slo’s WEDNESDAY 1/31 poll - Your January 2024

Your January 2024 - How was it and how do you think the rest of the year will be? (m.c.)

• I had a great month 😃👍🏻

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I had a good month👍🏻

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • I had a mediocre month😐

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I had a bad month🙁👎🏻

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • I think the rest of the year will be great

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • I think the rest of the year will be good

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • I think the rest of the year will be so-so

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • I think the rest of the year will be NOT good

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • No clue - my year throws me to many curve balls

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
January is definitely the most blah depressing month, but I’m not complaining. I’ve been fortunate (or blessed) to have a good and easy life.

Mine was mediocre. I had radiation treatments for my stage 4 cancer. Met a new Dr. who I have nicknamed Dr. doom and gloom. Other dr. I see was more optimistic. Now I am having skin issues from the radiation.
Good - celebrated middle ds bday with a fun take out dinner.
Had my new home physical therapist say his last visit is tomorrow.
The rest of the year is no clue. I’m leaving that up to God at this point.
:hug:

So many optimists on the DIS, according to the poll results. ;)

My January was mediocre, as it always is. Probably more so since I had to put my 17 year old cat down at the beginning of the month. But in general January is always the worst month that seems to go on forever. And I don't even live where it snows.

How one month goes is not an indicator of how the rest of the 11 will go. Anything can happen at anytime, good or bad.

I've enjoyed January. The whole family finally got over the persistent coughing bug that is going around, so everyone feeling well is a big win. And I really enjoy cooking in January -- all the pot roast, stuffed cabbage rolls, wintery kinds of dinners. Somehow with all the holiday foods around, I don't enjoy meal prep as much during the holiday season.
So very pleasant January. 👍

The college process is stressful ::yes:: Now that my DD20 is settled in this college, I’m starting to stress about grad school, so I definitely understand. Good luck with everything 🍀

I hope your back feels better soon :wizard:
Thank you. What is making it so difficult this year is FAFSA. It didn't open until 12/31/23 and took days to get in. Clitches and crashing. Not expecting a lot but anything will help. Supposed to find out today from FAFSA, but of course nothing yet. I feel colleges are pressuring for an answer ASAP. Asking for deposits for enrollment and housing, etc. She's heard only from 3 (accepted) so far but still waiting to hear from 4 more. And she's already talking about getting her Masters. UGH!

Reactions: slo
It was a bad month for me physically because my entire family was slowly getting over a horrible flu that hospitalized two of us and made us all pretty ill. But mentally I had a pretty good month.

My month was good. The weather was as expected for January. Everyone was healthy. I’m looking forward to the year ahead. Our daughter graduates college this April with her BSN and already has a job offer at the hospital where she currently co-ops. I am so excited, happy and proud of her. In May, we’re also taking our first family vacation since 2019 which we’re looking forward to.

Overall it was good. I wasn’t able to do a whole lot of physical activity due to a badly sprained ankle, but I am finally able to get out and walk more. We’re retired and get to see our grandson weekly, so it’s hard to complain. He will be 2 in a couple of weeks!

its really hard to predict what will happen in a year, I voted good but who knows?

I had Covid early in the month (tested on the 6th) and still with some remnants of symptoms. Hubby had it right after me. Other than that it was an average month. Hopefully the rest will be good.

• Sad
I hate to say horrible but it was pretty horrible. I was diagnosed with cancer on 1/25 and it’s just been a blur since then. But it’s February now, the weather has been gorgeous this week, in a week I’m headed to Hawaii for 10 days and once we get back I’ll get started on getting over this bump in the road.

I posted in the 'how was your 2023' thread that I had a very bad no good terrible 6 months. So many things went wrong and the hits just kept coming and got closer and closer together. Like some crazy nightmare. We all came out of it alive (except our sweet doggo) and in decent shape. Could have been worse but got to be like some joke that one thing happened after another and really was like a dream I wanted to wake from. I hoped it was 2023 and would be better come January. But it began with me turning 50 in July and I worried it would be a bad year in my life and go to July. January, while not as awful as previous months, did continue with the hits. I selected mediocre. So, sadly, it does look like my bad year is July to July and not 2023. Still praying not though. And, as I said, things can always be worse. So I shouldn't complain.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I hate to say horrible but it was pretty horrible. I was diagnosed with cancer on 1/25 and it’s just been a blur since then. But it’s February now, the weather has been gorgeous this week, in a week I’m headed to Hawaii for 10 days and once we get back I’ll get started on getting over this bump in the road.
I’m so very sorry to hear this :hug:
Many prayers and hugs for you as you start your treatment.
Until then, have fun in Hawaii 😎
I posted in the 'how was your 2023' thread that I had a very bad no good terrible 6 months. So many things went wrong and the hits just kept coming and got closer and closer together. Like some crazy nightmare. We all came out of it alive (except our sweet doggo) and in decent shape. Could have been worse but got to be like some joke that one thing happened after another and really was like a dream I wanted to wake from. I hoped it was 2023 and would be better come January. But it began with me turning 50 in July and I worried it would be a bad year in my life and go to July. January, while not as awful as previous months, did continue with the hits. So, sadly, it does look like my bad year is July to July and not 2023. Still praying not though.
I’m very sorry to hear about the last 6 months.
Thoughts and prayers for you to have better months ahead :hug:

January came and went and was fine. My best friend lost her dad, but it was expected and although sad, a relief as in he was just existing and not living. The rest of January was fine - no illness in my home (extended family members had Covid and food poisoning but are recovering) and just back to the grind after the holidays.

February has some big events (dd turning 16) so hopefully it will be great! 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter