Smoking Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a good thing as long as they enforce it. I don't typically see them enforcing the current smoking areas, as I've seen people smoking all over.
I agree. I do think this will be easier to enforce though - if they want to. I think it's easier to tell someone "no smoking, period" than it is to say "smoke over there." Not that I think "smoke over there" is hard to understand, either, but this is more cut-and-dry.

I REALLY hope they enforce this. A smoker has every right to do so, but I should have every right to keep my children away from it. Last year at AK, a man walked up smoking to the outdoor tables at Restaurantosaurus. DD was napping in stroller it was 10:50, and we were waiting for the restaurant to open. I politely asked him to stop smoking near my kids, and that there were smoking areas available. He said something very not nice, but did leave. Disney needs to enforce people going to smoking areas. My oldest has a chronic illness that is exacerbated by many things including smoke.

This will be a good thing as long as they enforce it. I don't typically see them enforcing the current smoking areas, as I've seen people smoking all over.

Fully agree! If they stuck to the designated areas probably wouldn’t be as big an issue.

Would have also been ok if they installed those glass cubes they have for smokers in some airports in Europe as that really seems to confine the smoke

I'm not a smoker so the rule doesn't affect me much but I'm just wondering where they are going to put the smoking areas now. Are people going to have to pass by in order to get into the park? Is it going to make the line getting into the parks longer because of the smokers exiting and reentering. I agree that people should be made to smoke in designated areas but at least the designated areas before could be avoided and didn't interfere with other people's enjoyment of the park unless you were in those areas (other than people who didn't follow rules which there will be regardless)

Fully agree! If they stuck to the designated areas probably wouldn’t be as big an issue.

Would have also been ok if they installed those glass cubes they have for smokers in some airports in Europe as that really seems to confine the smoke

Not only do they confine the smoke, they have filter systems built in to limit the effects. Always wondered why Disney didn't invest in them and use their great experience of making things blend in to their surroundings.

This is excellent news. I just hope it's enforced. My daughter has a compromised immune system and playing dodge the smoke clouds is never fun. Finally a Disney change I support 100%!

Disney really is going all out to maximize every inch of space they can. They must be expecting monster crowds with Star Wars Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter