slo’s WEDNESDAY 9/6 poll - Making Your Bed

Making Your Bed - Do you do it every day and if No, how often do you make it? (m.c.)

• I make my bed every day

Votes: 76 58.9%
  • I do not make my bed every day

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I make my bed when guests are coming

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I make my bed on sheet changing day

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I make my bed when I clean the bedroom

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I make my bed when I’m in the mood

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I make my bed according to my work schedule

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I make my bed if I have extra time

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I literally never make my bed

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Making a bed in the UK doesn't seem to be same palaver as the US - we have a bottom sheet and our duvets go in a duvet cover so all we do is fluff the duvet and sort the pillows. I could not be bothered with sheets and blankets - far too much faff!

Making a bed in the UK doesn't seem to be same palaver as the US - we have a bottom sheet and our duvets go in a duvet cover so all we do is fluff the duvet and sort the pillows. I could not be bothered with sheets and blankets - far too much faff!
I need top sheet, blanket, and quilt/comforter/duvet to be able to adjust to different temperatures. In winter I use all of it, in summer I just need a sheet and maybe the blanket. I can't sleep with nothing on me, but sometimes a duvet is way too warm.
I run into this issue a lot in European hotel rooms that only give a duvet. Waking up sweating and trying to figure out how many body parts I can poke out without feeling too exposed or too cold.

I don't use a top sheet at all. I don't like them because they're hard to keep from bunching up at the bottom near my feet. I dislike bunched up blankets and sheets in general-they have to be perfectly smooth over my feet and legs.

We don't make the bed, I actually get more annoyed when it's made because it means I need to spend time when I'm going to bed to unmake it to my normal sleeping way.

We also use two blankets one for each of us and we do not use a top sheet.

My mom used to make me make the bed growing up when we had guests (including family) but then she had me close my door..never understood the point of that. No one was nosey enough to open the door and it was the only time she had me make the bed. I get it guests and all but it was more like "this is just what you're supposed to do" rather than it actually making sense.

Hotels are different. If we have housekeeping that day I will always pull up the comforter in a loose way but then at the end of the evening I then pull up the sheets and comforter because I hate it being so tightly tucked. I toss and turn and wrap blankets around me.

I make my bed every night before I go to bed but not in the morning. It just feels nice to get in a neat bed but somewhere I read that leaving it undone during the day airs it out and is better for reducing dust mites. Don't know if it's true but that's how I do me.

I cannot sleep if the sheet and bedspread are not at least covering the bed. I owe that to growing up in the mountains where heat was expensive and blankets were not. DW is quite a bit shorter than me and does not care so if she is covered by the blanket at all she calls it good. If I do not make it before she goes to sleep I have to wake her up. You would think that would encourage her to make the bed before going to sleep but no.

Making your bed as soon as you get out of it is good for the dust mites. Very allergic to dust mites, so no bed making for me. I will straighten it up to get into it if necessary. And obviously it's made each week when the sheets are changed.

I need top sheet, blanket, and quilt/comforter/duvet to be able to adjust to different temperatures. In winter I use all of it, in summer I just need a sheet and maybe the blanket. I can't sleep with nothing on me, but sometimes a duvet is way too warm.
I run into this issue a lot in European hotel rooms that only give a duvet. Waking up sweating and trying to figure out how many body parts I can poke out without feeling too exposed or too cold.
We have two different tog level duvets for Summer 4.5 and Winter 12. If it's really warm - we just use the empty duvet cover.

Every day unless I’m running really late - but this is very rarely. Out of our 3 kids, the middle child makes his religiously every school morning but weekends he may or may not (but most times it is made as he is a routine driven kid), the youngest will only make it if I bug him - so 90% of school days it’s done & weekends very rarely. The eldest who is in her final year of high school has up until May had a disgusting bedroom. I told her that if she cleaned her room and at least tried to maintain it (a) it was one less stress weighing her down and (b) her father and I would assist her in cleaning when school things got busier - remarkably she has made her bed probably 80% of the time since then.

We have two different tog level duvets for Summer 4.5 and Winter 12. If it's really warm - we just use the empty duvet cover.
I do have a lightweight quilt for summer and a heavier comforter for winter. The top sheet and blanket are year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter