slo’s VETERANS DAY 11/11 poll - Veterans In Your Life

Veterans - Who are the veterans in your life? (m.c.)

• Myself

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My spouse

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • My child/children

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My parent(s)

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • My sibling(s)

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • My grandparent(s)

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Extended Family Member(s)

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • A Friend(s)

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I have no veterans in my life

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other (there will definitely be others) - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I’m blessed to know so many people who served our country - my dad, my step-dad (deceased), my father-in-law, so many friends and many DIS Friends Thank you for your service!
Enjoy your day today!

Who are the Veterans in your life?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..The Veterans in my life are mentioned above. At one time I wanted to go to The Air Force Academy, but decided against it because I didn’t want to leave my BF, who is now my DH. Thank you again to all our Veterans ❤️

IMG_1393.jpeg

My father was in the Korean war my father-in-law was in World War II at Pearl Harbor
I work for a charity that services wounded veterans so I know a lot of veterans each and everyone of them are true heroes❤️
I wanted to go into the service when I got out of high school but my father wouldn’t sign me and I was under age because he stayed a girls didn’t go in the service my biggest regret life is that I never did go in the service things in my life changed rapidly and I never got the chance once I became of age to join the service I really wished I would’ve
I’m very grateful and thankful and appreciative of all the men and women who serve or have served - THANK YOU !

Family members before me, DH was in the Marine Corps reserves, and I have many friends who served our country. We also have had over 100 Coast Guard recruits as guests in our Cape May home for Thanksgiving or Christmas over the 25 year period we have hosted as part of Operation Fireside. These recruits have made our holidays more special because we have known them.

Thank you all for serving our country. We appreciate your sacrifices.

Dh was in the Marine Corps. His brother joined right after he did.

Paternal grandfather was in the Marine Corps during WW2, paternal grandmother was with the navy during WW2, maternal grandfather was in the Air Force during WW2 but I don’t think he left the US. Uncle was in the Marine Corps and went to Vietnam.

I‘m very thankful for everyone who has served our country.

So many in my family, I've actually had a grandfather in every war since the Revolutionary War and a number of them served in that. Recent though - My step-grandfather served in WWII in the Army, my Daddy served in WWII in the Navy, uncle-in-law served in WWII in the Army, Daddy's brother served in WWII in the Navy, my brother served in the Vietnam era in the Army, my son is medically retired as a Navy Corpsman, my nephew-in-law served two terms in the Marines SF, hubby served in the Marines reserves. Too many cousins and uncles served through the years to count.

I did spend some time in the military - 19D and Airborne school, but not active duty so I would never call myself a veteran and officially I am not a veteran. Guard\Reserves\Cadet so many important years of my life no doubt.

I always have to correct folks when they call me a veteran - even friends who are veterans - always gets weird - but its important not to let it go IMO. Not going to take false honor - its just wrong.

Oh and lots of family members served - WW2, Vietnam - my wife even had an uncle who was killed in WW1 at Flanders (large age gap between him and her father)

A good friend served in Gulf 1 and 2 as an MP - and I'm pretty sure that is what ultimately caused his death at an early age - lots of health issues after gulf 1. :(

My husband (Middle East), father (Vietnam), and grandfather (WWII and Korean) are/was retired Air Force. My grandfather was in the Army, Army Air Corps, finally the Air Force.

Over 70 years serving between the three of the them. Very proud of that!

Also too many to count. My father and I were both in the Air Force. He was a tanker pilot, including service in Vietnam and many Cold War missions that took him away from home and family. I was an engineer, with multiple deployments to Southwest Asia and Afghanistan.

7E5351B6-A41B-433B-8677-920633F68922.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter