snacks on the quick service dining plan

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
What qualifies as a snack on the quick service dining plan? How can I tell in the parks? How about on the menus on the web?

In the parks, there is a square purple snack logo by the item then it’s a snack on dining plan. Stuff like popcorn, Mickey ice cream bars, dole whips are snacks. All the drinks at Starbucks too plus food items in festival booths are almost all snack credit eligible.

Some of the Disney planning sites such as Allears menus indicate the snack symbol for snack credits per PP that you could check out. We personally like to spreadsheet our preferred top meals and snack credits at Ea Park, hotel, DS... not because we have to, but it’s fun for us, and saves some time for when we want to mobile order, not waste time pouring over menus.

Some of our few snacks we chose last time were the big ice cream funnel cakes at oasis’s canteen, breadsticks and sauce a toppings Pinocchio’s, loaded bacon cheese fires at Flame Tree BBQ. Sometimes photos are linked to menus or you can just google them to help in the research.

A lot of candy in the World Showcase is snack credit eligible, too, but doesn't have the symbol. Just ask a CM. In Norway I think it was anything under $5, or something like that.

A lot of candy in the World Showcase is snack credit eligible, too, but doesn't have the symbol. Just ask a CM. In Norway I think it was anything under $5, or something like that.
Carmel corn and werther’s in Germany as snack credits are not bad

With Starbucks is it any size? do they have Trenta? And are extra shots of coffee included in a snack credit?

With Starbucks is it any size? do they have Trenta? And are extra shots of coffee included in a snack credit?

I don't know about the Trenta, but I have done 2 shots of espresso in my Venti Caramel Frappuccino many times and it was covered. I personally find Starbucks the best use of snack credits.

Some of the Disney planning sites such as Allears menus indicate the snack symbol for snack credits per PP that you could check out. We personally like to spreadsheet our preferred top meals and snack credits at Ea Park, hotel, DS... not because we have to, but it’s fun for us, and saves some time for when we want to mobile order, not waste time pouring over menus.

Some of our few snacks we chose last time were the big ice cream funnel cakes at oasis’s canteen, breadsticks and sauce a toppings Pinocchio’s, loaded bacon cheese fires at Flame Tree BBQ. Sometimes photos are linked to menus or you can just google them to help in the research.

Do you have a copy of your spreadsheet to share?

Okay - so next question - Aloha Isle, Epic Eats and Cheshire Café don't show on MDE as accepting DDP QS.

Last edited:
Yes any size. All offer trenta except the Starbucks in AK. Trenta size offered with tea refreshers and cold brews only I believe. And yes, any add-ins such as extra shots of espresso and extra caramel drizzle etc are included. During our recent visit my daughter even got a banana blended into her caramel frappacino!! Lol!

Okay - so next question - Aloha Isle, Epic Eats and Cheshire Café don't show on MDE as accepting DDP QS.

They don't have anything that would be a meal credit. You can use snack credits at all three.
Pretty much all places that only have snacks show up as DDP not accepted, but they only mean meals.

They don't have anything that would be a meal credit. You can use snack credits at all three.
Pretty much all places that only have snacks show up as DDP not accepted, but they only mean meals.

UGH. Thank you so much. I am such a DDP newbie. I saw that Sleepy Hollow was also on that list and thought all of them would not be acceptable. TYVM for the clarification, much appreciated.

Yes any size. All offer trenta except the Starbucks in AK. Trenta size offered with tea refreshers and cold brews only I believe. And yes, any add-ins such as extra shots of espresso and extra caramel drizzle etc are included. During our recent visit my daughter even got a banana blended into her caramel frappacino!! Lol!
Awesome - going in June 2020 and I need a giant coffee first thing each morning.

Yes. This would be confusing for someone unfamiliar with the DP. These 3 snack huts essentially accepts DP snack credits for everything except the root beer float with rum?- some sort of alcohol in it. And the other alcohol drinks at Epic Eats. The epic eats 8.50 funnel cakes with cookies and cream ice cream or strawberries and ice cream are among our favorite use of snack credits. The downfall is that you’re so full afterwards that you can’t eat a meal for a while. We had little kids staring at us the last time we ordered these, tugging on parents’ sleeves, trying to point out our humongous desserts.

Aloha Isle, essentially all of the menu except dole whips in souvenir bowls. The dole whip float is a popular choice for snack credits.

Cheshire Cafe - I think the whole menu is snack credit eligible. We don’t really go there.

I’d still check out Allears menus that would show you the snack credit designation at each QS.
http://allears.net/dining/menu/
There’s definitely people who’ve come up with whole lists of just compiled snack credit eligible snacks. But menus can change frequently, and for seasonal and specialty items. Then there are some restaurants such as tortuga tavern, golden oak outpost, friars nook, Tomorrowland terrace that are open only in certain peak times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter