• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smoking ban

We are not smokers so will appreciate it when our sons come in from a night out at the pub and we do not to have to deal with smelly clothes.

Went past our local Asda yesterday and it was pouring with rain, the staff were packed like sardines under their new smoking shelter. Andrew has recently returned from Australia and said where he was you are not allowed to smoke within a certain distance of a building which did stop the smoking in the doorway problem.

However I do think that some of the places they are insisting signs have to be placed is completely daft. I have never been to any church and seen anyone light up during the sermon (fall asleep perhaps!) so insisting all churches have to have a no smoking sign is daft.

I went to the pub friday night and it was the usual smoke filled room, i also went yesterday daytime and as it had been raining the doorway smelt of stale fags but once you stepped inside all you could smell was the food it was so nice and my sister who smokes went for 2 hours without a cigareete normally she is like a chimney so it's better for her if she manages to cut down on a night out.
It was very welcome from my point of view

I think DH and I will be going to the pub this Wednesday evening just to try it out! Sad huh!

I like the idea of them having to be a certain distance from the door too!

We have had to put the signage up in the shop too, even though I wouldn't have thought anyone would ever dream of coming in and smoking.

I think DH and I will be going to the pub this Wednesday evening just to try it out! Sad huh!

I like the idea of them having to be a certain distance from the door too!

We have had to put the signage up in the shop too, even though I wouldn't have thought anyone would ever dream of coming in and smoking.

there is always one????

DBF and I went for a meal in a pub we like but never went to yesterday to celebrate the ban.

we went to the pub yesterday too because of the smoking ban, we don't go to pubs usually as DBF is asthmatic.

I have to say i used to avoid pubs as i suffer from bad allergies and sometimes smoke can affect me. So im looking forward to being able to go out without worrying now!!

well couldent belive it today,none of the usal suspects smocked in cabin at work:cool1: one bloke walked in with one but put it out saying he dident want to be fined.there was a lot of talk from the smokers that they would cary on in cabin,but that was just bravardo
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter