and sisters.

Nope, just another 'holiday' we ignore. Watched grandson last night while DD & SIL went out to dinner (he gives up meat for Lent). I will be singing with the choir tonight at Ash Wednesday service. Currently planning excursions for our 2 week Norway/Scotland cruise, we prefer to spend our money on travel rather than Valentine's Day
Sounds like a fabulous cruise! I would love to see the fiords in Norway and I love Scotland.

Today is Valentine’s Day and Ash Wednesday - that doesn’t happen very often.

Are you, or did you, buy any Valentine’s Day gifts this year?
If yes….who for?
(multiple choice)

💕 Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! 💕

For Me…..I bought a Subway gift card and sent it to DD20 at college - she should be receiving it today. I will be buying a bag of sugar free Reese’s peanut butter cups for DH later today. Have any of you tried these? Are they any good? That‘s the extent of my gift giving :goodvibes
View attachment 833899
For Valentine's Day I got my two plushies of Star and The Watcher and my dad gave me a hawk necklace and a Nestle's Crunch heart. And we had a real Italian feast with different types of pasta

Reactions: slo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter