Small Business Give Away ideas for the PodCast

Stevegriswold

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I wanted to start a thread on what people would like from small businesses as give aways. This was an idea that was brought up on the Dis PodCast last week.

We could do hats, or tote bags, maybe shirts, with the Dis Unplugged Logo embroidered on them or any other logo we have permission to embroider, and send these to the Dis Unplugged team as give aways.

Is there any interest in this?
Any other ideas people have?

Thanks,
Steve Griswold
Atlanta GA

Hi,

I wanted to start a thread on what people would like from small businesses as give aways. This was an idea that was brought up on the Dis PodCast last week.

We could do hats, or tote bags, maybe shirts, with the Dis Unplugged Logo embroidered on them or any other logo we have permission to embroider, and send these to the Dis Unplugged team as give aways.

Thanks,
Steve Griswold
Atlanta GA
I could be wrong but I don't think that was the idea. I think it was more like the Debbie who does the soaps putting together some soaps as a giveaway or if your business is hot sauce to put a basket of hot sauces together. I don't think it has to do with the Unplugged show. Of course, I could be wrong...

I thought the same thing. It's more like if your business is making something that can be given away. That way it is advertising for you, getting your product out there.

I guess it's too much to hope for one of the listeners owning a rum distillery, huh? :teeth:

Hey, no rum distillery, (I wish!) but you can BET that I'm putting together a faboo bunch of the goodies that I make to send in as a prize for one of the podcasts....

Y'all, it's just *so* exciting that the gang is liking my stuff.... I mean, it's fun to do, and a great job to have, ya know? Then, to hear them talking about MY STUFF on the show? Whooo hooooo! I mean, I feel almost famous!

Just think..... TrueSoaps are in Pete and Kevin and John's showers.....lol.......

OK, off to figure out what sort of "theme" this batch of goodies should have for the show.... hmmmm..........I wonder.....

Hey All! I dont post here much. But was listening to the podcast while doing homework yesterday and had heard about the small business giveway.

I was so excited. My mom owns her own small business and it can be tied into disney. So I had her email and gave her webpage information.

Not sure completely how this all works. But I know there has to be people out there that would love her service. I would post it here but for fear of breaking the rules I wont. Unless someone says its ok

Maybe you can give a brief description of what type of business she has, and then people can PM you if interested. Just don't post any links...that's a definite no-no.

Maybe you can give a brief description of what type of business she has, and then people can PM you if interested. Just don't post any links...that's a definite no-no.

Thank you

My mom has a small business where she makes T-Shirt quilts. She has a website loaded with information and photos. She even has made a disney one recently for a customer.

So many times people buy t-shirts to remember things but they either outgrow them or cant use them anymore but do not want to get rid of them. She makes them into beutiful quilts to keep the memories going even longer.

If anyone would like her website information. PM me. Glad to provide it.

I've seen those and they are so cool! Someone locally did an absolutely beautiful one using "Race For The Cure" t-shirts. Good luck to your mom and her business. :goodvibes

Thanks,
Steve Griswold
Atlanta GA

Hey Steve,

Though others may have had a different interpretation, I think this might be a great idea, especially if your small business is one that does embroidery or customizations like that. If it's the kind of thing where you'd go to another shop to get hats made, then the podcast team would give away "Dis unplugged hats, courtesy of Steve's Lumber", I think it might sound odd.

When I first read this post, I took the former interpretation, that your business does this kind of stuff already, am I right?

Hmmmm, maybe this is the inspriration I need to finally get me off my butt and start my dog treat business. I've been making dog treats for years and every one love them when they get them for gifts but I was too busy with other stuff. (I even got a website address a few years ago but never did anything with it.) I'm seeing Barbeque Biscotti in Max's future!!!! :dogdance: (And the other podsquad dogs also!!)

Hmmmm, maybe this is the inspriration I need to finally get me off my butt and start my dog treat business. I've been making dog treats for years and every one love them when they get them for gifts but I was too busy with other stuff. (I even got a website address a few years ago but never did anything with it.) I'm seeing Barbeque Biscotti in Max's future!!!! :dogdance: (And the other podsquad dogs also!!)

Ohhhhhh....my schnauzer would love that!

Hey Steve,

Though others may have had a different interpretation, I think this might be a great idea, especially if your small business is one that does embroidery or customizations like that. If it's the kind of thing where you'd go to another shop to get hats made, then the podcast team would give away "Dis unplugged hats, courtesy of Steve's Lumber", I think it might sound odd.

When I first read this post, I took the former interpretation, that your business does this kind of stuff already, am I right?

Yes, My wife does embroidery. She has two commercial machines and does business shirts, hats, corporate gifts, towels, jackets, gifts, etc. Bascially anything you can put a logo on.

So we could do some shirts, hats, or totes with the Dis Unplugged Logo on them or something else fans here might want and send them to the Pod Cast crew.

Thanks,
Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter