Votes: 12 9.2%
  • 8 - I strongly dislike it 👎🏻

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t know - I’ve never been to an Olive Garden

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
I'm like a 5 or a 6. Like others, it's been years since I've been there, but it always seemed like middle of the road, standard American-ized Italian food. Nothing exciting.

Up until a couple of years ago, we would have rated Olive Garden a solid 2. But something changed with the entire franchise. All of the food started tasting bland. And the food looked and tasted like it has been microwaved and then set under a heat lamp. The edges of the pasta were dry as though it had been reheated multiple times.

So, we started going to Carrabba's Italian Grill. The food tastes fresher and more flavorful.

The soup and breadsticks are good, but I never had an entree that was better than mediocre. One was downright vile.

It’s been at least 20 years since I’ve been to one.

I am not sure how to vote since it's been a number of years since I've been there... and it sounds like things have changed.

I don't remember having "bad" food there, even if it wasn't very exciting or authentic. I always enjoyed the unlimited breadsticks and salad, and our family always had a good time there, so I have fond memories of it (high score?) but I would never classify it as great Italian food (low score?)

My dad was a meat-and-potatoes guy and did not like eating out all that much though... and Olive Garden was one of the places he was willing to go for "celebration meals." Not what he'd pick for himself, but he was OK going there. We were usually "celebrating" and it wasn't "the same as home cooking, except out" which is what he'd usually choose. So I have fond memories.

Last edited:
I gave it a 5. We go there once, maybe twice a year. Love the soup, salad and breadsticks. And DH likes the all you can eat pasta where you choose your pasta, sauce and add ons.

As a connoisseur of the finer things in life, DIS friends, I will not hesitate to regale you all with the declaration that Olive Garden is pedestrian at best. It's more Tennessee than Tuscany. More Meh than Milan.

It's Italian Applebee's. And Outback? Outback is Aussie Applebee's.

I like Olive Garden, but I do wish they would be more inventive on their menus and add some more interesting entrees. I would like to see a real Carbonara pasta for example and something with Gorgonzola.

I gave it a 6. The last time I went there, was 6-7 years ago... because I was in NC for my great uncle's funeral and that's where his immediate family wanted to go. Prior to that, it had been years since I ate there.

I live in NE PA where we have AH-MAZ-ING Italian food.

When my BFF moved to TX, I'd send her Italian cheeses, etc., and she would send me real grits and fajita marinade (before it was popular in PA.) She couldn't believe that the folks in TX thought that the Spaghetti Factory was great Italian food, but that wasn't the cuisine for which TX was known, hence her sending me good Tex Mex and southern food.

I gave it a five. It's perfectly acceptable if you're really hungry and just want some grub. But it's sort of middle-of-the-road in terms of how good the food is. Now that I make my own Alfredo sauce from scratch, I can see that theirs is sort of bland. Not really acceptable for a restaurant that touts the Alfredo as being really good. I do really like those breadsticks, though. Not on my diet anymore, but yeah. They're pretty good.

Not a fan. The last time I was there was with my mom because she enjoys the frugalness of the soup, salad, and breadsticks for lunch. But, as a low carb vegetarian, they don't have much that suits me. I think I had Alfredo sauce over broccoli the last time that I had a full meal there. I do enjoy the salad. However, going to Olive Garden would be one of the last options I gave myself.

I'm pretty neutral on Olive Garden. I'm never going to choose to eat there, but if that is where someone else chooses, I don't mind to go. I like the salad and breadsticks and the pasta dishes are fine.

There are only a handful of chain restaurants I’ll go to, Olive Garden is not one of them, I don’t even know where the nearest one is. We have SO many non chain Italian restaurants here that are very good. No one would admit to going to an Olive Garden.

I gave it a five. It's perfectly acceptable if you're really hungry and just want some grub. But it's sort of middle-of-the-road in terms of how good the food is. Now that I make my own Alfredo sauce from scratch, I can see that theirs is sort of bland. Not really acceptable for a restaurant that touts the Alfredo as being really good. I do really like those breadsticks, though. Not on my diet anymore, but yeah. They're pretty good.
Alfredo sauce is literally Parmesan, butter, salt, pepper.

The last Olive Garden near my house closed about 20 years ago. We were sad to see it go. We never dined there, but we often got their salad and breadsticks to go.

I do like the Olive Garden- I love their Chicken Gnocchi soup and also their chicken parm. And I like when I go there is enough to take home for a second meal. They give 2 big pieces of chicken parm plus pasta so there is more than enough to take home!

I chose other because I haven’t been to one for more than 15 years. It’s been too long for me to remember how I felt other than I didn’t hate it. I am sure it has changes a lot since then so I would need to visit again to get an updated opinion.

These days if I want Italian, I usually make it at home. That’s much better than any restaurant.

I like it. I like the soup (chicken gnocchi), salad, and breadsticks. I have said I am never going back to the one in my town because the service is consistently bad! The last time they brought out the entrees before the salad and then were shocked that we didn’t want them yet. There were many other issues and they added up to a never to repeat experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter