• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 1/25 poll - Footwear Around The House

What’s on your feet around the house? (M.C.)

• Indoor shoes

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Outdoor shoes

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Indoor or outdoor shoes - either is fine

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Barefoot

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Barefoot while wearing shoes or slippers

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Socks while wearing shoes or slippers

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • Slippers

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • All the above

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
What do those of you who have work being done inside of your home do? Internet/cable people, plumbers, electricians, painters - do you ask them to take off their shoes, and what happens if they are uncomfortable doing so, or have to have them on as a condition of their employer? Or would you offer them those bootie type things in lieu of taking off their shoes?
I clean the floors after they leave.

I must admit, and maybe I've been negligent or a bad guest here - but it's never occurred to me to offer to take my shoes off when entering someone's house. Nor have I ever thought that I would need to request that from someone entering my house.
It wouldn't even occur to me to take my shoes off going into someone's house unless they asked (or if my shoes were very wet or dirty). I'd feel a little awkward walking around someone's house in socks or bare feet without being explicitly invited to, I'd feel presumptuous making myself at home like that.

I must admit, and maybe I've been negligent or a bad guest here - but it's never occurred to me to offer to take my shoes off when entering someone's house. Nor have I ever thought that I would need to request that from someone entering my house.

What do those of you who have work being done inside of your home do? Internet/cable people, plumbers, electricians, painters - do you ask them to take off their shoes, and what happens if they are uncomfortable doing so, or have to have them on as a condition of their employer? Or would you offer them those bootie type things in lieu of taking off their shoes?
Do you wear big wet winter boots into someone else's house?

A lot of tradespeople in our area already have those bootie-type shoe covers that they put on before they come in to work in your house.

No, but it’s not like I have them on a lot or everyone lives where they are worn with frequency… honestly if we got a foot of snow here in Maryland tomorrow I’d have boots on when I was cleaning the steps or the sidewalk out to my car but I wouldn’t be wearing them until the snow melted

Many bring their own disposable booties, but for those who don't, I don't say a word and just sweep/mop once they leave.

I have a barefoot/socks home. Between snowy/salty/dirty winter boots, mud season, and beach sand, outdoor shoes inside don't make sense here.

Ah, that explains it. I was about to comment about how nobody I know ever takes off their shoes or offers to take off their shoes or asks people to take off their shoes. But I've only ever lived in the deep South, so I've never worn a pair of big wet winter boots in my life. That makes sense now.

Ah, that explains it. I was about to comment about how nobody I know ever takes off their shoes or offers to take off their shoes or asks people to take off their shoes. But I've only ever lived in the deep South, so I've never worn a pair of big wet winter boots in my life. That makes sense now.
I would be too hot if I had to sit with my winter boots on inside for too long!
I mean I have my fashionable not as warm dressy boots for when it’s not so cold then I have my warm winter boots.
If it’s -30 I’m wearing warm boots especially in case car breaks down.

I would be too hot if I had to sit with my winter boots on inside for too long!
I mean I have my fashionable not as warm dressy boots for when it’s not so cold then I have my warm winter boots.
If it’s -30 I’m wearing warm boots especially in case car breaks down.
You know, people talk about -30, and it's honestly not even a temperature I can fathom in any real way. We had single digit wind chills a few weeks ago, for three days in a row, and everyone here thought we were going to freeze to death. I truly admire people who can actually leave the house at -30, and I wouldn't blame you if you were wearing a full spacesuit lol.

We need a similar poll: “Housewares around the foot”, so I can regale you all with how I trekked through snow wearing sauce pans taped to my feet.

You know, people talk about -30, and it's honestly not even a temperature I can fathom in any real way. We had single digit wind chills a few weeks ago, for three days in a row, and everyone here thought we were going to freeze to death. I truly admire people who can actually leave the house at -30, and I wouldn't blame you if you were wearing a full spacesuit lol.
We could start new thread about how many shoes you keep at work to change into after taking off your boots lol.
All winter I wear boots to work and then change into shoes in the office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter