slo’s WEDNESDAY 11/29 poll - Fast Food Chains 🍔🍕🍟🌭

Fast Food Places - What places do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• Hamburger Place (McDonald’s, Jack in the Box and etc)

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Pizza Place (Pizza Hit, Domino’s and etc)

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Coffee Place (Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts and etc)

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Chicken Place (KFC, Chick-FIL-A and etc)

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Sandwich Place (Subway, Panera and etc)

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Mexican Place (Taco Bell, Chipotle and etc)

Votes: 56 46.7%
  • International Place (Panda Express, Fazoli’s and etc)

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Miscellaneous Place (Culver’s, Dairy Queen and etc)

Votes: 52 43.3%
  • None of the above - I eat no fast food

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
My DH and I started watching a Netflix series called History 101 and the first episode is about fast food. It‘s mind blowing how much fast food we (all of us in the world) eat every day and every year. There‘s so many fast food chains that are significant to the area or country we live in, so I obviously can’t list them all. So I’m going to try and put them in categories. So, I ask today……

When you eat fast food, what do you enjoy eating?
Which are your “go to” places?
(multiple choice)

*If you enjoy a place that’s significant to your area, please post what it is - it’ll be interesting to hear about different places.

For Me…..We eat very little fast food, but we do eat it once in awhile. This year we’ve ate at McAllister’s, Pot Belly, Dairy Queen, Chick-Fil-A and Subway. Each of these places we’ve had one or two times each.

IMG_1422.jpeg

Last edited:
We don't eat fast food often, but sometimes I just don't want to cook.
Our go to is Burger King (with a coupon). It's close and I like their Whopper.
DH likes Taco Bell which is in the same complex but I haven't eaten there in a long time.

I enjoy fast food, but don't eat as much as I did growing up. It's kinda shocking how much junk mom fed us. She was a terrible cook.

DH and I tend to get it for lunch on our shopping day over the weekend or sometimes when we're both at home teleworking. Every once in a while we'll take the kids to McDonald's or Roy Roger's for a treat.

When it's just DH and I, we tend to get sandwiches, tacos or teriyaki. With the kids it's usually burgers, fried chicken or roast beef sandwiches.

I mostly prefer sandwich places like Jimmy John's or fast-casual like Schlotzsky's. I also like a good chicken sandwich, so Chick-fil-A or Popeye's are commonly in the rotation.

Last edited:
I don't know if pizza is considered fast food. Not talking about Domino's or Pizza Hut, but a you're good old pizza place. Pizza is my favorite and I can eat it several times a weeks...but I don't. I also like ice cream. We have an Andy's Custard and a new place called Jeremiah's. Chipolte, Arby's, chick Fil A. Right now we've gone to McDonald's often because the McRib is back and my husband LOVES them. But we really don't eat out much, especially the fast food. Just like everything else, it's gotten too expensive.

Of the above categories, the only ones we really don't go to are coffee places and fast food pizza. Not that we don't eat pizza, just not from fast food chains normally. I'd say the ones we frequent the most tends to be chicken places (Canes has been our favorite lately) and sub places, like Jimmy John's.

That graphic is really cool!

I voted for most of the categories because there is at least something I like in each one. Mostly, though, I get McDonald's, KFC, or Dunkin'. DS and I both love Five Guys, too, but it's a little farther away.

My most frequented are:
McDonald's - it's the closest to work, so it wins on convenience and also the app has good deals
Wendy's - love the chocolate Frosty
Popeyes - for the chicken sandwich
Moe's

I used to do Dunkin a lot, but then they got rid of their lunch sandwiches (RIP turkey, cheddar, bacon sandwich). They're also weirdly expensive now. If I'm getting a breakfast sandwich these days it'll be from a local place that makes fantastic ones with fresh fried eggs, not dry microwaved ones.

I would go to Arby's if there were any around.

:crazy2: I didn’t vote in the poll because I can’t say I genuinely enjoy any of it, except maybe pizza. We do eat it once a week or so though and probably double-or-triple that in the upcoming days. My kitchen will be torn out tomorrow and we think it will take about 2 weeks for the new installation. The appliances are all going too so it will be sandwiches, cereal and fast food mostly during that time.

Only eat fast food once in a while. I like McDonald’s for breakfast, prefer Wendy’s or Shake Shack for burgers, and KFC for chicken (love their cole slaw). Also like Panera. We eat pizza regularly, but never from chains, as we have an abundance of good local places here.

Every once in a while we'll take the kids to McDonald's or Roy Roger's for a treat.
Ooh, I miss Roy Rogers. I worked there as a teenager, but it’s been many years since they’ve been in my area. Loved the roast beef sandwiches (with horseradish) and the Double R Bar burgers.

We, spread our business around. Over time,

Burgers-McD's, BK and Wendy's
Chicken-Popeyes, Chick-Fil-A, Raising Cane's
Mex-Local El Famous Burrito, Taco Bell
Fast casual-Portillo's, Buona, Culver's, Panera
Coffee-Mc'D's, Starbucks
Pizza-All local

We do prefer the local mom and pop diners.

Forgot Cane's

Last edited:
We usually get pizza I’d say twice a month. It varies between chains (Pizza Hut and little caesars), and two independent places near us. Of course the independent is better, but it’s also about twice the cost and you get less toppings. So that’s why we throw in the two chains that we find has the best pizza for a chain.

Hamburger fast food we only go to while traveling. Maybe a couple times a year for lunch/dinner at home, but when we are driving somewhere we stop at McDonald’s,Wendy’s, or Burger King. After eating it a few times on a trip, we are good on it for a while.

Other than that, we don’t do much. Maybe a couple times a year we will go to jersey mikes, get ice cream, or go to a fast food chicken place. We never do coffee, international, or Mexican fast food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter