Smell of Marijuana inside WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom72

Mouseketeer
I stopped by Disney Springs during the week and couldn't help but smell someone was smoking weed in the Lime parking garage. I was shocked by this, but what amazed me is I also smelled it around Splittsville and also near trends. Is this something others have witnessed or is this something kinda rare?

I don't know man... but, look at all the pretty colors. Say, you don't by any chance have a bag of chips or something on ya, do ya. No? Ok, that's cool, listen this parking garage is wild man. I can dig it. To answer your question, no I have never seen it man.

I definitely smelled it when we were at Epcot a few weeks ago. Fairly strong odor, unmistakable, as if someone's clothes were baked in it. Couldn't place the exact source, but it was definitely someone in line behind us. Lingered until we got on the ride, then didn't smell it again afterwards.

Hilarious! Here's my story with this: I worked for Old Navy for several years. We received all these huge shipments of children's "jelly shoes." Those boxes took me back to a VW Van in the mid 1970's. It was crazy. Everybody noticed it, including customers. Well, it turns out part of the shoe structure was made of hemp. From China. LOL!! This is what the management told us. The next year, the shoes had a weird artificial strawberry smell. At Disney, I'd go with the guests indulging over the cast members. The management seems to keep an eagle eye on them!

I stopped by Disney Springs during the week and couldn't help but smell someone was smoking weed in the Lime parking garage. I was shocked by this, but what amazed me is I also smelled it around Splittsville and also near trends. Is this something others have witnessed or is this something kinda rare?

I'm guessing it is pretty rare, but I'm not really shocked. I was there for a week and never smelled it once. I honestly think that those who partake don't realize that the odor clings to them. I know at DL, one of the security dogs followed a person who must have recently smoked because the other guards were talking about it.

It's part of the whole 4-D theming. Makes it feel more like a real-world parking lot / bowling alley. Heard Port Orleans may be bringing in faux pick-pockets and lining the streets with trash to be more like the real French Quarter.

And they didnt share? How RUDE! on a serious note I feel most people who smoke have zero idea they smell. I highly doubt they are smoking in the park/parking lot but prolly on the way here and at home.

You run into the smell a lot of places. My amusing little story the park where I take my god daughter, I smelled the unusual smell 2 or 3 times and it in a kids park it bugged me. So I called a friend at work and that weekend he meet us in the park and took off his jacket and let everyone around see his badge and gun (agent at T&F). About a dozen younger people decided to leave the park and a magical thing no more smoking at the park.

It's part of the whole 4-D theming. Makes it feel more like a real-world parking lot / bowling alley. Heard Port Orleans may be bringing in faux pick-pockets and lining the streets with trash to be more like the real French Quarter.

If they want to feel truly authentic, they need to throw in some giant potholes on the roads leading to POFQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter