Snacks, Sips & Spooks in October 2012... and a Mexican Fantasy cruise in June 2013!

All your plans sound great! I'd love to visit some Mayan ruins, tour Grand Cayman island and have a romantic time at the spa. :cloud9:

Your plans sound wonderful!

I'm so jealous, would love to do another Disney cruise this year but DH wants to go somewhere different blah, blah, blah....

The 'Tacos and Tequila' tour sounds very interesting lol

The snow here in Nottingham is ridiculous, I'm really fed up of it now!

Hi! Thank you, I'm really excited about our tour excursions.. should be a good mix of culture and fun :goodvibes
I think the Disney cruises give us a good mix of the Disney experience while visiting new places... it's funny to think I wasn't sure if we'd like the cruise when I booked it for our honeymoon, and now we cannot wait to get onboard the Fantasy this summer! :cool1:

All your plans sound great! I'd love to visit some Mayan ruins, tour Grand Cayman island and have a romantic time at the spa. :cloud9:

Thanks Mel :goodvibes - soooo excited for the cruise, just under 10 weeks count down now too!

English sweets/candy

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together some little gifts bags to give to our servers and room steward on the cruise (along with the tips on the last night), and I've been buying things that say 'England' or 'London' on them (soaps, key rings, note pads etc) and would like to get some candy to put in them to.

I just wondered what candy/sweets you all think of as being very English?! I probably won't be able to bring chocolate (Cadburys mmmm!) as it will melt in the suitcases... so anything sugar-based?

Thank you!

Emma princess: x
T

Hi Emma

Congratulations on passing your exams!!! That's brilliant news!!!

Just thinking about your English sweets - how about humbugs or Cornish fudge??

Sara xx

Hi Emma

Congratulations on passing your exams!!! That's brilliant news!!!

Just thinking about your English sweets - how about humbugs or Cornish fudge??

Sara xx

Thanks Sara!

I'm so pleased to have finished my exams, still getting used to having free weekends with no accounting studies :goodvibes

Great ideas for the sweets... thank you! I'm hoping to get some sticks of rock from Brighton before we go on holiday too :thumbsup2

Hope all is well with you & the family x

What about Turkish Delight? I love the stuff and would be so happy if someone gave that to me!

Your cruise sounds fab!! I LOVE cruising but haven't been on a Disney cruise yet :( Hopefully one day!!

I was thinking about your English sweets thing and I could only come up with Haribo sweets but don't think they're very English, are they?! Or maybe Wine Gums?! Just thought of Rhubarb and Custards or Pear Drops too?

xxx

What about Turkish Delight? I love the stuff and would be so happy if someone gave that to me!

Thank you for that idea.. Turkish delight wouldn't melt in the suitcase either!

Your cruise sounds fab!! I LOVE cruising but haven't been on a Disney cruise yet :( Hopefully one day!!

I was thinking about your English sweets thing and I could only come up with Haribo sweets but don't think they're very English, are they?! Or maybe Wine Gums?! Just thought of Rhubarb and Custards or Pear Drops too?

xxx

Thank you for the ideas! I wasn't sure about Haribo too.. I know there's a factory in Sheffield, but then they sell it in Italy & Germany in Epcot? :confused3 Now that the cruise is only 7 weeks away I will have to go and buy some sweets soon for the crew members :goodvibes

Hope everyone is doing well and having a fun weekend! It is finally starting to feel like spring here, and it's May... which means we go on vacation next month! :yay:

Today we bought some US dollars, that's always something I look forward to doing before a trip! And we went shopping a few weeks ago and got some new clothes for the cruise.. so excited!

I also ordered some tops from an American sports website, a couple of NFL Saints tops for DH and a pink breast cancer awareness one for me :thumbsup2 - plus a Red Sox vest for me to wear to the baseball, and probably on July 4th too!

(This is the back, the front of it says 'Red Sox')

In off-topic news... I start a new job in a few weeks! It's a position I've been able to apply for due to getting my accounting qualification earlier this year, I'm really looking forward to the move and a new challenge :goodvibes

Congrats on the new job! How exciting! And you're so close to your cruise! I must know, what site did you get the shirts from? I LOVE the Red Sox one!!

Ooh that's a cute top. Love it! Wow, I can't believe you already leave next month. I remember we were looking at that exact cruise that you're taking...bummer that we couldn't make it work. Now i'm sad knowing we could be leaving next month!:sad:

Congratulations on the job! :cool1:

Congrats on the new job! How exciting! And you're so close to your cruise! I must know, what site did you get the shirts from? I LOVE the Red Sox one!!

Hi! Thank you :goodvibes I got the shirts from Football Fanatic (they do all US sports teams though) - I've been getting DH NFL things from there for quite a while, they only charge $25 international postage which is pretty good compared to other sites :thumbsup2

Ooh that's a cute top. Love it! Wow, I can't believe you already leave next month. I remember we were looking at that exact cruise that you're taking...bummer that we couldn't make it work. Now i'm sad knowing we could be leaving next month!:sad:

Congratulations on the job! :cool1:

Thanks Lesha - I'm looking forward to wearing my Red Sox top in Boston! Our trip is coming up soo quickly now, 40 days and counting!

Congratulations on the new job! I read this when you posted it, but couldn't reply at the time and forgot about it. Sorry. :blush:

Congratulations on the new job! So happy for you!nn ������

Congratulations on the new job! I read this when you posted it, but couldn't reply at the time and forgot about it. Sorry. :blush:

Thank you both!

So sorry for the lack of posts on here... don't know where the last month has gone! I started at my new job and love it, great place to work :thumbsup2

And now... we are 5 DAYS away from our vacation!!! :banana:

I have made a start on getting things out ready to pack, the suitcases are out of the attic and overall we're getting sooo excited for WDW, the cruise andBoston :cutie:

I have made some gratuity envelopes for housekeeping, bell hops etc...

(some for WDW and some for Boston!)

I've also realised the Monsters University is released next Friday in the US (not until July in the UK!) which means that we'll probably be able to watch it on board the Disney Fantasy during our cruise!!
I watched Monsters Inc last weekend, and now cannot wait to see the prequel :goodvibes

(I also tried some of these cute biscuits (cookies) as they are MU themed!)

Not much else to say... I think I'll go make a start on packing!!

OMG Emma - 5 days is so close!!!!

Have a fantastic time! I have just been booking all my ADR's for October - so disorganised this year!! Luckily got everything except California Grill but I think it is because they are not booking yet til refurb done.

And .... I booked Wild Africa Check!! :cool1: Got it with the $50 off for me and Amber.

Also got MNSSHP for 31st October - so excited!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! So jealous you are going to get some sun! So sick of this weather - we had hail today!!!!

Sara xxx

That's great that you're loving your new job! Those house/mousekeeping envelopes look great! I love the Boston ones-- so creative! I can't wait for Monsters University, too. I hope you do get to see it on the Fantasy!

Super exciting! How long will you be in Boston? You might want to see if there's any kind of memorial for the Boston Marathon Bombings site. I heard they weren't going to acknowledge the terrorists by putting up a memorial, so I'm not sure.
Also, I'd be super excited to see if you get to watch Monsters University on the cruise.. that would be REALLY cool!
Are you going to be doing a new thread soon?
Keep me updated!

OMG Emma - 5 days is so close!!!!

Have a fantastic time! I have just been booking all my ADR's for October - so disorganised this year!! Luckily got everything except California Grill but I think it is because they are not booking yet til refurb done.

And .... I booked Wild Africa Check!! :cool1: Got it with the $50 off for me and Amber.

Also got MNSSHP for 31st October - so excited!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! So jealous you are going to get some sun! So sick of this weather - we had hail today!!!!

Sara xxx

Hi Sara!
So excited for you to try the Wild Africa Trek... it was amazing! I would keep trying for California Grill, like you say it's probably not showing on the ADR website yet while the refurb is being done :goodvibes
This weather has been so poor... we had a couple of nice days in May and earlier this month... but it feels more like Autumn/Winter than summer right now! I cannot wait to be in 90+ temperatures in a few days :cool1:

That's great that you're loving your new job! Those house/mousekeeping envelopes look great! I love the Boston ones-- so creative! I can't wait for Monsters University, too. I hope you do get to see it on the Fantasy!

Hi! Thank you - I'm really pleased how the housekeeping envelopes turned out, I've found it's a nice way to give tips to the CMs/hotel staff :thumbsup2
I'm fairly sure MU will be shown on the Fantasy.. when we went on the Dream in 2011 Cars 2 was released that week and they had a premiere for it at midnight on the ship... we thought about going to see it but due to jet lag there was no way we could stay up that late! :cutie:

Super exciting! How long will you be in Boston? You might want to see if there's any kind of memorial for the Boston Marathon Bombings site. I heard they weren't going to acknowledge the terrorists by putting up a memorial, so I'm not sure.
Also, I'd be super excited to see if you get to watch Monsters University on the cruise.. that would be REALLY cool!
Are you going to be doing a new thread soon?
Keep me updated!

Hi!
We will be in Boston for 6 nights (June 29th to July 5th) - excited to be there for 4th of July! :goodvibes I'm not sure if there's a memorial for the marathon bombings, although I have seen photos of flowers/running shoes left at the site... our hotel is pretty close to Bolyston Street too. I started running quite a lot recently as I'm training for the WDW Half Marathon next year, so if possible I'm hoping to go for a run around the city while we're there :goodvibes

I plan to do a TR thread once we get back... also I'll probably start a PTR for our January 2014 trip!

This weekend I've got nearly everything ready to pack for our vacation... 4 more sleeps!

Here are things that I have bought for the gift bags to give to our servers & cabin steward on the Fantasy....

Hope the crew members like them! :thumbsup2

Those are cool. I have no idea what a "dip dab" is... is that what it's called?
Also- I've been looking forward to you starting your TR again... do you watch Downton Abbey? It's one of my FAVORITE shows! I'm SO mad that we won't get to watch it until January though! :scared1: I've seen a picture of the next season already... I have no idea how they'll start it...
Hope your 4 days go by quickly!

Those are cool. I have no idea what a "dip dab" is... is that what it's called?
Also- I've been looking forward to you starting your TR again... do you watch Downton Abbey? It's one of my FAVORITE shows! I'm SO mad that we won't get to watch it until January though! :scared1: I've seen a picture of the next season already... I have no idea how they'll start it...
Hope your 4 days go by quickly!

Hi,

Lol Dip Dabs are packets of powdered sugar, with a lollipop to dip into the sugar :goodvibes

I'm very sorry, but I think I'm the only person who hasn't watched Downton Abbey! :blush: I have borrowed series 1-3 on DVD, just haven't had a chance to watch any of it yet.

Down to three sleeps to go now! :cool1:

Your trip is so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: Have a magical trip!

I don't know about the US, but here in Canada we have "Fun Dip", which sounds exactly like Dip Dab. I love those, haven't had one in years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter