Votes: 22 25.9%
  • O-

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t know my blood type

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
My mom once told me I was O- but I’m not sure how she knows this. I have never needed my blood typed.

You’d think this would be done at birth and part of some official record.
Not sure if you have any fears regarding blood donation but if you do not, I encourage you to research local blood drives in your area. Type O- is always needed as its the universal donor. They will type you before you donate. Giving blood is very simple and relatively painless. They will encourage you to donate double red blood cells if you're indeed O- . This is also no big deal. They take one pint of whole blood (plasma and red cells) then take an additional pint, spin the red blood cells out of the plasma and then return that pint of plasma back into your body. I think I have described that correctly. Sounds worse than it is.

I am Rh-, which I know from having children, but otherwise I don’t know my blood type.

I am O-. DH is O+. I had the shots halfway through my pregnancies and then with one or two of the girls after I gave birth. I used to donate blood a lot. I worked for a company that would give us an extra 1/2 day of vacation each time we donated.

Pretty sure I'm A+. I used to donate about once a year. I also did apheresis two times for a friend of ours who was dealing with cancer. At some point, maybe 25 years ago, they said I should not donate anymore. I forget the reason, but haven't donated since.

I'm O+. I got tested when I was pregnant with the kids. DH and the kids are B+ which caused some minor complications when they were newborns. Jaundice city. But everything worked out in the end.

I am A+. My Dad is also A+. My Mom is A-. So knew I would be A, but they tested me right at birth to determine if my Mom would need the rhogam shot. So I have known my whole life.

On a related note, donating blood saved my dad's life. He was walking through the hospital on his way to donate blood when he had his cardiac arrest, which meant he got immediate treatment. Anywhere else and he probably wouldn't have made it.

I’m O+, DH is A+, two of our kids are A-, which until that point I didn’t realize was a possibility.

Oh THANK YOU !
You just solved a 40 year mystery for me !! By process of elimination I found the only possible blood type DH can have that fit me & DDs ! 🤣❤️ mystery solved 👍 now to work on my father because I was always told he had AB blood but per the chart no way as mother had O both my sister and me have O and I highly doubt we are exceptions 🤣🤣🤣 just my father trying to be special 🤣🤣🤣 he was more than likely just like the rest of the family O for ordinary 🤣🤣🤣
Thank You !!!

I don't know mine. I asked my doc once just out of curiosity, but she said it wouldn't be in my file unless I'd had a resent surgery. I do have a CBC at every yearly physical because I have a low platelet count, but typing isn't part of that test. (I can't donate blood for the same reason, but thanks to all who do!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter