slo’s WEDNESDAY poll - Window Treatments

Window Treatments - What types do you have? (Multiple choice)

• Pleated Shades

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Pull down shades

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Miniature blinds

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Vertical blinds

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Wood blinds

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Roman shades

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Curtains

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • I have no window treatments

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I have no windows for window treatments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters
I have blinds, and they are never open because I have way too many windows and they all have awnings over them so no light penetration into the room. It's just dark inside my place with a view of the bright outside. Lights don't work to light up the room so I have to leave them all closed. Also with how tight my neighborhood is and the hilly landscape along with the amount of windows, you can see right inside from the road and every single person glances over at my place as they drive down the hill.

Mini blinds with the exception of picture window. That has a shade that I mostly keep up.
I have been curious about this forever. I assume you mean that they are up at night as well. Why do people not want their windows covered at night where every person can see inside what you are doing?

When I was first divorced and displaced with only a place to sleep, I spent a lot of time walking or riding the bicycle in the neighborhoods as I had nowhere else to go, and began to learn what everyone regularly watched on TV, or when they cooked and ate dinner, etc. I came from out in the middle of nowhere with hardly anyone around so seeing everyone with their windows wide open for view was a bit of a "culture shock".

Mini blinds with a curtain valance at the kitchen window, curtains everywhere else.

Wooden blinds in dining/living room. Curtains on patio door. Vinyl blinds and curtain valance in kitchen Vinyl blinds in den. Vinyl blinds & curtains in bedrooms 2 & 3. Curtains in main bedroom with wood valance. A mixed bag.

I cover the clock, the little red light on my computer monitor, and the illuminated speed buttons on my fan, haha. I really can't stand any sort of light in my room when I'm trying to sleep. :goodvibes
I'm another "gotta have it dark" sleeper. I turn off my clock (it has a white light display), but my husband's red light display doesn't seem to bother me. I've gotten used to the security panel light, but sometimes I'll have to turn over in bed so I'm not facing it.

Last edited:
Other: Plantation Shutters

I LOVE them! So clean looking and easy to wipe down.

...I have been curious about this forever. I assume you mean that they are up at night as well. Why do people not want their windows covered at night where every person can see inside what you are doing?

When I was first divorced and displaced with only a place to sleep, I spent a lot of time walking or riding the bicycle in the neighborhoods as I had nowhere else to go, and began to learn what everyone regularly watched on TV, or when they cooked and ate dinner, etc. I came from out in the middle of nowhere with hardly anyone around so seeing everyone with their windows wide open for view was a bit of a "culture shock".
Meh, :confused3 I suppose people could look into our living room through the sheers if they were interested but I don't really care. We have no neighbours directly across from that window so unless a pedestrian or cyclist stopped and stared, it's only a quick glimpse while driving by. Our bedroom windows are covered and that's all that really matters.

White plantation shutters except in our sun room which has jalousie windows. I love jalousie windows and we used to have more, but replaced them over time as they are not very secure. No drapes or curtains, I do not like them.

Voted other. We have plantation shutters throughout our house. Spendy but worth the investment.

I guess they’re shades. They just about gave me a heart attack when I got the pricing but now I’d never go back lol. Motorizations plus automation is something I can never go back from lol.

I’m not sure what they’re called. They are a pleated accordion cloth material that you pull down and press a button and push up. Love them though! I threw out every mini blind in the house.

We have all mini blinds because we’re in an apartment. If we had a house I’d want Roman shades, I really like the look of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter