slo’s WEDNESDAY 3/27 poll - Weighted Blanket

Weighted Blanket - Do you or someone you know use one & does it help with sleep or comfort? (m.c.)

• I use a weighted blanket

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A family member uses a weighted blanket

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • A friend or someone I know uses a weighted blanket

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • It does help me with sleep

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • It does help me with comfort

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • It does help another person with sleep

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • It does help another person with comfort

• I do not use a weighted blanket

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • I’ve never heard of a weighted blanket

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
My daughter uses one -- says it helps with anxiety.

I chose Other as well. I tried one. Maybe I got one too heavy (I chose based on my weight), but I wasn't able to roll over in bed (I'm a restless sleeper) and it gave me a bit of claustrophobia (even though I LOVE lots of quilts on me -- go figure).

I love mine and can't sleep without it now. The only problem with that is that it's obviously not convenient to travel with, but luckily doing activities during vacations tires me out enough to not have to rely on it as much

I have always slept better with a heavy blanket…even at the peak of summers when it’s triple digit temperatures outside. The weight just soothes me. Case in point… I was at the dentist the other week and started to fall asleep during X-rays due to the weight of the big X-ray radiation apron.

I recently purchased an unweighted blanket. Well, actually it's an ultra-thin comforter. I use that with my cooling mattress pad, cooling pillows and cooling sheets. Do you think I sleep hot?

I have the Haunted Mansion one, which is more of a throw size than a regular bed size. I do sleep very well when I put it on top of my sheet like a regular blanket, but I can only use it when the weather is cool. Otherwise I am too warm to sleep. I wish I could find one that is weighted but in a breathable fabric so I could use it year round.

I don't use a weighted blanket. I'm always hot under a regular comforter, I'm sure a weighted blanket would finish me off in the middle of the night.

Would love to try one because I sleep much better in the winter when it's cool enough to have a comforter on, but they're pretty expensive AND we live in Florida, so I'm afraid to spend a lot on something I can only use 2-3 months out of the year.

I thought I would love a weighted blanket because I like that x-Ray thing the dentist puts on you; I always feel so cozy.

I bought a lower weighted blanket to try, and I hated it. I couldn't roll over and I was way too hot.

I have wondered about them, on and off, but now you've mentioned the pain of washing them, I'm less keen! :P I can imagine, they help people sleep, though.

I have one. Our adult son has one, & I know several others who also have weighted blankets.

I have anxiety & trouble sleeping & staying asleep, & the weighted blanket really helps.

I take it w/ me when we travel - I have a bag for it.

But they are a pain to wash though!

My mom has Parkinson’s Disease. Recently, she had some dental work done, & they put a weighted blanket on her to help control her tremors. And the blanket did, & she liked it. I’ve been telling her for a while she needed one to help her sleep more comfortably, & this kinda reinforced it… but she’s too stubborn. (I think it’s part of her generation… ;-) )

I don't use one, we have one in a closet here somewhere. We just had it for use on the couch, and then once warm weather hit it got put away and not brought back out when it cool weather returned.

I have never tried one. But I also tend to run warm, so it might not be a good choice for me.

I got one as a gift and thought I would love it. At first I tried using it like a normal blanket, covering from feet to shoulders. I got very hot, felt like I couldn't move and the weight somehow aggravated joint pain. Now, I only drape it across my midsection/hip area and it's perfect for me.

When sleeping at a hotel, I always have to pull the sheets out from being folded & tucked under the mattress. They always constrict my legs too much. (I normally sleep with a comforter.) I imagine that a weighted blanket would have a similar effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter