snacks to take into the park??

jennypetal

Earning My Ears
What snacks do you all take into the park with you for your kids? Leaving in a week!!

Jenny:D

Hi! If you have a small pack, bring granola bars. Put some koolaid in a small baggie that is preportioned for one serving. Place it in your pack. Then when you are ready to have a drink from your water bottle, fresh koolaid.

Melissa

This is what I plan to bring snack wise into the parks.

dried fruit (Sunmaid makes some nice mixes)
Ziploc baggie of mixed cereal ( a la trail mix)
Breakfast bar for mid morning snack
Lifesavers
gum
water

Nothing that melts!!!

We usually bring peanut butter crackers, granola bars, cheerios or similar cereal, and the premeasured drink mix.

These all fit in the kids fanny packs and they are responsible for them. It never fails that we are in line and one of the kids decides that they can't go on because they are dying of hunger. :rolleyes:

Baby bottle liners make great little "baggies" for measuring single serving koolaid or ice tea mix into.

Dried fruit, raisins, cherries.
Fresh bananas.
individual string cheese (need cold pack).
snackwell breakfast bars.
Box juices.
Empty plastic bottles - fill with water at fountains.
Buy popcorn in disney container in park - day one. Day two - refill with your own microwave popcorn.
Premade peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Fresh grapes.

Ritz bits
fruit gushers,
Gatorade powder
mini oreos

DD can eat healthy at home. LOL
:wave:

SLIM JIMS!!

I buy the multi pack in the round container @ Wal Mart so they are small enough for kids' fanny packs. We take these with us everywhere.

Remember not to bring anything with chocolate. Even chocolate chip cookies. As they become very messy when they melt.
We go for individual wrapped stuff so it stays fresher.
Ritz bits sandwiches
Cheese nips
Fruit Snacks
Teddy Grahams
Cheetos
Pretzels
Capri Sun or other fruit boxes are great too!

I've never tried this, but is it a good idea to take peanut butter into the park in 95 degree weather? Doesn't it melt?

I've taken in fruit and nut mix, and granola bars.

Donna

If you rent a little refrigerator and have juice boxes, place them in the freezer the night before. When it's time for a little refresher, the juice will be cool.

Things I take: slims jims and beef jerky (I buy those round containers from Walmart, too, $2.50 for I think 15-20 of 'em), small packages of peanuts, gum, suckers, pb crackers (ds and dd usually go for these first, so I don't have to worry about the pb melting), water, frozen juice boxes, raisins, fruit rollups. Usually give ds and dd snack sized ziploc bags of dry cereal to bring in the park (they don't like to eat immediately after waking up). They just carry these in the parks. :pinkbounc

Whatever snack you take into the park, don't forget to pack it inside something solid that will not get squashed. We lost a lot of delicious snacks in the backpack because they got smashed during the day. Who want's mushed up Pringles. Oh, maybe my son, he'll eat anything!

I never thought of Slim Jims or beef jerky. What a great idea!!!
Thanks!
Terri

Thanks for the ideas! I'm gonna have to buy those Slim Jims at Wal-Mart....my boys love them!!

1.You must take Mickey Mouse suckers. You can get them at Walmart or Target or even the Dollar Store. These work great for having to wait in line for something.
2. Individual size/ snack size: cookies, gummies, crackers,peanuts,pringles,granola bars,chex mix,cereal boxes.
3. Handy wipes. Your fingers tend to get a little dirty. I just like to wipe my fingers before I put them in my mouth with food on them.

You know those fruit rollups might work well as a snack. They're easy to pack. Also trail mix and those individually packaged crackers - cheese, peanut butter or cheese on wheat. I also found at Walmart some new fruit cups. They are in plastic instead of metal and they have new tropical flavors instead of just peaches. If you chill these well they make a great refreshing pick-me-up in the afternoon.

Slim Jims are my 4 year olds favorite!! We go to Costco and buy the jumbo pack!! He absoultely loves them!

Another thing is any kind of gummy snack!! Gummy bears, worms anything!!

Mommy likes the dried fruit!

:bounce: :bounce: :p :p :p :o

ok now that I know what to take to the parks here is this question? How do I pack up these things to go on the airplane? Do I put it in the luggage that I check in or the carry-on luggage. I plan to take two pieces of luggage. One is rather big with wheels the other is a collapsible luggage it's not very sturdy and strong on the outside. So if I put the stuff in the check-in luggage including water (6 bottles) then will it be alright. Most of everything I packed are in zip-loc bags just in case. I just love this board:) Oh I leave in 2 days!!!

Stupid question:

Do I buy this stuff now and pack it?

Or do I stop at a store on the way from the aiport and stock up???

We don't have a refrigerator (no babies yet! :))

So I figured we'd buy a cheap white styrofoam coller down there and use that to cool food.....

We leave in 10 days and I just crazy with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter