• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smugglers Run or Runaway Railway rope drop?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
What would be the best one to do first? Runaway Railway then Smugglers or other way around? We are going to probably do LL for Slinky and other Toy Story rides and purchase ILL for Rise.

Are you staying on site and taking advantage of ETPE? If so, you could probably do both without too bad of waits, especially with your LL and G+ plan. Try to hit front of the line and head straight to MMRR then back to smugglers run after. You should definitely be done with MMRR before offsite arrivals.

Runaway Railroad! I love, LOVE this attraction. The ride is adorable and the music is too cute. I recently heard there are two storylines. One features Mickey&Minnie and the other is about Pluto. Next time I ride, I'm going to follow Pluto's journey.

Smugglers is cool but I love Star Wars. Smugglers has a better queue and you won't mind the wait as much.

Runaway Railroad! I love, LOVE this attraction. The ride is adorable and the music is too cute. I recently heard there are two storylines. One features Mickey&Minnie and the other is about Pluto. Next time I ride, I'm going to follow Pluto's journey.

Smugglers is cool but I love Star Wars. Smugglers has a better queue and you won't mind the wait as much.

What's this about Pluto? He's my fave.

If you are getting genie+, you could use that for Smugglers Run (before or after the toy story land rides), so I'd go with Runaway Railway and not have to purchase that as well.

I wondered how long the wait would be for MMRR at early entry? Anyone do this lately?
We were there Nov 2-7. We were the very first people in line for MMRR, just so you know they will hold you at the door (that day was pouring rain) and then let us inside for the first ride of the day at 8:30, not a minute before. We found HS to be the most strict for this and for park hopping entry (2:00).

We were there Nov 2-7. We were the very first people in line for MMRR, just so you know they will hold you at the door (that day was pouring rain) and then let us inside for the first ride of the day at 8:30, not a minute before. We found HS to be the most strict for this and for park hopping entry (2:00).
Out of curiosity, what time did you arrive and how did you get to the park?

Out of curiosity, what time did you arrive and how did you get to the park?
We were staying at POFQ, rode the bus. Got to the park approx 7:30 and they let us right in (YAY!) but being first in line was really the only advantage for us using early entry.

We were there last week. We went for early entry. Before leaving the hotel we booked a LL for slinky and an ILL for Rise. Book slinky first as that goes the fastest. When we got to HS we got in the que for Runaway Railway. We were in the que by 8:15. We were not at the front, but not too far back. They started letting people on the ride at exactly 8:30. We were off the ride by 8:45, and went quickly to MMSR. We were in the que before they opened the park at 9. We had about a 15 min wait. We were of the ride by 9:20. It worked out well.

We were there last week. We went for early entry. Before leaving the hotel we booked a LL for slinky and an ILL for Rise. Book slinky first as that goes the fastest. When we got to HS we got in the que for Runaway Railway. We were in the que by 8:15. We were not at the front, but not too far back. They started letting people on the ride at exactly 8:30. We were off the ride by 8:45, and went quickly to MMSR. We were in the que before they opened the park at 9. We had about a 15 min wait. We were of the ride by 9:20. It worked out well.
Good info! We are going to HS soon for rope drop. What times did you get for LLslinky and ILL$Rise when you booked right at 7?

What's this about Pluto? He's my fave.

While Mickey & Minnie are trying to go to their picnic, Pluto is making it happen? I think Pluto might save the day. pluto:

My kids are grown so rides are no longer a priority but Runaway Railroad is on my list next week. This and Remy; I've not ridden the EPCOT Remy ride but I understand it uses the same trackless technology.

I wondered how long the wait would be for MMRR at early entry? Anyone do this lately?

This morning at 8:51 AM, MMRR is showing 60 minute posted wait but the ACTUAL wait is 20 minutes. I would do what others suggested. Wait standby for MMRR and use the Genie+ for the others. That is our game plan as of right now. Best of luck to you.

Smugglers is at 6 minute wait (posted 15 minute)

Good info! We are going to HS soon for rope drop. What times did you get for LLslinky and ILL$Rise when you booked right at 7?
We got Slinky for 10:10-11:10 and I had my pick of times for RR, we picked 1-2 to do it after lunch. You do need to be on the app and ready to book at exactly 7.

If you are on site, be sure to get there at least 20 minutes before EE. I would do MMRR 1st, then head over to Smugglers Run. The line to MMRR tends to grow quickly when the park officially opens as it right in front of you as you enter the park. It doesn't grow as fast as RoTR or SDD, but probably 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter