slo's Saturday poll - renting movies

Renting Movies - How Often Do You Rent Them???

• Total voters
Between NetFlix, Amazon Prime & Xfinty to GO -almost never

We don't anymore. All the video stores around here closed. Last year we had Red Box and we use to get movies from them once in awhile and then they closed in Canada.

Now we just watch movies n Netflix.

I voted "random times - no pattern". We have Netflix, so we stream through that sometimes, and occasionally have something older sent through the mail. Once in a while, DS rents a movie through the On Demand feature on the cable as well. I've never used a Redbox, and I don't think we have an actual video store near us anymore. - I did borrow one from the library last month. Does that count?

No pattern-
We rent from directv, Apple TV, redbox. Sometimes we will go months without renting, sometimes we will rent a couple in a weeks time.

Once a week, we have a Family Video in my neighborhood. Rented Insurgent, Home and 2 other older ones last night. The pizza attached to Family Video (Marco's pizza) is really good too!! The video store is packed on Fridays and Saturdays.

You should have included a 'never' box.
Yup. Haven't rented a movie in at least the last 20 years.
Never done pay per view either, despite free coupons from Dish.
When the movie industry is reduced to remakes of Ghost Busters and National Lampoons Vacation, I have no time to watch the garbage they are putting out.
Might see 1 movie a year in a theater. Last 2 were "The King's Speech" and "Saving Mr. Banks"

No pattern in ordering movies off of Netflix or Amazon Prime. I never go to Redbox anymore.

I voted other because I borrow movies from the library. I put my name on a wait list for new releases and pick the movie up when it comes in. I will borrow an older movie every once in a while. The best part is it is free!

We have a Family Video just outside the neighborhood and I love to go there a few times a month just to browse for more obscure movies. I'd miss a lot of good stuff if they weren't there.

I usually rent at least one movie per week (on Tuesdays when they come out). I didn't rent any this past week because they were all terrible but I watch a LOT of movies, even a lot of the really dumb ones. Eventually I might even rent Paul Blart Mall Cop 2. LOL

I rent from either Redbox or Hastings.

i haven't rented a movie in over 15 years.
when movies stopped coming out as tapes, and went to dvd it was the end of family movie night for us.
mainly because the oldest took the system with him to college.......lol

i can get free demand on movies in my home.
but it's been a long time since i did that as one of my 4 sons always set it up for me.

i never paid any attention on how he die it so i'm behind the times in knowing what to do.

back in the beginnng of the vhs tapes that i could rent and set up.
when it went to dvd, i would go to the movie theater and watch movies there

i am too far behind the times in learing how set the machine up so i watch any movie that is on tv that night.

They still rent movies?? I thought all those stores went under. Ondemand has everything you need. Don't even need to leave the couch.

I don't rent movies. I don't care about movies too much, but if there's something I want to watch I either see it in theaters or wait the 6-8 months until it's on HBO, or something similar.

We love movies here but haven't rented a movie in a couple of years. I'm a bit of a movie collector so I generally buy movies on Tuesday's when they're released on Blu Ray and on sale that first week. They're usually $20-$22 for the Blu/DVD/Digital copy so we can watch them as often as we want and they get watched a LOT. Mostly kid's movies, if it's Disney or Dreamworks, I have it, lol. For grown up movies I keep an eye on sales for Vudu and iTunes and strike when they are $9.99 or less as well as belong to a forum where people trade their digital codes. We have hundreds of movies on both platforms, most for less than it would cost to rent them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter