slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/3 poll - Shoe Horns 👞

Shoe Horns - Do you use one, are you a man or woman & what age range are you? (m.c.)

• I use a shoe horn a lot

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I use a shoe horn once in awhile

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • I do not use a shoe horn

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • I’m a man

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • I’m a woman

Votes: 68 76.4%
  • My age bracket is 29 or younger

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • My age bracket is 30 - 44

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • My age bracket is 45 - 59

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • My age bracket is 60 or higher

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
I’ll be 70 this year and don’t own or use a shoe horn. However, in the future, if the need arises I won’t hesitate to buy and use one

I bought a set of these bamboo back scratchers about 8 years ago
Dan did you know at the Tambu Lounge in the Poly they serve a cocktail called "The Backscratcher?" I ordered one and it was served in a tall glass with a bamboo scratcher sticking out of it:laughing: It looks very similar to the small one in your set.

Never used one until the pair of boots I wear daily now... they have zippers on the side, but also lace up. My right boot "caves in" if I put it on without the shoe horn, and is nearly impossible to pull the back out to get my foot in. So, I use the shoe horn just to keep the back of that boot from folding down/caving in.

I probably haven’t used a shoe horn in over 50 years. I doubt there is one in the house.

Dan did you know at the Tambu Lounge in the Poly they serve a cocktail called "The Backscratcher?" I ordered one and it was served in a tall glass with a bamboo scratcher sticking out of it:laughing: It looks very similar to the small one in your set.
Very cool, Ron. Not familiar with that one.

That's about the same, for sure.

1712191184288.png

I don’t think we have one in our house. Maybe should. My dad always used one. H’mm…

I use one almost daily. I'm 82. When I was 34 and we were raising 4 children, they discovered that I had a cancerous tumor in my left hamstring muscle. I lost the whole muscle and was paralyzed from the knee down. Had to make a lot of adjustments and learn to do things differently but I'm still here and enjoying a wonderful life.
Leg has undergone many problems due to the radiation, breaks in every leg bone, infections in the bottom of the foot and having to have the heel bone removed last year. So I depend on that shoehorn and a talented shoemaker in our neighborhood to make it possible for me to get a shoe on daily. But when I'm tired or lazy, I do resort to good old crocs.

I have not used one in over 50 years. Back then I did for stiff leather penny loafer type “Sunday” shoes.

But I have an over 60 female relative who still uses one every day. In fact I just bought a nice metal one for her as a present for an upcoming birthday.

I do not use one, do not own one, I don’t think i have ever seen one, and I’m not sure why or how you would use one.

Wow, that is something I forgot existed. I do not use one. However, I DO remember seeing these at my grandparents' "back in the day".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter