slo’s WEDNESDAY poll - Window Treatments

Window Treatments - What types do you have? (Multiple choice)

• Pleated Shades

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Pull down shades

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Miniature blinds

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Vertical blinds

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Wood blinds

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Roman shades

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Curtains

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • I have no window treatments

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I have no windows for window treatments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
What type of window treatments do you have in your home?
(multiple choice)

For Me……Blinds
My family room window has vertical blinds I need to replace
Every other window has miniature blinds inside the window.

I do a combination of shades, wood blinds, curtains and drapes.

I'm super proud of the custom drapes in the formal living room. I have a big picture window with seafoam nubby silk drapes with sheers on a massive traverse rod. So mod. Evokes the gold silk nubby drapes my mother had.

Mini blinds with the exception of picture window. That has a shade that I mostly keep up.

I have mostly white wooden blinds throughout the house except for dining room and formal living room has white plantation shutters. In the family room I put up drapes that help keep house cooler in the summer (and to cut down sun exposure). I still have ugly valances from previous owner in my kitchen. I plan to put shades in there.

For light blocking, we have wooden blinds on most windows, but roller shades in the kids' bedrooms (installed when they were little but still there.)

We have curtains in our living room/dining room for decorative purposes. We almost never close them. My husband has trimmed out all the windows with nice woodwork, so I don't feel like they "need" curtains.

Last edited:
Plantation Shutters in the living, dining, study and master. Roman shades in the kitchen and breakfast room. Faux wood in the upstairs bedrooms, game room and laundry room. The humidity is so high in Houston that they recommend faux wood, the real wood will warp.

Mostly Roman shades....room darkening in the master
But the guest rooms have pull down blinds with curtains over them.
Bathrooms have pull down blinds

Sheer drapes in the living room and kitchen and faux wood blinds with decorative drapes over them in our bedroom.

We have pull down shades in the bedrooms. I have blackout curtains in addition, since my bedroom windows face east. We have some sheer curtains in the living room for a little extra privacy while still letting light in.

White wooden blinds in the majority of the house. The only room without any window treatment is the 2 story open family room with arched windows. My daughter's room has the added blackout curtains as her room faces east and gets bright sun in the morning which is not conducive for a teenage lifestyle. ;)

I have paper pleated shades and blackout curtains. I like a totally dark room at night.
Just as a small aside, if you have any LED light in the room - and I mean anything, no matter how small, like the little red dot on your TV or a digital alarm clock, try covering it at night. I heard this several months ago and it’s been literally game-changing for the quality of my sleep. It’s incredible how intrusive that seemingly tiny amount of light really is. :flower3:

We have a variety - I never know what most of them are called. My wife buys all that stuff - I just nod and smile. ;)

Just as a small aside, if you have any LED light in the room - and I mean anything, no matter how small, like the little red dot on your TV or a digital alarm clock, try covering it at night. I heard this several months ago and it’s been literally game-changing for the quality of my sleep. It’s incredible how intrusive that seemingly tiny amount of light really is. :flower3:

I cover the clock, the little red light on my computer monitor, and the illuminated speed buttons on my fan, haha. I really can't stand any sort of light in my room when I'm trying to sleep. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter