• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SLOW moving resale.. Ugh

Several things can happen to slow down the process including the Seller not signing off in a timely manner.

I can only state that when I bought via Fidelity, Sharon and the rest of the team does everything possible to close these asap

I think you lost a week waiting for the contract. I got mine to sign the night the offer was accepted. Why did it take a week? My contract was done and submitted to Disney the next day.

I've often criticized Fidelity for their execution, but I don't see anything unusual in your timeline. It seems like things have gone pretty smooth so far; hopefully that will continue.

I think everything went great up until now. The closing docs seem to be taking forever!! I know this has nothing to do with Fidelity, as I said before Sharon has been great to work with. I don't know if the whole SC attorney thing is holding it up or what.. Just by looking at other timelines it seems people are getting closing documents within a week for so of passing ROFR. Again, I'm just anxious ;)

SC is a special case because of the state requirement that you use an attorney. That's a local attorney protective scheme and you're a captive audience for lawyers who can't make a living without a ridiculous and unnecessary requirement like this.

Look at the long term -- it will eventually get done.

Hopefully this is a moot point by now, but this is a real estate transaction and state to state is not going to be directly comparable. While rofr is what takes the longest in most cases and is generally the biggest hurdle, none of the regular closing activities start until that hurdle is passed. You could always have fast tracked the process, but you would have been liable for closing costs even of the sale did not proceed.

We finally got closing documents on 11/21. Our deed posted on the Beaufort Co website 12/4. Yay!! Almost there.. Now just the wait membership packet :)

Congrats! I am waiting to finalize my HH contract as well that started at the beginning of September. I went with buy**********now.com and those people are incredibly slow with everything. Then the whole SC attorney thing. I am hoping to get them by the beginning of the year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter