Slower morning plan suggestions please

PairOfDice

Mouseketeer
When my daughters and I go to the parks we speed walk at rope drop and make the most of the morning. This time DH will be joining us and let's just say he's not a Disney fanatic. We'll try to take it easy on him so he won't come away hating it. One way we can work around this is to send him and one kid to wait in line for a ride while the other kid and I speed walk to snag a FP and then meet them in line. I'm very much a planner and list maker but this new way of planning isn't coming easily to me. And our trip is less than three weeks away. If you have any other suggestions or itinerary ideas for making our mornings in both parks effective even if a little slower PLEASE share.

Will you have MaxPass? Because that would negate the need to walk to the traditional FP distribution kiosks.

How about taking the time to stroll down Main Street, perhaps stopping in stores along the way? Allow him time to soak it in. Then, get in line(s) for the rides he wishes to start with. Grab something to eat. It's not the usual rushed morning plan of most, but it helps ease someone into it.

Second MaxPass! It makes it so much easier/faster/more relaxing to collect FPs throughout the day. You can also get them every 90 minutes versus every two hours, plus right when you scan into a ride you can immediately get your next FP while you’re waiting in the line.

Can you maybe compromise with him? You can get SO much more done at rope drop, with minimal lines.....Maybe say you will make the most of the rope drop, then take a break, like have a nice sit down breakfast at Carnation? Then maybe hit the rides again for awhile, and take another break? Maybe even take a mid day break at the hotel?

That sounds an awful lot like line jumping to me. And if you go with Where's Wall-E's MaxPass suggestion, it won't be "necessary"

You consider it line jumping to join the other half of your family? The line jumping I've seen at DL was people walking up to near the front of a line and squeezing in with people they don't know.

Can you maybe compromise with him? You can get SO much more done at rope drop, with minimal lines.....Maybe say you will make the most of the rope drop, then take a break, like have a nice sit down breakfast at Carnation? Then maybe hit the rides again for awhile, and take another break? Maybe even take a mid day break at the hotel?

I agree and I think this will be part of our compromise. And we will definitely take a hotel break. We all enjoy feeling refreshed in the evening.

I am having the same issue, I am trying to convince my DH that there will be plenty of "CHILL TIME" as long as we get there for EMH/MM every morning, MAXPASS and Mobile Order!! He doesn't understand why we need 4 days of "doing the same thing everyday". He dislikes crowds and lines gets frustrated very easily which is why he hasn't been the last couple of trips. The last time he went was almost 10 years ago for 3 days and got lucky it rained the entire time so everything was a walk-on and crowds were non-existent, that wont ever happen again for us. LOL!!

The more I explain the touring style we are trying to do to accommodate him (slower, not as much hopping between parks) if he wants to take a break he can on his own or with us. No pressure on him so I wont lose my mind!! The more he's warming up to it!

If you are there at the start of the day, the most efficient touring plans still work without speed walking. 11-3 can be a great time to take it easier, refuel yourselves, take in shows, etc.

What type of thing would your DH like to do most at Disneyland? Try to switch it up so that everyone gets to do something they really enjoy in various parts of the day while still avoiding 60+ minute lines for Peter Pan or Dumbo.

It can feel frantic and rushed when one person is rushing around for FP and then making you walk way over here to use it. Then back across the park.

I’d try to minimize his waiting in line. When you choose max passes get one close to you.

You consider it line jumping to join the other half of your family? The line jumping I've seen at DL was people walking up to near the front of a line and squeezing in with people they don’t know.
So.... this is a hotly debated subject here on these boards. Hopefully this doesn’t derail your thread, but in a nutshell many people find it rude to send only part of your party to wait in a long ride line, having them join up later. I remember once how my 2-year-old and I were waiting in a long line for Dumbo. It was really hard for him to wait long back them but he really wanted to ride. Finally it was our turn and what happened? Eight members of a family ducked under the chains and joined their one other family member, who happened to be right in front of us. We missed the next cycle and had to wait even longer... made worse because my little one thought he was up next.

Regardless, it can be difficult to join up with your party in many of the lines ... simply based on the logistics of it, unless you’re prepared to “excuse me, excuse me” your way through a long line of people to join up with your party (which can prove pretty annoying to the people you’re trying to squeeze in front of). I definitely think staying together is the way to go.

Yes, absolutely.
So.... this is a hotly debated subject here on these boards. Hopefully this doesn’t derail your thread, but in a nutshell many people find it rude to send only part of your party to wait in a long ride line, having them join up later. I remember once how my 2-year-old and I were waiting in a long line for Dumbo. It was really hard for him to wait long back them but he really wanted to ride. Finally it was our turn and what happened? Eight members of a family ducked under the chains and joined their one other family member, who happened to be right in front of us. We missed the next cycle and had to wait even longer... made worse because my little one thought he was up next.

Regardless, it can be difficult to join up with your party in many of the lines ... simply based on the logistics of it, unless you’re prepared to “excuse me, excuse me” your way through a long line of people to join up with your party (which can prove pretty annoying to the people you’re trying to squeeze in front of). I definitely think staying together is the way to go.

Thanks for your responses. It has never bothered me to have someone in front of me be a placeholder in line for the rest of their group. Never gave it a second thought. I've gotten into line and had a person in front of me tell me that's what they're doing and I just say it's no problem.

And as far as it sounding "like an awful lot of line jumping" I'd say no. It was an idea for the first ride of the morning.

You consider it line jumping to join the other half of your family? The line jumping I've seen at DL was people walking up to near the front of a line and squeezing in with people they don't know.

From the Disney Park Rules and Regulations page:

"Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running."

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/park-rules/

Maxpass will make the whole trip alot less hectic. We love slow mornings and never get to the park before 10 am. We love to have all of our meals booked that need a reservation, and the rest of our meals planned in advance. We have a loosish plan each day on what section of the park we want to do. We normally rock up to the parks after a nice breakfast, book a fast pass on the app as soon as we enter, hit a dark ride and a churro while we are waiting for the fast pass, and just enjoy the atmosphere. Include plenty of food, drink and coffee breaks between fastpasses. It sounds like you have plenty of time so take your time, you don't have to spend the whole day everytime the parks, and include some things your hubby loves to do.

If your DH isn’t a fan of the hectic mornings, you could always go to the parks before him. You & the girls go crazy for the 1st hour or 2 & then meet up with him for breakfast. Then try to follow his pace as you go back for more rides.

This is a great idea! He'd be much happier after sleeping in.

Maxpass will make the whole trip alot less hectic. We love slow mornings and never get to the park before 10 am. We love to have all of our meals booked that need a reservation, and the rest of our meals planned in advance. We have a loosish plan each day on what section of the park we want to do. We normally rock up to the parks after a nice breakfast, book a fast pass on the app as soon as we enter, hit a dark ride and a churro while we are waiting for the fast pass, and just enjoy the atmosphere. Include plenty of food, drink and coffee breaks between fastpasses. It sounds like you have plenty of time so take your time, you don't have to spend the whole day everytime the parks, and include some things your hubby loves to do.

You guys have me thisclose to splurging on MP!

You guys have me thisclose to splurging on MP!
It's worth EVERY PENNY. The first time my friend and I used MP, we were literally sitting on a bench in front of the castle around 9 am saying to each other, "What are we going to do with all of this tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime?" It felt so weird not to be rushing around! Getting fast passes on my phone while in line for other rides has saved me HOURS of Disney time. Same with mobile ordering. I've gotten fast passes and placed food orders when I'm resting at my hotel!

I do. It's one thing if you have to take the little ones out of, like they have to use the restroom, but what you're talking about is literally line jumping. Half your party don't want to wait in line, so they do something else, and when it's convenient, they jump ahead of the people who have been waiting in line.

I second letting your husband join you later. My husband for some reason wants to go a lot now, but he really just wants to loaf around when we get there. I drop him off on a bench with a coffee or something for a little while here and there when he doesn't want to rush around with me. I guess he likes doing it that way because he seems to always want to go when I'm going now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter