Smugmug

click on the picture you want to save, and then choose original and save it as you would any other pic from the web.

You can also order a back up disk from them as well if it was a lot of pictures.

Cool! Thanks:thumbsup2
Its a lot of photos. I may have to order a disc.

i'd check with their customer service , I would be very surprised if their isn't a way to bulk download, with zenfolio I can open up my files just like windows explorer and download individual files, or folders or everything...

You can no longer order a backup disc from smugmug but they state they hope to have that functionality back at some point. I actually used that a couple of years ago. There is also no built-in method of downloading all of your photos at once directly from your site, but the best method is to use a 3rd party app called AlbumFetcher. It works great!

There is also no built-in method of downloading all of your photos at once directly from your site, but the best method is to use a 3rd party app called AlbumFetcher. It works great!

that surprises me, since zenfolio allows downloading of entire folders I would have thought smugmug would as well..

that surprises me, since zenfolio allows downloading of entire folders I would have thought smugmug would as well..

Yep, same here. I've never seen any good explanation as to why that is. My assumption is that it's infrastructure related and bandwidth concerns which they have supposedly been beefing up over these past several months to a year.

i've been trying to be good and get my pics loaded onto smugmug. i loaded a bunch the other day, but when i went back to look thru them, i noticed that they didn't go into the folders numerically. is there an easy way to reorganize them? i want them to go in chronological order, but they are completely messed up! i've gone to the tools button but i only see how to drag/drop them or to arrange by number. the files in my folder on my computer are labeled in order...1.jpg,2.jpg, etc, so shouldn't they load on smugmug in order.

While in the gallery, under the tools menu look for Arrange and then you can select how to arrange. I always select sort and then sort by time taken, but there are a few other options.

ahhh!!! thank you soooo very much!! i was getting a headache from trying to find that! thanks!!!!

You can also do it through settings on your main page. Right under the gallery photo there is a settings button. If you click it you will be taken to gallery settings. Under 'look and feel' and you can choose how to organize the gallery. Auto sort- it give you a few choices(by caption, file name, date taken) and sort direction(ascending or descending)

This is an artifact of their current loader. It loads several pictures at once and orders them based on how it loaded them. As Herkemer said, you can go the gallery options and tell it to sort by date take. This is really annoying my wife. I may have to find her a different loader.

I'm a new SmugMug user, and I have a question about photo organization. I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out, and I'm not getting it!

I uploaded all my photos from my latest Disney trip (2010). I should have thought ahead and made my sub-categories and uploaded them that way, but I didn't...I put them all in one Gallery.

I'm trying to figure out how to get them sorted. So far what I have is:

akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip...and all my pictures are there.

So, if I have it right, the akblestmom is my name, the gallery is DisneyWorld, and the sub-category is 2010 Trip. Is that right?

My question is, is it possible to organize the photos within the sub-category "2010 Trip?" What I'd like to do is have it organized by park, so I'd have:

akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip/MagicKingdom
akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip/Epcot
akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip/HollywoodStudios

etc.

Or...is that not something that will work? If it can work, how do you go about organizing once you've already uploaded photos all into one gallery & sub-category?

(oh...if you go to my site right now, it's a mess, because I'm still working on my photos...ones I want to keep, ones to work on still, ones to get rid of, etc.!)

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it. :goodvibes

I know with mine, (and you can visit my site below) I have a main category of "Disney" photos. After that, there is a sub-category of "2009" "2008" etc. And then under that sub-category I have my individual galleries that are named for the particular park/event. I think that you can create galleries/sub-categories at any time by clicking "Add Photos" I think, and then click "New Gallery". :confused3

Smugmug has a really good support forum (Google Digital Grin or DGrin) that was set up by Smugmug. They answer questions, give all kinds of customization ideas and code to help create interesting looks to your site.

My question is, is it possible to organize the photos within the sub-category "2010 Trip?" What I'd like to do is have it organized by park, so I'd have:

akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip/MagicKingdom
akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip/Epcot
akblestmom/DisneyWorld/2010Trip/HollywoodStudios

DisneyWorld is the category. You create that at: control panel -> customize -> categories

To create 2010Trip subcategory, go to same control panel path but select subcategories. Select DisneyWorld from pull down as parent and add 2010Trip.

Now add the galleries Magic Kingdom, Epcot, HollywoodStudios. You will probably want your homepage to display in category view. Select "Homepage Layout" button from your main homepage. Select "Gallery Categories" check mark.

You may need to be Power/Pro account to change to gallery view.

Or...is that not something that will work? If it can work, how do you go about organizing once you've already uploaded photos all into one gallery & sub-category?

You can mass move your pictures from any gallery to another.

DisneyWorld is the category. You create that at: control panel -> customize -> categories

To create 2010Trip subcategory, go to same control panel path but select subcategories. Select DisneyWorld from pull down as parent and add 2010Trip.

Now add the galleries Magic Kingdom, Epcot, HollywoodStudios. You will probably want your homepage to display in category view. Select "Homepage Layout" button from your main homepage. Select "Gallery Categories" check mark.

You may need to be Power/Pro account to change to gallery view.

You can mass move your pictures from any gallery to another.

Thank you! That worked great. Thanks again. :goodvibes

When posting to forums from SmugMug, is there a way to keep the EXIF data from being stripped out?

It strips out the exif from the smaller versions, you can always go to the site and look at the exif from there.

I haven't done it a lot here but I do try and put the exposure info with my photos I link in from SmugMug. It is also why you'll see most but, not all, of my photos with some kind of watermark on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter