Small gifts for DD's friends?

tmarquez

DIS Veteran
I'd like to get small gifts for DD's close friends, but don't have much $ to spend. Any ideas for 4 girls between 7 - 9 that's not junk?

Thanks!

We got animals holding a throw last year at Walmart.com for $5 each (in the store they were $10) Really cute and looked really nice not cheapy. It was one of the specials they have online. The girls loved them.

I was at Target yesterday looking for some things to put in my niece's (she is 9) stocking and I picked up a few nail polishes (ELF brand is $1 each and NYC brand was under $2 each). The "dollar spot" had two-packs of emory boards/buffers in different colors and they also had those foam things to put in-between your toes when you give yourself a pedicure.

You could make a nice little gift out of those and I think they would go over well. :)

- Laura

I love getting the personalized makeup bags from Artscow for that age group, and I think there is a code right now for 3 bags (any size) for $9.99. I got DD and my niece these last year, and this year we ordered them for several of DD's friends.

My mom always got fuzzy socks and a cute christmas ornament for my friends at that age. She still gets them for some of my friends, and they look forward to them every year :laughing:

Nail polish is another idea, or smackers lip gloss- I remember loving that stuff at that age.

My DD 7 and her friends love squeakies. They play with them all the time. They range in price from $2-$10. Target has a nice set for $5. I would look at what they like to play when they are together.

My DD use to get a picture frame and frame a picture of her friends to give them.

Speaking of stuffed animals holding a throw, they have really cute ones at Michaels this year for $5! I have a giraffe, they also have a lion, an owl, and several others. Actually I got the giraffe for DH to put in my stocking since I LOVE giraffes and it's adorable :rolleyes1 ....

For my dd's bday, she got her friends a cute initial necklace at Justice as a party favor. They all loved them. They were less than $5 with the 40% off coupon.

If you have a target near you they have an aisle near the Christmas candy that is all stocking stuffers. There are tons of cute things there!

Last year my DD got her friends BFF necklace and braclets. We found them at Justice for around $5 each. This year she is giving a stuffed animal to one girl and a book to the other. All under $5 from the Disney Store outlet.

One of my daughter's friends gave everyone those little Christmas anit-bacterial hand sanitizers from Bath & Body works (5 for $5) and a holder that goes on your bag/backpack. Cute & only about $2/each

What about polypocket...I have seen the small ones for under $5

I always check the clearance and stock up on small toys throughout the year so we usually just grab something from the closet when we have a birthday or whatnot...

I always avoided giving toys to my dd's friends because I figured they get alot of that stuff from Santa and relatives.
Some things you could do

Cute fuzzy blanket
tote bag or toiletries bag for sleepovers
movie GCs and a promise to take them all together
jewelry making craft kit
Bath & Body works lotion set

I'd like to get small gifts for DD's close friends, but don't have much $ to spend. Any ideas for 4 girls between 7 - 9 that's not junk?

Thanks!

Do they like to read? We do books with bookmarks. Sometimes, my DD9 makes the bookmarks. They all seem to like that.

They had cute Webkinz at Target yesterday for $4.99. I know webkinz aren't as popular now but you still get to play online for a year with a new one.

DD11 is giving one of those candy canes filled with hershey kisses and a bottle of bath salts (Target $1 spot) to each of her friends.

Total cost was about $2.50/girl (we got the candy canes on sale last week at Target).

Just went through this myself with DD. I had taken a really good pic of the girls (4 including my DD) at the bus stop on the first day of school, so I used my Kohl's cash from black Friday and got really cute picture frames that say "The Girls" and "The Gang" and put the picture in and wrapped them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter