slo’s WEDNESDAY poll - Are You Wearing Green Today? (St. Patrick’s Day)

Are you wearing green for St. Patrick’s Day today? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - green top/shirt

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • Yes - green bottom/pants

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Yes - green socks

• Yes - green accessories

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Yes - green.... (please post what)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - I own nothing green

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • No - I think wearing green today is silly

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • No - I like getting pinched when I don’t wear green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m Undecided

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
I have a green t-shirt with a shamrock on it and a green bead necklace.

I tried to convince my teenage daughter to wear something green today, but she refused. I even offered her my beads. She said "I'll just say I forgot, because I did." I said "But you don't want to get pinched, do you?" and she said "Mom... if someone starting pinching people at school, they'd get in so much trouble..." so she is not worried about being pinched. My kids have never been "joiners" when it comes to dress-like-____ days at school nor holiday wear, although they will wear Disney shirts at Disney World without complaining. Sometimes I miss being able to dress them like I want! 😉

La Feile Padraig Shona Dia from Baila Atha Clitha

St Patrick's Day is cancelled here in Ireland as we are still in lockdown, all non essential business are closed and we have a 5km travel limit.

Everyone has gone online check out https://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/
and on Twitter
https://twitter.com/stpatricksfest and the hashtag #StPatricksDayAtHome

Im not wearing green and I'm not eating anything special today, just my normal food.

I'm not working today, its still a national holiday, despite Covid, so anyone who is allowed to work will have today as a vacation day, even if there is nothing to do and no where to go.

I have a green t-shirt with a shamrock on it and a green bead necklace.

I tried to convince my teenage daughter to wear something green today, but she refused. I even offered her my beads. She said "I'll just say I forgot, because I did." I said "But you don't want to get pinched, do you?" and she said "Mom... if someone starting pinching people at school, they'd get in so much trouble..." so she is not worried about being pinched. My kids have never been "joiners" when it comes to dress-like-____ days at school nor holiday wear, although they will wear Disney shirts at Disney World without complaining. Sometimes I miss being able to dress them like I want! 😉

I don't understand this pinching thing, its not something we do in Ireland, its not an Irish thing :confused3

I don't understand this pinching thing, its not something we do in Ireland, its not an Irish thing :confused3
I think it was an excuse for kids in school (back in my day) to pinch each other, honestly... nothing more. ;-) (And I wore uniforms to school. St. Patrick's Day was an out-of-uniform day as long as you were wearing green, so pretty much everyone wore green on St. Patrick's Day.)

My DSis and I will be sharing corned beef, cabbage and more with a neighbor and friend! We’ll all eat separately since not everyone has been vaccinated.

No. I don't have many green clothes and it didn't even occur to me this morning when I was getting ready.

No.......I have green but if anything we would wear orange. But we won't do that either.
We are not Catholic and this day is not a day I want to remember (my mother passed away on March 17)

I voted other because there should be a "It's St. Patrick's Day?" option. Had no idea it was St. Patrick's Day.

Other - I'm not wearing anything green, but it's not for any of the reasons on the poll. I just didn't think about it this morning.

Just so you know, we don't eat corned beef with cabbage in Ireland, we eat boiled ham, if you want to be authentic Irish and eat what people in Ireland eat

True. The Irish immigrants who came to the US started eating corned beef instead of the ham as it was more readily available and inexpensive here.

True. The Irish immigrants who came to the US started eating corned beef instead of the ham as it was more readily available and inexpensive here.

exactly its an American Irish thing, not a genuine authentic thing eaten in Ireland.

These are genuine authentic things eaten in Ireland, that are normal every day foods for people living in Ireland

Tayto crisps
Kerrygold butter
Cadburys chocolate
Hot tea with milk, made using a kettle to boil the water
Brown soda bread
Ham and cheese toasties
Porridge
Roast chicken or roast beef dinner = roast meat with brown gravy, mash potatoes and boiled carrots
Bacon and cabbage = boiled salted ham, boiled cabbage, mash potato and parsley sauce
Dublin people eat Coddle which is a a type of stew made with boiled pork sausage, potato and carrots
Dairy heavy cream with cakes and desserts
Dublin people drink Guinness, Cork people drink Murphys
Guinness is mainly an old persons drink, most Irish people under 50 would drink beer or spirits or wine

The only green I have is tank tops and it's too cold for that. I'm working from home today anyway.

No. First I didn't realize it was SP Day when I got up this morning, second it's a dreary rainy foggy cold (for us) day here so I will veggie out on the couch most of the day in my sweats. I did just glance down and notice the logo on my tshirt has green in it so sorta kinda. I never really thought I had any Irish in me until I got my DNA results from Ancestry and discovered I have 23% Irish DNA (tied with Scottish which I also didn't know I had).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter