slo’s WEDNESDAY 7/13 poll - Passport

Passport - Do you have one and is it current or expired?

• Yes - I have a current passport

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • Yes - I have an expired passport - I need to renew it

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Yes - I have an expired passport - I will not be renewing it

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No - I’ve never had a passport - I’ll never get one

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • No - I’ve never had a passport - I need to get one

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • No - I had one a very long time ago - i need a new one

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • No - I had one a very long time ago - I have no desire for a new one

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I’d like one, but don’t know how to get one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
I have a current one. Not so much for touristy stuff, but sometimes travel overseas for my job.

Where is she located? Ours were so easy, much easier than trying to get real ID from the NJ MVC, just want yo make sure we can fly domestically in the fall.
Maryland. She submitted all of the paperwork a few weeks ago since hers was expired and she still hasn't heard anything back or received her new passport.

The whole family is current, but we have to renew our younger son's, as it expired in March of 2023 and we're planning a trip to Costa Rica this December.

Ours expired. Haven't had the need for one so made it a low priority and went with the TSA pre check since we travel often states side.

Even though we've been out of the country several times, we've never had one. ( All of our trips were either before they were needed for some countries or on closed loop cruises.) We plan to go to Europe next spring with adult DS, so we'll have to apply for one soon. DS has had one for quite a few years.

That would be a fast turnaround, I think ours took a couple of months.
Yup, that's why she's relieved that she doesn't have an international trip planned anytime soon. She forgot to renew until it was too late and now has to go through the extra steps of getting a new passport.

Mine is good for another few years. Last used it in 2019, and while I have no plans for international travel in the foreseeable future, I will renew it when it comes due.

Have one and use it at least every other year. Can't imagine not traveling internationally, there's a whole lot of world out there.

We've had passports since 1980, pretty much always kept them current. You never know when an opportunity might come along to travel outside the U.S. I'd hate to miss out on a trip because my passport wasn't current.

Have one and use it at least every other year. Can't imagine not traveling internationally, there's a whole lot of world out there.
My thoughts exactly. Besides, always want to be prepared in case a opportunity comes up!

We always have current passports, and our kids (now adults) had them from age 2 or so on.

Have one paid for by the company where I work since my job would occasionally require international travel on relatively short notice. When that expires and/or if I have a job that doesn't require travel out of the country, see no need to renew it. We never vacation out of the country and have that TSA-precheck for domestic air travel which makes going through security at the airport a breeze. Lots of domestic places to travel so doubt we will ever run out of choices.

Mine has been expired for 10 years. I got it to go to London with friends. I want to renew it because I think it makes for easier travel.

I have both the passport book and the passport card, and a few years yet before I need to renew.

Ours expired during the pandemic, and we weren't going anywhere so we didn't get around to renewing them. Now we're planning to renew by the end of the summer. Eager for another trip!

Yup, that's why she's relieved that she doesn't have an international trip planned anytime soon. She forgot to renew until it was too late and now has to go through the extra steps of getting a new passport.

What are the extra steps?

We renewed ours in 2020. My daughter's marching band was supposed to travel to London for a trip. They waited, and waited to cancel because they were hoping the pandemic would end and they would still be able to go, so we went ahead and got the passports. But they canceled, and rescheduled for 2021... which also got canceled. (And now she has graduated, so she won't get to go.)

All of ours are current. I was so thankful last year dd renewed hers for the last time as a child. I get why they make it a process for minors, but yahoo that is a pain in the booty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter